Weekend advice

Old May 5th 2009, 11:35 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weekend advice

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I hear the yalumba is ace, although mrs spugs heard it was balls,

I found a mojito one that she likes the sound of, 30 different mojitos and loads of food, sounds alreet.
ive been to yalumba about 20 times, used to be good, now its 430AED and the food was not that great.

i guess we dont like it now as we have our kids and it is full of pissheads!!

so if its you and some lads, its prob a good shout
Old May 5th 2009, 11:40 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
agree with you seriously it depends on the company. If its a group of lads who want a pissup type then its waxy's or double deckers.

if its couples then its al qasr/fairmont etc

depends on the company!!
2 mates, one 3- year old single lass, 1 30 year old single lad, both like a good old drink but also nice food and a view would be good as they are both new to dubai, so beach or something int he background, burj or summat would be good.
Old May 5th 2009, 11:42 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
ive been to yalumba about 20 times, used to be good, now its 430AED and the food was not that great.

i guess we dont like it now as we have our kids and it is full of pissheads!!

so if its you and some lads, its prob a good shout
kids??

oh crikey.
Old May 5th 2009, 11:59 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

2 mates, one 3- year old single lass, 1 30 year old single lad, both like a good old drink but also nice food and a view would be good as they are both new to dubai, so beach or something int he background, burj or summat would be good.
I would bloody well hope a 3-year-old is single...
Old May 5th 2009, 12:06 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldxb
Brunch then it has to be Al Qasr.... trust me on this 1 !!!!!
Quad Biking is amazing I did it a few weeks back, ive got the guys number if you want he is an Englisg guy
We used to go to Al Qasr when friends visited, but recently went to Mina Salam and preferred it there.

I still like Yalumba once in a while, we were there in March, it was packed and good atmosphere.
Old May 5th 2009, 12:24 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Usually best to take a pack, just in case.

Why is it that, when 90 people get swine fever, everyone wants to wear a mask.

yet when 1 million people have AIDS, no-one wants to wear a condom?
Old May 5th 2009, 1:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

spugsy, brunch really depends on what you're looking for...

if it's office party style/not bothered about the food, then yalumba is the place, there's dancing on the tables and it then moves on to happy hour...the fairmont is very stuffy, and its only usp is moet, but they stop serving really early, 3pm, and i believe it's 500 or even 550 dhs...

we were always biggest fans of mina al salaam, but it had gone off the last time we were there...tried al qasr two weeks ago instead and it's been revamped and was genuinely amazing...every sort of food you could think of in cooking stations dotted across the three restaurants and outside...plus mojito/margherita/bloody mary/brandy/beer stations...with prosecco and wine beer served at the tables, it's 495 though so not cheap...

the girls at work like the dubai yacht club, which is meant to have amazing seafood plus a roast, booze included, and then it moves into 2-4-1 drinks in happy hour...haven't been myself mind you...

alternatively, waxys/dubliners/double deckers/nelsons all apparently do good lads type brunches, nelsons is meant to be good, don't know whether anyone on here has been...

MM, xx
Old May 5th 2009, 1:51 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
spugsy, brunch really depends on what you're looking for...

if it's office party style/not bothered about the food, then yalumba is the place, there's dancing on the tables and it then moves on to happy hour...the fairmont is very stuffy, and its only usp is moet, but they stop serving really early, 3pm, and i believe it's 500 or even 550 dhs...

we were always biggest fans of mina al salaam, but it had gone off the last time we were there...tried al qasr two weeks ago instead and it's been revamped and was genuinely amazing...every sort of food you could think of in cooking stations dotted across the three restaurants and outside...plus mojito/margherita/bloody mary/brandy/beer stations...with prosecco and wine beer served at the tables, it's 495 though so not cheap...

the girls at work like the dubai yacht club, which is meant to have amazing seafood plus a roast, booze included, and then it moves into 2-4-1 drinks in happy hour...haven't been myself mind you...

alternatively, waxys/dubliners/double deckers/nelsons all apparently do good lads type brunches, nelsons is meant to be good, don't know whether anyone on here has been...

MM, xx
Ah thought I could rely on you!

Mrs Spugsy likes a bit of luxury, especially food and drinkwise, her mate would love that, me and Big Lee will be happy with a roast and loads of booze (sound like a premiership footballer, heh),

thing is not sure I can ask them to spend £100 on 4 hours boozing, no matter how good the drink is.
Old May 5th 2009, 1:59 pm
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

Mrs Spugsy likes a bit of luxury, especially food and drinkwise, her mate would love that, me and Big Lee will be happy with a roast and loads of booze (sound like a premiership footballer, heh),

thing is not sure I can ask them to spend £100 on 4 hours boozing, no matter how good the drink is.

Whilst it doesn't have the view, Certo at Radisson SAS in media city is a great brunch (if you like italian), its really laid back and they serve you everthing off the menu. I think its 210 for the bubbly one, 195 for wine & beer etc, and the Icon Bar opposite has happy hour(s) from 4pm to 7pm with the sports bar upstairs. Its relatively close to the madinat so you could go there afterwards for more bars/views, and is also close to Barasti

Whichever one you choose for your first brunch - enjoy...
Old May 5th 2009, 2:08 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by moto111
Whilst it doesn't have the view, Certo at Radisson SAS in media city is a great brunch (if you like italian), its really laid back and they serve you everthing off the menu. I think its 210 for the bubbly one, 195 for wine & beer etc, and the Icon Bar opposite has happy hour(s) from 4pm to 7pm with the sports bar upstairs. Its relatively close to the madinat so you could go there afterwards for more bars/views, and is also close to Barasti

Whichever one you choose for your first brunch - enjoy...
HEELLLOOOOO MOTO!
Old May 5th 2009, 2:11 pm
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

HEELLLOOOOO MOTO!
Like I haven't heard that one before
Old May 5th 2009, 2:19 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by moto111
Like I haven't heard that one before
Oinkment?
Old May 5th 2009, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

how long were you out there for?
did they pick you up?
do you get protective stuff to wear and is it not dead hot?
how much?

etc
1.5 / 2 hours
you meet them at Festival City
Yes yo get protective stuff tempreture is ok i did it early April though
350AED
Old May 5th 2009, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

What about the gravy?
Old May 5th 2009, 5:52 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seraphnina
What about the gravy?
Hard to keep in the dish on the quads.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.