We're moving...

Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:07 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We're moving...

Originally Posted by The Dean
5 bedrooms - fair enough, but 5 bathrooms???

What next??? 5 maids?????
well, 4 bathrooms is ok as well...I am not too fussy about that, lol...
and yes, we are spoiled, before anyone says anything, with everybody having their own ensuite, and it's lovely, as most weekends the boys have friends staying over...I don't really want to be confronted with all that in my bathroom if you don't mind.

nah...I don't have a maid now so 5 would be weird...
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
well, 4 bathrooms is ok as well...I am not too fussy about that, lol...
and yes, we are spoiled, before anyone says anything, with everybody having their own ensuite, and it's lovely, as most weekends the boys have friends staying over...I don't really want to be confronted with all that in my bathroom if you don't mind.

nah...I don't have a maid now so 5 would be weird...
I had 5 maids once.......

......... at least, they said they were maids.........

Last edited by The Dean; Dec 11th 2009 at 8:15 am. Reason: ,
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:15 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I had 5 maids once.......,

......... at least, they said they were maids.........
at least you didn't have to feel dirty...afterwards
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

As a separate point - what is the legal position? Must you move out just because the landlord wants you to? Is your contract ending? It's obviously a house you love and wouldn't have moved if this situation had not arisen.

The thing about his brother needing the house may be true but a shortage of cash may be the reason, in the current climate.

Why not push him a bit? Refuse to move - or else demand he pays your moving expenses, or whatever.

No more Mrs Nice Girl...............
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

As a separate point - what is the legal position? Must you move out just because the landlord wants you to? Is your contract ending? It's obviously a house you love and wouldn't have moved if this situation had not arisen.

The thing about his brother needing the house may be true but a shortage of cash may be the reason, in the current climate.

Why not push him a bit? Refuse to move - or else demand he pays your moving expenses, or whatever.

No more Mrs Nice Girl...............
refuse and threaten to go to the Rent Committee
Old Dec 12th 2009, 1:38 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

what about that area opposite Mirdiff?
Old Dec 12th 2009, 1:51 pm
Banned

GrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud of

yeah, but my son now just goes on his own, if we move out of the area, I'd have to have to be the one taking him to the desert with the trailer, he never has to rely on us being home to take him anywhere. I realise that if you don't have teenagers, moving is much easier. My boys now can come and go as they please, they can walk or cycle over to their friends houses, walk to Uptown etc...moving will have a big impact on their lives and if I can avoid that I will...
"moving will have a big impact on their lives and if I can avoid that I will..."

And when, do you think, will they start learning how to deal with life, or how to cope with changes? Or will they grow up incapable to leave a corner because of sheer lack of confidence? Incapable of facing changes? Of dealing with "big impacts"? Not to mention that at their age they are still capable of easily adapt to a new environment, make new friends, etc. And it's not that the old ones are disappearing, they have to put more effort to keep the bond alive, which is quite effective in telling who's important and who's just a filler.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 1:56 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrecoRomano
"moving will have a big impact on their lives and if I can avoid that I will..."

And when, do you think, will they start learning how to deal with life, or how to cope with changes? Or will they grow up incapable to leave a corner because of sheer lack of confidence? Incapable of facing changes? Of dealing with "big impacts"? Not to mention that at their age they are still capable of easily adapt to a new environment, make new friends, etc. And it's not that the old ones are disappearing, they have to put more effort to keep the bond alive, which is quite effective in telling who's important and who's just a filler.
That was the PC statement ....

she really meant ..but its not said ...

Moving will be a damn nuisance ..shuttling those damn kids about will interfere with my social calendar
Old Dec 12th 2009, 2:19 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

at least you didn't have to feel dirty...afterwards
Mizhar? just down the road and loads of big, massive places there pet.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 2:55 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Ray
That was the PC statement ....

she really meant ..but its not said ...

Moving will be a damn nuisance ..shuttling those damn kids about will interfere with my social calendar
lol...you have sussed me...but I am sure GR is just winding me up...
Old Dec 12th 2009, 2:58 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Mizhar? just down the road and loads of big, massive places there pet.
I know...but it's kind of a last resort, just like Al Warqaa...moving to those areas will mean the boys no longer can walk to Uptown etc, which means they will need to be driven either by us or take taxis...and that's a pain in the ass for everybody...
Old Dec 12th 2009, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

I know...but it's kind of a last resort, just like Al Warqaa...moving to those areas will mean the boys no longer can walk to Uptown etc, which means they will need to be driven either by us or take taxis...and that's a pain in the ass for everybody...
Your moving midriff is strangely enticing....
Old Dec 12th 2009, 3:29 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Your moving midriff is strangely enticing....
ah...you noticed
Old Dec 12th 2009, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

ah...you noticed
I've been keeping a voyeuristic eye on you, my lady.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 3:43 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you don't have a maid who cleans all your bathrooms?

I wouldn't have a big villa without someone to clean it, especially as it gets so dusty in Dubai.

I completely grasped why you want to stay in Mirdiff, but like a lot of people in Dubai you are going to have to make a painful choice when it comes to real estate.

Option 1: Compound villa in Mirdiff.

Option 2: Big villa not in Mirdiff.

You have a nice budget and that gives you a lot of choices should you move from Mirdiff. A roomy Saheel at Arabian Ranches? Right by the desert. Can't imagine it would take long to get to Mirdiff for the school run. A villa near the beaches in Jumeirah? A place in the Meadows? Plenty of kids in the Meadows. There are pros and cons to everywhere and if you must stick with a big villa and it means leaving Mirdiff, start having fun exploring the possibilities of other areas.

Last edited by Ethos83; Dec 12th 2009 at 3:46 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.