West Ham

Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: West Ham

Originally Posted by Sandboy
West Ham won us the world cup don't you know ? Untouchable

cheats never prosper ( unless they have friends in high places )
nah. twas Bobby Charlton and Nobby Stiles who won us the world cup!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:19 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
couldn't give a monkeys either way to be honest, nowt at all against West Ham, a proper football club with proper supporters
I hope that isnt a criticism of Man Utd and the foreign legion of fans who live nowehere near Old Trafford....lol
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:27 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Some common sense at last...

http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/view/89607
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:46 pm
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Rather amusing letter to the West Ham CEO......

Letter to the CEO WHUFC

Dear Mr Duxbury,

I am writing on behalf of my Client's nephew's cousin's dad's ex father in law's niece's husband's brother's best mate's son Lucy who's best friend's dog once nearly had a piss in her friend's front garden.

She nearly went to see Evita once in the West End. By now you're probably grasping where I'm coming from. Yes, as you know, Evita is a song about a town in Argentina. Argentina, as you know, is a town in Brazil off America which coincidentally is the place where that cheeky little chap Carlos Tevez comes from and this of course is where you come in.

My client is claiming unfair dismissal from her job in Reading library which she assures me has a book with at least two references to Argentina. There is also a rather nice Argentinian restaurant in nearby Staines where my client has had a meal thus cementing her ties to the aforementioned Carlos Tevez but I'm sure you are already aware of this.

She also wishes to claim Actual Damages for a rather large dollop of chilli sauce purchased from some Turkish bloke in a dodgy Kebab shop in Shaftesbury Avenue which ended up on the front of her frock.

There is also the matter of her missing the performance of Evita because she missed the tube and because Evita actually finished in 1996 and nobody at WHU thought to tell her.

She is therefore lookng for reimbursement of the cost of her ticket, the kebab she was forced to buy when being refused admittance at the theatre and of course the cost of her underground ticket from Waterloo which as you know is in Belgium.

However, I'm sure we can find some spurious link to Argentina and Carlos Tevez if we dig deep enough. Oh and my mate wants to know if he can claim his vet's bills back following his Labrador Jason's unfortunate mating experience with a rescue hedgehog called Dawn

I think a couple of million quid ought to do it so I would be obliged if you could place us on your list of suees or is that sewers.

Kind Regards
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:52 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Rather amusing letter to the West Ham CEO......

Letter to the CEO WHUFC

Dear Mr Duxbury,

I am writing on behalf of my Client's nephew's cousin's dad's ex father in law's niece's husband's brother's best mate's son Lucy who's best friend's dog once nearly had a piss in her friend's front garden.

She nearly went to see Evita once in the West End. By now you're probably grasping where I'm coming from. Yes, as you know, Evita is a song about a town in Argentina. Argentina, as you know, is a town in Brazil off America which coincidentally is the place where that cheeky little chap Carlos Tevez comes from and this of course is where you come in.

My client is claiming unfair dismissal from her job in Reading library which she assures me has a book with at least two references to Argentina. There is also a rather nice Argentinian restaurant in nearby Staines where my client has had a meal thus cementing her ties to the aforementioned Carlos Tevez but I'm sure you are already aware of this.

She also wishes to claim Actual Damages for a rather large dollop of chilli sauce purchased from some Turkish bloke in a dodgy Kebab shop in Shaftesbury Avenue which ended up on the front of her frock.

There is also the matter of her missing the performance of Evita because she missed the tube and because Evita actually finished in 1996 and nobody at WHU thought to tell her.

She is therefore lookng for reimbursement of the cost of her ticket, the kebab she was forced to buy when being refused admittance at the theatre and of course the cost of her underground ticket from Waterloo which as you know is in Belgium.

However, I'm sure we can find some spurious link to Argentina and Carlos Tevez if we dig deep enough. Oh and my mate wants to know if he can claim his vet's bills back following his Labrador Jason's unfortunate mating experience with a rescue hedgehog called Dawn

I think a couple of million quid ought to do it so I would be obliged if you could place us on your list of suees or is that sewers.

Kind Regards
please stop this thread,

won't someone think of the children?
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:54 pm
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Spugsy
please stop this thread,

won't someone think of the children?
I didnt start it.....pick on LH !
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Luton won last night...........
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

boroboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I fell over and bust open my lip when i was at Kevin Macabe, the sheffield united chairmans house once. It was before these litigous days of ours. Do you think i can retrospectively sue as it was due to a step that was not paved correctly and in a very dangerous condition. I still have the scar must be worth at least 10 million including interest.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:13 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Shadya
Lionheart tells me that West Ham have just agreed a GBP10 million compensation deal with Sheffield Utd over the Carlo Terez affair. The good news for Bangleman is that it is to be paid over a five year period to save the club from possible insolvency. Hope it will take his mind off other matters of a domestic nature.
I see Fulham are now suing us cos they finished below us so missed out on 700k in prize money that season....

Well, that'll be a few more quid to go into Al-Fayed's quest for the truth.

Maybe Tevez ran the car off the road in that tunnel ???????

Wont be long before Pub Owners around the SUFC ground will be suing for a drop in beer sales due to Relegation...as will scarf and souvenir sellers...

I now have a genuine fear that football as we know it is beginning to eat itself, and it may never fully recover from this bout of histrionics and finger pointing.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I see Fulham are now suing us cos they finished below us so missed out on 700k in prize money that season....

Well, that'll be a few more quid to go into Al-Fayed's quest for the truth.

Maybe Tevez ran the car off the road in that tunnel ???????

Wont be long before Pub Owners around the SUFC ground will be suing for a drop in beer sales due to Relegation...as will scarf and souvenir sellers...

I now have a genuine fear that football as we know it is beginning to eat itself, and it may never fully recover from this bout of histrionics and finger pointing.
The money is irrelevant, and peanuts.

You kept your Prem Lge status, and the money will easily be regathered in no time.

Now then - what's your view about having points deducted, in such a way that you are almost certain to get relegated, but that's preferable to League officials because you know that an enforced relegation would be successfully challenged in court.

I don't think anything that 'distorts' the league table is right.

What do you think?
Old Mar 20th 2009, 9:40 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by The Dean
The money is irrelevant, and peanuts.

You kept your Prem Lge status, and the money will easily be regathered in no time.

Now then - what's your view about having points deducted, in such a way that you are almost certain to get relegated, but that's preferable to League officials because you know that an enforced relegation would be successfully challenged in court.

I don't think anything that 'distorts' the league table is right.

What do you think?
To be honest, I wish we had have had points deducted, then at least we would have known what were up againts that season, even if it meant relegation. We had been relegated before and bounced back and Im sure it would have been the same again....at least that way, it would have avoided all this nonsense suing and counter-suing

I think the FA / Premier Lge thought about it at the time, but because we were so far adrift at the bottom that it would have been seen as a fruitless deduction, whereas a financial penalty would hurt more given the then circumstances

What they didnt expect, was for us to overturn a 10 point deficit with a dozen games left, some of which were away visits to Arsenal and Man Utd, both of which we won.

None of the teams at the time complained, but soon shouted when we survived and the likes of Sheff Utd were relegated.

I am suprised that we dont counter sue the Premier Lge for not deducting points and the loss of £30m in settlements and legal fees ....afterall we were in their hands and they decided on the punishment and as a result we are out of pocket

We took our punsihment and paid up the figure that was determined....for us to then be on the end of a lawsuit by Sheff Utd in my opinion is wrong....if anyone Sheff Utd should have been suing the Prmeier Lge and not us !