Westlands Nairobi, terrorist shooting

Westlands Nairobi, terrorist shooting

Old Sep 25th 2013, 1:52 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Westlands Nairobi, terrorist shooting

Originally Posted by scot47
Britexpat's "home country" ?? Could it be Afghanistan ? I hope so !
The city he's from, well let's just say it's more violent than downtown Kabul.
Old Sep 25th 2013, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Barnsley ?
Old Sep 25th 2013, 5:36 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Get well soon, my thoughts are with you.
Thanks mate.
Old Sep 25th 2013, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
It's a bit more than a religion. It's cultural imperialism to one degree or another.

If I convert to Christianity I don't have to change my diet, name or learn another language to truly understand the message of Christ.

Judaism would require that but it's a tribal belief not a religion that claims universal messages for mankind. No need to convert to be 'righteous'.

Anyway Odin promised to rid the world of Frost Giants...and there are no Frost Giants today I can assume Odin's message is true. What's nice about Odin is that he would probably laugh if he read that...I'd probably get some grief in Valhalla though.

N.
Although it is true that Quran allows the Muslim man to marry from the people of the book, i.e. the Christians and the Jews, there are, however, a couple of conditions that must be met. First, the children shall be brought up as Muslims, and second, the woman should be, as the word used in the Quran ‘Muhsana’, i.e. a woman who did not indulge in forbidden relationships before. That implies that only religious Christian and Jewish women Muslim men are allowed to wed.

As for the reason why only Muslim men are allowed to marry non Muslim women, you got to understand how Islam views the role of a father in a family. In Islam a father is not only the bread winner of the family who should look after the physical well being of the children, but he is also the person who must teach the children about the faith of Islam so that they will be successful after they serve their term in this world. In the eyes of this religion the life after is far more important than life on earth. All the teachings and mystique of this religion is geared towards serving that particular end, the life after. That is why to this religion every human being must be taught this awareness from an early stage by the father. A non Muslim father has nothing to offer in this respect
Old Sep 26th 2013, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
Although it is true that Quran allows the Muslim man to marry from the people of the book, i.e. the Christians and the Jews, there are, however, a couple of conditions that must be met. First, the children shall be brought up as Muslims, and second, the woman should be, as the word used in the Quran ‘Muhsana’, i.e. a woman who did not indulge in forbidden relationships before. That implies that only religious Christian and Jewish women Muslim men are allowed to wed.

As for the reason why only Muslim men are allowed to marry non Muslim women, you got to understand how Islam views the role of a father in a family. In Islam a father is not only the bread winner of the family who should look after the physical well being of the children, but he is also the person who must teach the children about the faith of Islam so that they will be successful after they serve their term in this world. In the eyes of this religion the life after is far more important than life on earth. All the teachings and mystique of this religion is geared towards serving that particular end, the life after. That is why to this religion every human being must be taught this awareness from an early stage by the father. A non Muslim father has nothing to offer in this respect
cool story bro!
Old Sep 26th 2013, 5:19 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

A nice explanation of why many people will do extreme things. It's hard to understand for those who have never had any kind of serious religious faith in their life though. The result of this is even in moderation is to breed out other beliefs and creeds, to place less emphasis on safety, future planning and advancement. It's a very expansionist system with global domination aspirations, even if followed peacefully. It is a threat to the diversity of humanity in the same way Communism or Nazism is if taken to it's logical conclusion.

Interestingly Christians are not supposed to marry non-Christians according to their bible. A professing Christian woman would never marry a Muslim so I wonder how 'Christian' these women are in the first place. I imagine it's the same for Jews - aren't the children of Jewish women also Jews? How can they be Muslims and Jews?

Personally I think Abrahamic religions are tiresome and derivative. Any systems than mandate punishment for insulting it, even academically are evidently insecure and violent.

N.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

As for the reason why only Muslim men are allowed to marry non Muslim women, you got to understand how Islam views the role of a father in a family. In Islam a father is not only the bread winner of the family who should look after the physical well being of the children, but he is also the person who must teach the children about the faith of Islam so that they will be successful after they serve their term in this world.
Is that also the reason why it was considered ok for a child's relatives from his father's side to kidnap him from his mother?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...oning-him.html
Old Sep 26th 2013, 8:05 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Must explain why the Middle East is such a peaceful place.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 9:29 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by typical
Thanks mate.
Sorry for your loss and wishing you a speedy recovery.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 9:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Thanks mate.
Get well soon pal. Very sorry to see the tragic news.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks mate.
Lordy...one of our own!!!

thoughts with you, typical.
Old Sep 27th 2013, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I've just been reading a couple of articles on this attack and now wish I hadn't, It's absolutely heart breaking and I have absolutely zero understanding of what would drive people to do such abominable crimes. The poor people who were tortured and watched the others being tortured and killed around them, it truly is horrific. My deepest sympathies go out to the families.

How can anyone say this is in name of any religion? It really is so messed up, people in their everyday lives being slaughtered in the name of religion. What scares me more is how this can ever end?

Such sad times.
Old Sep 27th 2013, 9:22 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I've just been reading a couple of articles on this attack and now wish I hadn't, It's absolutely heart breaking and I have absolutely zero understanding of what would drive people to do such abominable crimes. The poor people who were tortured and watched the others being tortured and killed around them, it truly is horrific. My deepest sympathies go out to the families.

How can anyone say this is in name of any religion? It really is so messed up, people in their everyday lives being slaughtered in the name of religion. What scares me more is how this can ever end?

Such sad times.
Agreed.

I'm still waiting for the Muslim Leaders to condemn unequivocally this attack.

I wonder how long I'll have to wait.
Old Sep 27th 2013, 10:37 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1

Such sad times.
Yeah, turned my stomach too. To what end? How do people get so ****ed up? No mention of it on the BBC website, though--Daily Fail irresponsibly doing exactly that the terrorists wanted. Although I believe in freedom of the press, I'd watch with pleasure the institution that is the Fail being dismantled. If only it could go the way of the TNOTW.
Old Sep 27th 2013, 12:59 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Sorry for your loss and wishing you a speedy recovery.
Originally Posted by Scamp
Get well soon pal. Very sorry to see the tragic news.
Originally Posted by saudiflares
Lordy...one of our own!!!

thoughts with you, typical.
Typical, not been on here much this week as been mega busy, but my thoughts are with you, this is so terrible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.