Weekend advice

Old May 6th 2009, 6:22 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weekend advice

Originally Posted by pauldxb
1.5 / 2 hours
you meet them at Festival City
Yes yo get protective stuff tempreture is ok i did it early April though
350AED
sounds good, may do it early friday, then play footy in the afternoon, then on the piss,

then a saturday brunch - do they do them on saturdays?
Old May 6th 2009, 6:23 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seraphnina
What about the gravy?
for £100 i'd expect VERY good gravy.
Old May 6th 2009, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Roadking
Hard to keep in the dish on the quads.
Isn't that what the oil can is for?

Old May 6th 2009, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Spugsy
sounds good, may do it early friday, then play footy in the afternoon, then on the piss,

then a saturday brunch - do they do them on saturdays?
Er....... dont know
Old May 6th 2009, 7:12 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by pauldxb
Er....... dont know
anyway I've been told that the one at JWT Marriot does a great brunch and isn't as mad as some of the others so you can have a good catch up and chat, but the food is meant to be ace.
Old May 6th 2009, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

Spugs, re. Brunch.

Yacht Club at the Marina is awesome and it is only 250dhs, which in my book makes it one of the cheapest of the more upmarket ones! Good fresh seafood and sushi plus a roast and other hot bits. Beer and decent enough plonk. There is then a bit of a gap but 2-4-1 starts at 6pm and tends to go mad.....most days. You can't see the beach but the Marina is full of decent gin palaces to look at.

Al Qasr is also good and I hear the Montgomery is although it's at the golf club (no kids allowed I think). Plus if you are at the Marina you can get to Barasti before the crowds.

Just some thoughts....

Ps. If you fancy a reasonable dinner somewhere while they are over then head to Festival City, have a few beers at sunset at the Belgian Beer Cafe and then go to Bistro Madeline @ the Intercon. Well priced food and the house carafe of wine is fine and (relatively) cheap. Not that many seem to have discovered it yet but I've never been disappointed
Old May 6th 2009, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

anyway I've been told that the one at JWT Marriot does a great brunch and isn't as mad as some of the others so you can have a good catch up and chat, but the food is meant to be ace.

Hey, I was there last weekend, was not busy at all, great food, champagne until you cant drink anymore, we did the 12 hour session and went down to a sports bar inbetween sessions as they dont serve booze for an hour whilst they set up for the evening. Was worth every penny to be honest, BUT it is not the luxury of Al Qasar
Old May 6th 2009, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

food is really, really average...it's also very quiet there (was when we were there anyway)...but if you're just after drinks, then not bad...

MM, xx
Old May 6th 2009, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

Hey Spugsy,

I have friends arriving this weekend too. We're going to Double Decker. All you can eat and drink from 12 to 4 for 159.

I really like it there and the food is ace! Roast beef and yorshire pudding! and GRAVY!!!

I've been to Al Qasr a couple o times and thats really good too. Setting is lovely, food is amazing etc but it is pretty pricey.

I think it depends on the people who's coming. Like we took Mr Hawkes dad and girlfriend to Al Qasr but it's 2 of my single pals that are coming this wekend and i think DD is more their thing. Also £100 is just too much.

I've never been to Yulamba but i hear it's great. Again though i wouldn't pay £100 for it!

I hear Nelsons is much the same as DD. I haven't been but MR Hawkes says it's much and such the same but not so good.

Anyway thats the only brunches i've been to. You'll need to let us know how you get on!

Mrs H
Old May 6th 2009, 10:02 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes
Hey Spugsy,

I have friends arriving this weekend too. We're going to Double Decker. All you can eat and drink from 12 to 4 for 159.

I really like it there and the food is ace! Roast beef and yorshire pudding! and GRAVY!!!

I've been to Al Qasr a couple o times and thats really good too. Setting is lovely, food is amazing etc but it is pretty pricey.

I think it depends on the people who's coming. Like we took Mr Hawkes dad and girlfriend to Al Qasr but it's 2 of my single pals that are coming this wekend and i think DD is more their thing. Also £100 is just too much.

I've never been to Yulamba but i hear it's great. Again though i wouldn't pay £100 for it!

I hear Nelsons is much the same as DD. I haven't been but MR Hawkes says it's much and such the same but not so good.

Anyway thats the only brunches i've been to. You'll need to let us know how you get on!

Mrs H
thanks for the advice everyone....I have still to make my mind up.
Old May 6th 2009, 10:20 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
Spugs, re. Brunch.

Yacht Club at the Marina is awesome and it is only 250dhs....
That be right...

I watched the Club being built across from my marina flat and was really looking forward to drinking and dining out on the balcony of this "exclusive yacht club" (as advertised and promoted)...only to find it is fully open to the public. As a club member, I have to pay 24,000 DHS a year and find it difficult just to get a seat in the balcony area...especially now that it is so popular ! Club members only get a 10% discount, whereas surrounding hotels give up to 20% discount to the public.
Old May 6th 2009, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MacScot
That be right...

I watched the Club being built across from my marina flat and was really looking forward to drinking and dining out on the balcony of this "exclusive yacht club" (as advertised and promoted)...only to find it is fully open to the public. As a club member, I have to pay 24,000 DHS a year and find it difficult just to get a seat in the balcony area...especially now that it is so popular ! Club members only get a 10% discount, whereas surrounding hotels give up to 20% discount to the public.
Going to be renewing your membership then?
Old May 6th 2009, 11:26 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
Going to be renewing your membership then?
Have to in order to keep a marina berth...but the members are revolting (i.e., rebelling !)
Old May 6th 2009, 2:50 pm
why ayeeeee man!

booked up for the mojito one, looks canny...

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/restaura...8663-warehouse
Old May 11th 2009, 10:10 am
why ayeeeee man!

Christ on a bike, what a long weekend I had,

we hit the irish village for both champions league matches, s[ent teh day at wild wadi, went on a brunch where I was so smashed I ended up in bed at 9pm and had to get up at 3am to help the missus in, hit the beach and got thoroughly burnt, then went to barasti til 1am and then got up at 6.30am to go quad biking, then had a massage, out for a meal, went to MoE and Dubai Mall and now I'm back at work and proper knackered....

oh and pauldxb recommended the quadbiking to me, and english guy runs it, just him and me and my mate following him for an hour and a half, AED 350 each and worth every single penny, it was amazing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.