Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Were you ever hit by a teacher at school?

Were you ever hit by a teacher at school?

Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:18 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Were you ever hit by a teacher at school?

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Had the cane after 3 days at my secondary school for messing around in the school corridor, and then intermittently thereafter through my school years.

Once, unbelievably for hiding in the classroom cupboard for most of the lesson until my mates could contain their laughter no longer and pointed at the cupboard

Happy days though.....
no, but i had a friend who sued his catholic school for not touching him up; they made him feel ugly and unloved!
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:31 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Were you ever hit by a teacher at school?

Usually they just threw the wooden thing they used to wipe blackboards at us, fine if you saw it coming but when staring out the window...

Catholic school as well, unusually cruel and evil tossers.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:47 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MataHari
never...but then my dad made up for that...
Sorry to hear that...but I bet you were a naughty little girl and deserved an occasional spanking...I guess nothing changes.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Had the cane after 3 days at my secondary school for messing around in the school corridor, and then intermittently thereafter through my school years.

Once, unbelievably for hiding in the classroom cupboard for most of the lesson until my mates could contain their laughter no longer and pointed at the cupboard

Happy days though.....
They had made that illegal by tht time i went to school...
Old Jan 11th 2009, 12:46 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
They had made that illegal by tht time i went to school...
...maybe, but at least they taught me to spell !!
Old Jan 11th 2009, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, used to get slippered at boarding school.

We used to always make sure that whenever new kids turned up they didn't have the hard plastic soled slippers. If they did they would be forced to purchase a pair of moccasins.

Unfortunately the house staff wised up to this and started providing their own heavy duty slippers. Other lovely punishments included being made to balance a pillow on the end of your arms if you were caught talking at night, first one to drop got slippered.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 12:58 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benzonar
Yep, used to get slippered at boarding school.

We used to always make sure that whenever new kids turned up they didn't have the hard plastic soled slippers. If they did they would be forced to purchase a pair of moccasins.

Unfortunately the house staff wised up to this and started providing their own heavy duty slippers. Other lovely punishments included being made to balance a pillow on the end of your arms if you were caught talking at night, first one to drop got slippered.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

...maybe, but at least they taught me to spell !!
down with the three r's, that was the new silabus
Old Jan 11th 2009, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I was never hit at school, despite being a lippy sarcastic back-chatter.......

Unrelated incidental fact: I was 6ft 3ins tall by my 13th birthday...........
Old Jan 11th 2009, 2:03 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
down with the three r's, that was the new silabus
I see the syllabus is also proving a problem....
Old Jan 11th 2009, 2:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

I see the syllabus is also proving a problem....
One of my friends rolled 3 times around himself, clockwise, after slapped by our maths teacher...
After 2 weeks...I got the same treatment...I only rolled twice...
Old Jan 11th 2009, 3:29 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

In Scotland, we used to get the strap or tawse.

Got two from the headmaster for not bowing my head during prayers at morning assembly. Told my dad who was furious...he went to see the head master and explained that I was an atheist (well the whole of our family is anyway). From that day on I could hold my head up high being of independent mind at the age of 12...loved to watch the headmaster staring (or glaring) at me during prayers at assembly..

... I used to detest the Santa Clause brigade and their indoctrination of school children in such mumbo jumbo.

The four Rs became the 3 Rs when religion was dropped at many schools.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 3:40 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

On almost a daily basis from about aged 9 til 11 for using my left hand.
Used to get whacked on the elbow with a wooden ruler...............
Old Jan 11th 2009, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
I used to get whacked for using my left hand too..............

.......... usually when my dad burst into my bedroom to see what I was up to......
Old Jan 11th 2009, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
i thought they only did that years and years ago, like in my dad's era...he was left handed but forced to write with his right hand, but there was no issue for me as a left hander...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.