British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   The weather (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/weather-713336/)

Meow Apr 14th 2011 11:21 am

The weather

I'm British. We're supposed to discuss the weather!

How vile is it in the UAE today? From my window it looks horidly grey, it's windy and still a few drops of rain every now and then. It looks as if it ought to be chilly, but you go outside and it's hot and sticky.

I don't like it, although part of me is secretly hoping it's grotty tomorrow so I can slump on my sofa and watch films without feeling guilty.

Blue Cat Apr 14th 2011 11:22 am

Re: The weather

three days of this a 6 year old whinging to go swimming :o went one day but it was pretty boring in the spots of rain. Been out this morning though it's not that bad. Just wish it would blow over :)

Millhouse Apr 14th 2011 11:28 am

I like it - it's different. Also means summer is just around the corner - which I love.

littlejimmy Apr 14th 2011 11:31 am

I'd like to accept the blame and say I brought it with me when I landed on Tuesday morning, but the weather over the last few weeks in England has actually been pretty terrific. I was even getting a base tan.

Blue Cat Apr 14th 2011 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9304625)
I like it - it's different. Also means summer is just around the corner - which I love.

me too!! the winters are shit here, I much prefer the summer :thumbup:

Jim Smith Apr 14th 2011 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9304625)

Nothing like something different. I just wish there were more brisk windy days, thats what I miss from home!!

lionheart Apr 14th 2011 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9304667)
me too!! the winters are shit here, I much prefer the summer :thumbup:

Are you serious? The winters are lovely here. The summers are unbearably hot and humid. Incidentally, hailstones larger than golf balls rained down on Fujeirah earlier this week.

Blue Cat Apr 14th 2011 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 9304753)
Are you serious? The winters are lovely here. The summers are unbearably hot and humid. Incidentally, hailstones larger than golf balls rained down on Fujeirah earlier this week.

yeah I love it, that's why I live here :wub:

NorthernLad Apr 14th 2011 1:02 pm

I love summers here, it's fine for pool/beach up until around 11 in the morning then from 3:30-4 in the afternoon.

We've stayed here in summer for the last seven years, same again this year.

Spugsy Apr 14th 2011 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9304609)
I'm British. We're supposed to discuss the weather!

How vile is it in the UAE today? From my window it looks horidly grey, it's windy and still a few drops of rain every now and then. It looks as if it ought to be chilly, but you go outside and it's hot and sticky.

I don't like it, although part of me is secretly hoping it's grotty tomorrow so I can slump on my sofa and watch films without feeling guilty.

Blue skies over Satwa now though, clouds going - lets hope its sunny tomorrow as I shall be hitting Wild Wadi once again.

Millhouse Apr 14th 2011 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9304805)
Blue skies over Satwa now though, clouds going - lets hope its sunny tomorrow as I shall be hitting Wild Wadi once again.

don't you get bored of that place?

Millhouse Apr 14th 2011 1:17 pm

I love humidity - September is my favourite month.

Blue Cat Apr 14th 2011 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9304805)

:thumbup:

Hello.Kitty Apr 14th 2011 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Jim Smith (Post 9304745)
Nothing like something different. I just wish there were more brisk windy days, thats what I miss from home!!

gosh, for the past few weeks, the wind has been so "brisk" here that I can't hang my washing outside for fear the whole lot will go over the balcony!

Just a wierd one today... looks "nice" (ie "cool") but when you get outside it's still that foreboding heat. [heart sinks]

auzdafluff Apr 14th 2011 10:18 pm

It's been lovely in the UK this past week and a half. It was in the low 20s and clear skies last weekend.

Not really looking forward to being hit by the humidity when I get back though. :p