Westminster Attack

Old Mar 22nd 2017, 6:04 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Westminster Attack

My salute to the brave Police Officer who took on the attacker and paid the ultimate price. May he always Rest In Peace.
My heart goes out to the families of all those affected. May they find the strength to carry on through this very difficult time.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39355940
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 6:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Westminster Attack

Bonkers isn't it.

Had a school mate who was over there covering a story and said the cops were amazing.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 7:00 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

And fair play to the British public. for one hour after the attack, it was the top trend on Twitter, 1:05 after the attack, problems with the Tube were back top of the list with Londoners. We're a resilient lot and these B@57@7ds won't get us down.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
And fair play to the British public. for one hour after the attack, it was the top trend on Twitter, 1:05 after the attack, problems with the Tube were back top of the list with Londoners. We're a resilient lot and these B@57@7ds won't get us down.
selfish assholes.
Old Mar 27th 2017, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

ExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TheShed
Without trying to sound cynical, I think there have been so many terrorist attacks recently that we are slowly becoming desensitized to what is going on...
Old Mar 27th 2017, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExpatAl
Without trying to sound cynical, I think there have been so many terrorist attacks recently that we are slowly becoming desensitized to what is going on...
to be honest i don't even flinch anymore when i hear about these kind of attacks, unless the number of fatalities is more than a few hundred
Old Mar 27th 2017, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. That's why I didn't post earlier.

I don't want to be, you know, cynical, and I know it's horrendous what happened and the tragedies of the lost lives and their families.

But it's become such a regular event that we check the news each morning half expecting to hear of another terror attack.

I'm afraid that the reverse twist is that since only truly large attacks are now capable of terrorising people, the terrorists will double down and aim for bigger events.

Originally Posted by ExpatAl
Old Mar 27th 2017, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I'm afraid that the reverse twist is that since only truly large attacks are now capable of terrorising people, the terrorists will double down and aim for bigger events.
don't agree with that.

small scale ones are very effective - they are massively overplayed in the media, wind up the racists perfectly and create the dividing that is needed, all without being difficult to plan or easy to intercept. I reckon we will see loads of small scale non-technical ones than the big ones of years gone by.
Old Mar 27th 2017, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

ExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of light

The large scale attacks have a higher chance of being discovered and stopped. Stopping someone mounting the pavement with a vehicle and/or attacking people with weapons is pretty hard to predict/prevent.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
don't agree with that.

small scale ones are very effective - they are massively overplayed in the media, wind up the racists perfectly and create the dividing that is needed, all without being difficult to plan or easy to intercept. I reckon we will see loads of small scale non-technical ones than the big ones of years gone by.
4 people murdered within sight of parliament. hardly being massively overplayed in the media. also it winds up a large section of society not just racists. Also should point out that Islam is not a race.