Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Well I never knew that.........

Well I never knew that.........

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Well I never knew that.........

I have been driving for over 30 years...

Have you ever rented or borrowed a car and when arriving at the petrol station wondered...mmm, which side is the petrol filler cap? Me too.....

My guess is most people’s normal solution is to stick their head out the window, or try to see in the side mirrors or even get out of the car. Well, here’s a thing........

If you look at your petrol gauge, you will see a small icon of a petrol pump. The handle of the petrol pump will extend out on either the left or right side of the petrol pump........ OK?

If your filler cap is on the left, the handle will be on the left..... but if your filler cap is on the right, the handle will be on the right, as per the photo....…

No - I hadn't realised that. Please tell me I'm not the only slow kid in the school.....
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Petrol Cap.bmp (502.5 KB, 100 views)
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:01 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well I never knew that.........

well I never!
I will have to check this out on my car
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:07 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
I have been driving for over 30 years...

Have you ever rented or borrowed a car and when arriving at the petrol station wondered...mmm, which side is the petrol filler cap? Me too.....

My guess is most people’s normal solution is to stick their head out the window, or try to see in the side mirrors or even get out of the car. Well, here’s a thing........

If you look at your petrol gauge, you will see a small icon of a petrol pump. The handle of the petrol pump will extend out on either the left or right side of the petrol pump........ OK?

If your filler cap is on the left, the handle will be on the left..... but if your filler cap is on the right, the handle will be on the right, as per the photo....…

No - I hadn't realised that. Please tell me I'm not the only slow kid in the school.....
You seriously need a hobby or summit
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:08 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/icon.asp
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
You seriously need a hobby or summit
Well now I'll have more time for one.........
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:12 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Well now I'll have more time for one.........
???
Do you mean the time you'll save walking round your car to find petrol cap?

Last edited by Eva; Jun 23rd 2008 at 6:15 pm. Reason: sp
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by elfman
So why doesn't he give examples of cars that 'disprove' the rule?

A quick straw poll (among three neighbours) has proved 100 pct correct. Actually one of my mates reckons it's the way the GAUGE ITSELF is facing, not the pump icon (this is also borne out by the photo).

Hmmm.......
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
???
Do you mean the time you'll save walking round your car to find petrol cap?
Yes..... I'm In Riyadh..........

My current hobby is counting the seconds it takes for a traffic light to go from green to red........ checking which side of a car the petrol cap is will be oceans of fun by comparison........
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:18 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

My current hobby is counting the seconds it takes for a traffic light to go from green to red........ checking which side of a car the petrol cap is will be oceans of fun by comparison........
Someone needs to get a life....
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
Someone needs to get a life....
Well you've been in Riyadh recently IIRC......... what did YOU get up to?

Actually - on that topic - watch out tomorrow for a Riyadh thread announcement......
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:25 pm

Actually - on that topic - watch out tomorrow for a Riyadh thread announcement......
YDRC...
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:25 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I hope you don't cheat by flashing your lights at the signals making em change faster....
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:35 pm

I can see it now...

'The Dean Got A Life'.....
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
I hope you don't cheat by flashing your lights at the signals making em change faster....
You think THAT level of technology has reached the Magic Kingdom?

It's mostly still someone with a big round sign that says "STOP" on one side and "GO" on the other...........

......... a bit like ScotsExpat's sister probably..........
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:39 pm

You think THAT level of technology has reached the Magic Kingdom?

It's mostly still someone with a big round sign that says "STOP" on one side and "GO" on the other...........

......... a bit like ScotsExpat's sister probably..........
Im disappointed. Is that the best you can do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.