British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   wedding anniversary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/wedding-anniversary-780078/)

Millhouse Dec 9th 2012 12:00 pm

wedding anniversary

OK, there is no hiding this so I may as well go public.

5 years wedding anniversary tomorrow and I've just remembered. Ignoring Scamp's childish 'give her some wood' jokes ... what the hell do I get and where from?

scrubbedexpat141 Dec 9th 2012 12:05 pm

Re: wedding anniversary

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10424224)

5 years wedding anniversary tomorrow and I've just remembered. Ignoring Scamp's childish 'give her some wood' jokes ... what the hell do I get and where from?

Dildo, tub of vaseline, bag of sand and a really, really good time.

Blue Cat Dec 9th 2012 12:26 pm

it says wood or silverware for the 5th and I think by silverware they mean for the house and not for her. Forget tradition and get her some flowers tomorrow :)

shiva Dec 9th 2012 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10424249)
it says wood or silverware for the 5th and I think by silverware they mean for the house and not for her. Forget tradition and get her some flowers tomorrow :)

**** that, get her something nice, moderately expensive and made of silver or wood. flower is also a must. flowers only and you'll never be forgiven

Blue Cat Dec 9th 2012 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 10424260)
**** that, get her something nice, moderately expensive and made of silver or wood. flower is also a must. flowers only and you'll never be forgiven

like candlesticks and a salad bowl :rofl:

NorthernLad Dec 9th 2012 12:48 pm

Screw tradition, book her for spa day, bunch of flowers and a dinner somewhere decent. That's what I did and it worked fine.

Blue Cat Dec 9th 2012 1:00 pm

https://www.limeandtonic.com/dubai/e...?offer_id=4008 I am doing this on Saturday :thumbsup:

al dente Dec 9th 2012 1:00 pm

Silver: necklace, napkin rings or photo frames. Wood: sculpture, chair or other furniture.

Blue Cat Dec 9th 2012 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by al dente (Post 10424282)
Silver: necklace, napkin rings or photo frames. Wood: sculpture, chair or other furniture.

silver jewellery isn't an issue but it is if she only wears gold, and I the website I saw said silverware which to me means dishes etc. A silver photo frame would be ok if it was from Christofle

al dente Dec 9th 2012 1:05 pm

We follow the traditional list and for wool I was presented with an adoption certificate of a sheep. Ewegenie sends me an annual email.

Millhouse Dec 9th 2012 1:07 pm

Thanks everyone. Just ducked out of the office and am now loaded up with a photo-frame, a wooden sculpture and a card. Gotta love MCC.

I opted against the salad bowl - I suspect I'd have to wear it on my head as she hits me with the tongs if I got her that.

Blue Cat Dec 9th 2012 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10424296)
Thanks everyone. Just ducked out of the office and am now loaded up with a photo-frame, a wooden sculpture and a card. Gotta love MCC.

I opted against the salad bowl - I suspect I'd have to wear it on my head as she hits me with the tongs if I got her that.

:thumbsup: Happy Anniversary

Patsy Stoned Dec 9th 2012 1:29 pm

Do a couples spa day too. followed by late lunch or early dinner at somewhere like the Rivington. Tell them it is an anniversary and they will give you a cake :-)
Then home, a glass or 2 of bubbly and an early night ;)

Millhouse Dec 9th 2012 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 10424331)
Do a couples spa day too. followed by late lunch or early dinner at somewhere like the Rivington. Tell them it is an anniversary and they will give you a cake :-)
Then home, a glass or 2 of bubbly and an early night ;)

Sounds fab. Do I have to take my wife, or can I take someone else?

Millhouse Dec 9th 2012 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10424299)
:thumbsup: Happy Anniversary

I certainly hope so. This will be the first one I've actually remembered - 1 in 5 isn't so bad.