British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Wealthy Brits slam London ‘invasion’ of Arab playboys (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/wealthy-brits-slam-london-%E2%80%98invasion%E2%80%99-arab-playboys-782335/)

NorthernLad Jan 3rd 2013 10:33 am

Wealthy Brits slam London ‘invasion’ of Arab playboys

Abdul obviously has a sense of humour.

"Abdul Aziz Rashid, who comes to the UK every year in a supercar, says people should complain directly to him.

The 27-year-old Saudi said: “I hear the residents always complain but they don’t come to me to complain. If anyone complains about something I will respect it and try to fix it."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ng-London.html

Boomhauer Jan 3rd 2013 11:02 am

Re: Wealthy Brits slam London ‘invasion’ of Arab playboys

Contrast the rights and priviledges of Khaleejis vacationing in London to Brit's working or vacationing in the Gulf. Somehow I don't think Brits or any other expats would get away with annoying the locals in a similar fashion.

flares Jan 3rd 2013 12:41 pm

Panda Morgan-Thomas :rofl:

go for it girl

Fossildog Jan 3rd 2013 1:09 pm

Must be difficult stopping at zebra crossings in the UK when all your natural instincts and Gulf training prompt you to accelerate and watch the pedestrians scatter.

OleJanx Jan 3rd 2013 1:22 pm

Try bringing an uninsured, alien registered car to the gulf and driving like an utter twunt and insulting everyone in sight, and see precisely where it ends you up. Not the Riyadh Hilton, or at least, not the one with the name outside....

auzdafluff Jan 3rd 2013 9:46 pm

Been watching it. The Arabs come across as if they are offended that the police are pulling them over and fining them for things like not having plates on the front of their cars.

Maybe if the police over here actually enforced the law, they might get used to the police actually doing things.

The Dean Jan 4th 2013 4:22 am

I can just imagine the producers of that documentary: "We want the programme to be boring and dull, with scenes of you young Arab guys living in London conforming to local customs and staying within the law at all times. That way, we are guaranteed huge ratings for a Channel 4 show." :huh:

And here's a challenge: try to work out what is painted on the road under the blue Maserati........... :confused:

OriginalSunshine Jan 4th 2013 5:31 am

It annoys me intensely how non residents and non citizens of the UK/EU are allowed to buy and inflate the prices of housing in the UK, particularly London, whilst UK citizens do not have that right in most countries around the world.

desert-rat Jan 4th 2013 5:44 am

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 10461696)
Panda Morgan-Thomas :rofl:

go for it girl

Panda is a popular boys name.

Paracletus Jan 4th 2013 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine (Post 10463260)
It annoys me intensely how non residents and non citizens of the UK/EU are allowed to buy and inflate the prices of housing in the UK, particularly London, whilst UK citizens do not have that right in most countries around the world.

The pesky Norwegian sovereign wealth fund has been purchasing some exclusive property on Regent street and other areas. I wonder if the Swiss have been doing similar things.

commander Jan 4th 2013 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by desert-rat (Post 10463268)
Panda is a popular boys name.

On what planet?

shiva Jan 5th 2013 6:56 pm

Thought it was a pretty tame program that failed to mention the many accidents these guys have been involved in. What disappoints but doesn't surprise me is the lack of prosecutions for dangerous driving.

hnd Jan 5th 2013 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 10465858)
Thought it was a pretty tame program that failed to mention the many accidents these guys have been involved in. What disappoints but doesn't surprise me is the lack of prosecutions for dangerous driving.

Witness the plod on a bicycle pulling over cars with no front number plates. And then telling a resident that he found the 'diversity' exciting and was obviously toeing the PC line about just how much money they bring into the country/capital every year.

It did occur to me that it would be so very ironic if Panda had decided to sell her apartment it may well have been bought by some of the very people who had driven her to sell it in the first place :nod:

RedDragon2008 Jan 5th 2013 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 10461539)
Abdul obviously has a sense of humour.

Why not introduce hoon laws like in OZ.

Car gets taken for 48 hours

After 3 incidents car is crushed.

Now that would be a sight to see how his sense of humour handles