British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Well - good for America (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/well-good-america-571236/)

Spugsy Nov 5th 2008 4:30 am

Well - good for America

Obama wins, it almost makes me optimistic,

bloody brilliant news, although I see almost all of the states McCain won were int he south, mississippi etc etc, they just couldn't bring themselves to votre for a black man down there.

Blue Cat Nov 5th 2008 9:10 am

Re: Well - good for America

I think I would be worried if I were Obama, assassination?

Simao Nov 5th 2008 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6942297)
I think I would be worried if I were Obama, assassination?

The already tried to assassinate him. Some skinheads from Tennesse with Nazi tattoos were planning to rob a gun store and go to a church or a school I don't remember to go on a killing spree before going for him. They were caught.
He has to have extra security though. Kennedy was white but he still got killed.

Blue Cat Nov 5th 2008 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Simao (Post 6942311)
The already tried to assassinate him. Some skinheads from Tennesse with Nazi tattoos were planning to rob a gun store and go to a church or a school I don't remember to go on a killing spree before going for him. They were caught.
He has to have extra security though. Kennedy was white but he still got killed.

true, but there are some real nasty racists shits out there :(

Spugsy Nov 5th 2008 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6942352)
[/COLOR]

true, but there are some real nasty racists shits out there :(

yup, KKK are still in full effect down south and loads of inbred shitheads around who would like him dead.

Blue Cat Nov 5th 2008 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6942370)
yup, KKK are still in full effect down south and loads of inbred shitheads around who would like him dead.

It is pretty worrying :huh:

Nic1 Nov 5th 2008 9:59 am

Hope he lasts his term - his wife must be worried sh*tless. But what a fab result - makes you think there is hope after all.

Think this is more exciting than the first woman prime minister ?

N

Blue Cat Nov 5th 2008 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Nic1 (Post 6942405)
Hope he lasts his term - his wife must be worried sh*tless. But what a fab result - makes you think there is hope after all.

N

it certainly is a historical moment it has to be said :):)

Spugsy Nov 5th 2008 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Nic1 (Post 6942405)

N

well I hope it works out better for the americans than that whore was with us.

Charismatic Nov 5th 2008 10:13 am

I think he'll be just fine, he has a very good personal security service and now he'll no longer have to shake hands with the hoi polloi in crowds.

lionheart Nov 5th 2008 10:17 am

My wife tells me there are having a National Holiday in Kenya to celebrate the occasion. What I was really glad to see was the relatively high proportion of tradionally white Republicans voting for Obama without the usual racist card blinding their vision.

Spugsy Nov 5th 2008 10:23 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6942451)
My wife tells me there are having a National Holiday in Kenya to celebrate the occasion. What I was really glad to see was the relatively high proportion of tradionally white Republicans voting for Obama without the usual racist card blinding their vision.

aye he has Kenyan roots eh?

Yeah they were all celebrating wildy, it was brilliant.

Check out his acceptance speech.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/vide...05/speech-full

Simao Nov 5th 2008 10:47 am

I am gonna miss Palin though and all the videos that Tina Fey could have done if she did become the VP. Did anyone see hear her conversation with "Sarkozy" lol? It was hilarious and she was pure dumb. That is a prank Hillary wouldn't have fallen for.

heartofdarkness Nov 6th 2008 6:18 am

Pretty amazing country the U.S. Eight years after the terrorist attacks they elect a man named Barack Hussein Obama. Don't think that would happen anywhere else in the world..

The Dean Nov 6th 2008 6:29 am

Originally Posted by heartofdarkness (Post 6945437)
Pretty amazing country the U.S. Eight years after the terrorist attacks they elect a man named Barack Hussein Obama. Don't think that would happen anywhere else in the world..

It might happen in Riyadh...........