Well done Farage

Old May 5th 2013, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well done Farage

Originally Posted by The Dean
UKIP won 147 seats on councils this week.
So they did, apologies, sure I read 55 somewhere

Anyway, these elections were only held in the shires, the natural home of your 50 something Volvo driving fail mail reading angry couple called Derek and Jean! No real people got to vote

And as Ross Noble pointed out, if Nigel is so anti europe why does he insist on pronouncing his name as if He's French
Old May 5th 2013, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The ghost of Sir Oswald is about !
Old May 5th 2013, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
So they did, apologies, sure I read 55 somewhere

Anyway, these elections were only held in the shires, the natural home of your 50 something Volvo driving fail mail reading angry couple called Derek and Jean! No real people got to vote

And as Ross Noble pointed out, if Nigel is so anti europe why does he insist on pronouncing his name as if He's French
He's not anti-Europe - he's anti-EU.

Pronouncing his name? He's probably Huguenot/Norman or whatever it's called. His wife is German.

I'm not talking to Eeyore - he just insulted my Mother - if you see him, warn him, will you?

Last edited by The Dean; May 5th 2013 at 6:58 pm. Reason: .
Old May 6th 2013, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

He's not anti-Europe - he's anti-EU.

Pronouncing his name? He's probably Huguenot/Norman or whatever it's called. His wife is German.

I'm not talking to Eeyore - he just insulted my Mother - if you see him, warn him, will you?
Will do

Forming a political party seems an extreme way to get shot of your wife, there must be easier ways
Old May 6th 2013, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

boroboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Politics is actually pure comedy. I love the they got over 10% line. Over 10% in an election where most turnouts were 30% means that in their heartland the UKIP gained just over 3% of the electorate. Hardly a revolution. I don't mind the UKIP as they seem a lot nicer than that nasty Nick Griffin and his oafs. All that will happen is that the tories will lurch to the right....... again, making them unelectable. I can actually see the UKIP being the third party, just beacuse I can't imagine why anyone would vote for the Lib Dems again. Camoron only has himself to blame for lying about a referendum on Europe. Unless we get a proportional system parties like the Greens and the UKIP will never come anywhere.
Old May 6th 2013, 7:55 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by boroboy
Politics is actually pure comedy. I love the they got over 10% line. Over 10% in an election where most turnouts were 30% means that in their heartland the UKIP gained just over 3% of the electorate. Hardly a revolution. I don't mind the UKIP as they seem a lot nicer than that nasty Nick Griffin and his oafs. All that will happen is that the tories will lurch to the right....... again, making them unelectable. I can actually see the UKIP being the third party, just beacuse I can't imagine why anyone would vote for the Lib Dems again. Camoron only has himself to blame for lying about a referendum on Europe. Unless we get a proportional system parties like the Greens and the UKIP will never come anywhere.
Can't agree, I think a Tory lurch to the right will make them MORE electable and differentiate them to the wet, limp wristed lib/lab lot.
Old May 6th 2013, 8:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Old May 6th 2013, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

EU/Euro: Chaos, destroying jobs, if not whole economies, in southern Europe.

Party Policy:
Complete Cons: STAY IN
Labour Pains: STAY IN
Dim Libs: STAY IN (and vote 'yes' to everything)
UKIP: WITHDRAW

Apparently, this makes UKIP 'right-wingers'......... in which case, YES - a Tory lurch to the right will make them more electable.

And UKIP less so.

QED.
Old May 6th 2013, 1:21 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not talking to Eeyore - he just insulted my Mother
As a way of avoiding responding to points you don't have glib answers for, that's about as blatantly transparent as you can get.

if you see him, warn him, will you?
Are you serious? I've long felt that there's something of the school bully about you, and that confirms it. Does that say something about the mentality of the average UKIP activist?
Old May 6th 2013, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ople-get-wrong

The Guardian???
Old May 8th 2013, 10:47 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eeyore
What concerns me is how much of UKIP's support is coming from the racists who think that UKIP has a better chance of doing something about "all the foreigners" than the BNP does. How many people who voted for UKIP last week have the first idea about what their policies are on *anything* other than immigration? How many even *care*?

It's troubling that every week on Facebook I'll end up having to read one of those tiresome and *always* completely untrue "asylum seekers get every benefit going as soon as they arrive in the UK while British pensioners starve and freeze - like and share this if you think it's wrong" things being liked/shared by someone I know, and inevitably there are many more "likes" underneath it, because stupid people (and there are *many* stupid people out there) believe everything they read on Facebook that supports their own prejudices. I'm sure that quite a few of them would have voted for UKIP, and I'm also sure that UKIP leverages that sort of thing rather than being honourable and pointing out the factual inaccuracies.
If the people of a country don't want any more foreigners to come there, either for cultural, racial or economic reasons and they vote for that in a clean and peaceful democratic way we should be hailing a victory for democracy rather than bemoaning we may have racists in our midst. UKIP may indeed leverage the views of the stupid but so do every other party. At least UKIP seems to actually represent the views of many people even when they are not politically correct.

Democracy is supposed to be about people power. It's clear a lot of Britons (and not just native white Britons) feel too many foreigners are in the country. This might be a distasteful view to some but if it's expressed peacefully and seriously I think it should be respected just as any other view...Democracy doesn't stop because a view is not in line with the narrative of mostly condescending and patronising 'clever' people who are out of touch with the reality of the common man and woman.

UKIP appear to be a party based on conviction and ideology rather than getting on the gravy train and keeping their jobs regardless of what their voters want. I think this is very refreshing and hope they continue to refine their manifesto and policies so they can seriously challenge the big three. Britain needs better leadership. It needs to get back the enterprising spirit that made us great.

N.
Old May 8th 2013, 10:53 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
This is not a trick question, but how much of the UKIP support does come from racists?

I've given up following UK politics, to me all of the politicians and parties are the same. Overpaid, stand up in the HoC and argue like children, swap power then screw things up again.
You'll find most are xenophobes not racists...and in either case they have just as much right to vote and you or I. Do you think the native americans would have voted in favour of more immigration to their lands if given a voice? Britain is changing demographically in ways that have not been seen in the entire history of the Isles. You cannot expect people to just sit back and watch their towns and cities become unrecognisable without their consent. It's either going to be discussed, debated and peacefully agreed upon or it will explode into unrest, riots and extreme nationalism...I think it's better to talk about it myself.

N.
Old May 8th 2013, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by mikewot
Depends on your definition of 'racist' because Bulgaria and Romania are not races, they're countries.
Racism is a word used for just about anything these days. Usually by people who have never suffered racism.

Xenophobia would be a better word to use when talking about other Europeans.

I don't know why some people feel Britain needs continuous hoards of migrants to keep coming, and if you express views against that because you want to preserve Britain's culture and identity you're a racist.

The native Americans must have been dreadful racists - look how enriched (and wiped out) many of them were by immigration.

N.
Old May 8th 2013, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Eeyore
Because there are a great many deeply stupid people in the UK who genuinely believe that immigrants and asylum seekers get handed all sorts of benefits the moment they arrive (including a business that is tax-free for seven years, apparently) because they read it on Facebook. They're UKIP's natural constituency.
There are stupid people everywhere of all political leanings.

Do you think it has anything to do with the idea that there are ghettos in many major towns and cities which are unrecognisable as British? That the native ethic group is now the minority in it's own capital city? What would happen if we sent 5 million white working class people to live in Beijing in the next 20 years, and kept telling them to celebrate their differences rather than integrate with the local majority? Or to Karachi? Or Tokyo perhaps. Benefits or not the locals would complain and feel worried for their nation.

The social impact of recent migration is far more devastating than the economic. Some people care about that a lot more than benefits and tax.

N.
Old May 9th 2013, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Azarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
There are stupid people everywhere of all political leanings.

Do you think it has anything to do with the idea that there are ghettos in many major towns and cities which are unrecognisable as British? That the native ethic group is now the minority in it's own capital city? What would happen if we sent 5 million white working class people to live in Beijing in the next 20 years, and kept telling them to celebrate their differences rather than integrate with the local majority? Or to Karachi? Or Tokyo perhaps. Benefits or not the locals would complain and feel worried for their nation.

The social impact of recent migration is far more devastating than the economic. Some people care about that a lot more than benefits and tax.

N.
Oh come on, millions of Brits have emigrated to various parts of the world over the years. Maybe not to the places you've specifically mentioned, but how many Brits moved to Australia? Well into the millions. How many to the USA or Canada? How many moved to various places during the time of the empire for economic gain? What about the British 'ghettos' in France and Spain where they make up sizeable proportions of a town's population (and in some cases the majority)? We may call it 'colonialism' or 'finding a place in the sun' when we do it, and call ourselves 'expats' rather than 'immigrants', but it's the same thing when it boils down to it - people moving abroad for what they see as a better life (be that financially, emotionally, spiritually, or whatever).

We humans just like to move around our globe and settle in places that we think will afford us better opportunities to pursue the things that are important to us. We have done since the dawn of civilization, and I'm pretty sure we'll continue to do so until our extinction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.