British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Westlands Nairobi, terrorist shooting (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/westlands-nairobi-terrorist-shooting-809941/)

al dente Sep 21st 2013 2:48 pm

Westlands Nairobi, terrorist shooting

On my phone so don't know how to link but 20 dead so far. Shooters walked in and told the Muslims to leave and tried to kill the rest. In a family shopping centre. I know there are a few Kenyanphiles here. My dad has a place in Muthaiga.

mentalist Sep 22nd 2013 4:58 am

Re: Westlands Nairobi, terrorist shooting

We spent yesterday evening glued to the overseas news on TV and internet. The Westgate Mall is a place we know very well. Terrible news. I suspect there will be local retribution on the streets of Nairobi.
http://www.anglohili.com/blog/?p=6658

Blue Cat Sep 22nd 2013 6:21 am

I have a Kenyan friend who lives in Nairobi, thankfully he and his family weren't out shopping. What is wrong with these people?

Boomhauer Sep 22nd 2013 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10912069)
I have a Kenyan friend who lives in Nairobi, thankfully he and his family weren't out shopping. What is wrong with these people?

Religion of Peace...

Blue Cat Sep 22nd 2013 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 10912070)
Religion of Peace...

as we have discussed before not all muslims are terrorists and not all terrorists are muslims

Boomhauer Sep 22nd 2013 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10912073)
as we have discussed before not all muslims are terrorists and not all terrorists are muslims

I don't proscribe Muslims per see, it's the religion that I strongly dislike due to its ethnosupremacist and conquering mindset.

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 22nd 2013 7:00 am

Terrible news story to see.

Lots of stories of people being stuck, hidden in the mall, must be terrifying.

Fingers crossed no more people die and those responsible are punished.

Blue Cat Sep 22nd 2013 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 10912081)
I don't proscribe Muslims per see, it's the religion that I strongly dislike due to its ethnosupremacist and conquering mindset.

great word ;) but it's not all muslims that have that attitude.

Beaverstate Sep 22nd 2013 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10912093)
Terrible news story to see.

Lots of stories of people being stuck, hidden in the mall, must be terrifying.

Fingers crossed no more people die and those responsible are punished.

Agreed. Problem is that the punished become martyrs, at least potentially.

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 22nd 2013 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Beaverstate (Post 10912121)
Agreed. Problem is that the punished become martyrs, at least potentially.

Indeed. Unfortunately this is the world we live in.

al dente Sep 22nd 2013 8:00 am

Have there been any condemnation statements from Muslim leaders on the World stage? I don't mean by Kingston's local Iman who will be petrified that his mosque will be torched, but by muslim governments? I hope so.

Randy Bender Sep 22nd 2013 9:07 am

Wherever there are Muslims, there's trouble. They spend most of their time killing each other, so they're not going to have much respect for other religions. Sure there are good muslims but they have a herd mentality programmed to never criticise their own and those in the Arab world especially are brainwashed from birth. It's not even a religion, it's a death cult.

Whenever I travel the local kids are usually very cute and inquisitive about strangers;when I go back to the Middle East they chuck stones and shout "f#*# you".

mikewot Sep 22nd 2013 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Randy Bender (Post 10912216)
They spend most of their time killing each other,

Wow! Really? I must have missed this piece of factual reporting on the 1.6 billion or about 23.4% of the world population which are Muslim.

Meow Sep 22nd 2013 9:12 am

Originally Posted by al dente (Post 10912136)
Have there been any condemnation statements from Muslim leaders on the World stage? I don't mean by Kingston's local Iman who will be petrified that his mosque will be torched, but by muslim governments? I hope so.

It seems that there is never enough of that. Insufficient condemnation may well be seen by the perpetrators as endorsement, so the powerful Muslim nations (yes, KSA, I'm looking at you) ought to be vociferous in the damning and distancing from such awful acts.

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 22nd 2013 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Randy Bender (Post 10912216)
Wherever there are Muslims, there's trouble. They spend most of their time killing each other, so they're not going to have much respect for other religions. Sure there are good muslims but they have a herd mentality programmed to never criticise their own and those in the Arab world especially are brainwashed from birth. It's not even a religion, it's a death cult.

Whenever I travel the local kids are usually very cute and inquisitive about strangers;when I go back to the Middle East they chuck stones and shout "f#*# you".

Wow.

You're as ****ing stupid as these 'terrorists'.