Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Westlands Nairobi, terrorist shooting

Westlands Nairobi, terrorist shooting

Old Sep 22nd 2013, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Westlands Nairobi, terrorist shooting

FFS. The world has seen 37 people shot dead. Yet, some people are more focused on 'I told you so'. Get a f&@king grip.

Sympathies and thoughts go out to the families. My own family used to live in Westlands, thankfully they are all safe.
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Randy Bender

Whenever I travel the local kids are usually very cute and inquisitive about strangers;when I go back to the Middle East they chuck stones and shout "f#*# you".
Have you thought that maybe it's something personal?
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cypselos
Have you thought that maybe it's something personal?
To be fair to him; I have heard of such stuff as well, but only in the Magic Kingdom
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 11:33 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

And Islamists have killed 60 at a church in Pakistan.

Nice.
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 11:42 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix

Nice.
I think 9/11 says it all
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

ZIGGY2007 has a brilliant futureZIGGY2007 has a brilliant futureZIGGY2007 has a brilliant futureZIGGY2007 has a brilliant futureZIGGY2007 has a brilliant futureZIGGY2007 has a brilliant futureZIGGY2007 has a brilliant future

Fanatics, people Fanatics, they give up the right to religious! Muslim! Islamic or any other title that has meaning..

Thoughts to all involved, both there and comunity and family n friends...
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute

Islamist is a special kind of fanatic that occurs far too frequently for most others' comfort. Christian fundamentalists don't tend to get as much airtime nor do as much damage (any more) as some other types. I would hazard a guess that's because Christians fundamentalists' worlds have been somewhat reduced over the decades. Not many folk are interested in their proposition that people should hate other people because they don't sign up to their particular chapter of the Imaginary Friends club.

Lots of that is because some countries' leaders have stood up to the fundamentalists and told them to take their special brand of hate and shove it. I so wish the more sophisticated leaders of the Muslim world would do the same.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 3:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix

Nice.
And around 140 were killed by Islamic terrorists in Nigeria on Friday.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
And around 140 were killed by Islamic terrorists in Nigeria on Friday.
I'm beginning to become very depressed about the future of the world. We're supposed to be improving, not getting worse. Alll humans are pretty evil, they just need to be radicalised.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 6:20 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
great word but it's not all muslims that have that attitude.
But he didn't say all Muslims have that attitude, he specifically stated it was the religion he takes issue with.

If I mentioned I don't like Christianity because in the past they were sometimes violent and some modern Christians are not nice to gay people would you feel the need to inform me that most Christians are not crusaders or horrible to gay people?

We do seem to be extra-careful when mentioning Islam and/or Muslims don't we?

N.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Just found out the 3 of my Mrs' family were in the Mall. Apparently they and a few hundred others crammed into the managers office and sat stacked up on each other in silence for 8 hrs. Thankfully they all got out OK.

Nutters the lot of em, however, it'll keep happening until the boys at the top step in and denounce it. Can't see that happening anytime soon tho.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 7:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Just found out the 3 of my Mrs' family were in the Mall. Apparently they and a few hundred others crammed into the managers office and sat stacked up on each other in silence for 8 hrs. Thankfully they all got out OK.

Nutters the lot of em, however, it'll keep happening until the boys at the top step in and denounce it. Can't see that happening anytime soon tho.
Lucky escape pal, glad they're safe.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Lucky escape pal, glad they're safe.
Cheers.

This White Widow ******bag needs a right good kicking tho. I may just take a few months off to go hunt the silly bint down. Do you think they would let me set up a donations page on just giving?
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 8:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Cheers.

This White Widow ******bag needs a right good kicking tho. I may just take a few months off to go hunt the silly bint down. Do you think they would let me set up a donations page on just giving?
Apparently the British gov are saying they don't know if she is involved and don't want to speculate. I've got a search open with her name to read more.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Apparently the British gov are saying they don't know if she is involved and don't want to speculate. I've got a search open with her name to read more.
I wonder if that's so that they can nab her and keep her without anyone knowing.

****ing psycho and the two other brits too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.