British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Wealth Manager... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/wealth-manager-723787/)

Norm_uk Jul 11th 2011 5:28 am

Re: Wealth Manager...

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 9486620)
True...They've been having a hard time with credit card implementation - the telecom link between there and here is not very robust...

Ever since the Ghostbusters went out of business the lines have been dodgy.

N.

Autonomy Jul 17th 2011 12:17 pm

If you are still wondering about the quality of the advisor employed by One International, here is the candidate requirements (direct cut and paste from a genuine job advert, no editing by myself except for the highlighting):

The candidate must have a hard working attitude, self-motivated, goal orientated, passionate, sales minded, an outstanding individual and a burning desire to be the best no matter what it takes. Sales experience and proven track record is a must, financial background isn’t essential but desirable. Fluent English speaking is a must.

So there you go - sales over financial knowledge.

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 17th 2011 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 9500672)
If you are still wondering about the quality of the advisor employed by One International, here is the candidate requirements (direct cut and paste from a genuine job advert, no editing by myself except for the highlighting):

The candidate must have a hard working attitude, self-motivated, goal orientated, passionate, sales minded, an outstanding individual and a burning desire to be the best no matter what it takes. Sales experience and proven track record is a must, financial background isn’t essential but desirable. Fluent English speaking is a must.

Brilliant.

Meow Jul 17th 2011 1:55 pm

*weeps*

The Dean Jul 17th 2011 2:38 pm

"...no matter what it takes..."

I find this equally disturbing..............

Autonomy Jul 17th 2011 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9500852)
"...no matter what it takes..."

I find this equally disturbing..............

not quite sure about this part either... "Fluent English speaking is a must." *grammar police please*

Bob Jul 17th 2011 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 9500994)
not quite sure about this part either... "Fluent English speaking is a must." *grammar police please*

well you can speak it, without speaking properly I guess :D

auzdafluff Jul 19th 2011 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 9500994)

You're right. That is incredibly bad grammar. "is a must"? No no no. The shortest way that I can phrase that sentence is "Must be able to speak English fluently." And even that's pushing it.

kittycat1 Jul 19th 2011 4:35 am

' Fluency in English is essential'.

Norm_uk Jul 19th 2011 8:54 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9503929)
' Fluency in English is essential'.

*does Yoda voice*...fluent you must be, or sales you will make not.

N.

kittycat1 Jul 19th 2011 9:10 am

Norm- I wonder if you put that ina job ad and someone replied with 'Yes master' they might get the job....

Meow Jul 19th 2011 9:12 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9504276)
Norm- I wonder if you put that ina job ad and someone replied with 'Yes master' they might get the job....

If they have their own jackboots, it's a dead cert.

Norm_uk Jul 19th 2011 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9504279)
If they have their own jackboots, it's a dead cert.

We provide them now but ask staff to pay for the cost from their first commissions...doesn't get fairer than that!

N.

Cow Pie Jul 21st 2011 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 9504251)
*does Yoda voice*...fluent you must be, or sales you will make not.

N.

Hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahhaa