What the ****?

Old Apr 27th 2011, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default What the ****?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13205439

I'm all for justice but this I hadn't heard of before. Disgusting.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 7:16 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What the ****?

Originally Posted by Scamp
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13205439

I'm all for justice but this I hadn't heard of before. Disgusting.
Pakistan isn't it? you don't hear loads but thats' where a lot of the evil is coming from.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 7:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Pakistan isn't it? you don't hear loads but thats' where a lot of the evil is coming from.
Yeah, and they wondered why Cameron made comments about extremists being bred out there.

Completely ****ed up.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 5:05 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Pakistan is currently one of the worlds most ****ed countries with an extremely high chance of becoming afghan part deux. Except this time they have nukes.

The security services routinely help the Taliban out, the government is among the most corrupt on earth, the justice system is truly farked and if the powers that be had the courage to act then we'd move the troops from helmand straight into swat and be done with it.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 6:03 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Pakistan is currently one of the worlds most ****ed countries with an extremely high chance of becoming afghan part deux. Except this time they have nukes.

The security services routinely help the Taliban out, the government is among the most corrupt on earth, the justice system is truly farked and if the powers that be had the courage to act then we'd move the troops from helmand straight into swat and be done with it.
Sitting the fence again then fella....
Old Apr 28th 2011, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Population statistics:

Pakistan: 96.3% Muslim
India: 13.4% Muslim

I know who I'd rather trust...............
Old Apr 28th 2011, 7:02 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva

Aye I do like these drones they send in to blow some of these twats up mind.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 8:16 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody primitives.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Aye I do like these drones they send in to blow some of these twats up mind.
Yeah , i'm surprised a Gulf Arab hasn't tried to buy one for a Birthday present.... " A Drone's for life not just for insurgents "....
Old Apr 28th 2011, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Under what rock do you live? There's pretty much daily reports of shit going down in Pakistan. I go there occasionally for work..the new blasphemy laws have got me a bit worried as I am inclined to blurt out the occasional mockery of some deity or another.

Had a look on a Pakistan facebook group. It's full of love.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

taimuraly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, this is my first post and a pretty intense one as well Was directed to the forums by this http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672119 and then saw the thread title However I wasn't expecting to find this article here

The article posted is very distributing and heart wrecking. One can not even image the misery and pain that she faced and still faces to this day.

Pakistan is a developing country and beside their main cities which are developing, most of the other parts consist of rural area and are small villages that are governed by tribes or powerful men, where what they say is the law. Corruption is very high reaching all levels thus allowing them to flourish and do what they want. One of the other culprits is the education and the high illiteracy rate. Education is not available to most parts of these villages and the places where public education is offered, it is way below standards. Plus the tribal and cultural upbringing of the people in these places doesn’t value education at all. High poverty also does not help with the poor requiring their children to work in order for them just to be able to survive. Due to all these reasons, these people haven’t been able to grow and think like most 20th century people do, their lives are still pretty much black and white.

However people in the cities are educated and have a more mature mindset. Many NGOs have been set up by the people to highlight cases like such which happen in villages and help the victims find justice. Cases involving tribal leaders passing out judgements and acting as the law have always been present in villages but it is only now that they are being put forward to the general public. Now the victims actually have a voice and the possibility of being heard. It is not perfect due to corruption but the support and response of the people is overwhelming.

Like in most other countries, there are extremists in Pakistan however the advantage they have are these poor people who are naive and desperate just to survive. The extremist are thriving by brainwashing them into believing what they are doing is correct and rightful along with giving them financial incentives. Taliban is one such group that is creating havoc in Pakistan with car bombings, assassinations and honour killings. Nevertheless there is very little reason to believe that Pakistan would end up like Afghanistan. The Army is quite capable of handling such an intrusion plus the international community would not allow it to happen. In addition to that, the people would not allow such a restrictive regime to rise.

One of the best ways of getting rid of the extremist would be by educating the people and giving them the skills to think and judge for themselves. Using drones would not affect Taliban until the main roots are cut off. Besides the usage of drones so far in Pakistan has mostly lead to innocent life being lost which is collateral damage everyone wants to avoid.