British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Wealth Manager... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/wealth-manager-723787/)

Scamp Jul 6th 2011 7:50 am

Wealth Manager...
 
Been approached by a bird from this company; One International

Anyone heard of them / know anything?

Not replied / looked yet. You lot are more useful.

Meow - don't get offended, I still have your email about the offshore stuff and I will come to you first, probably.

Cheers

Scampos

Meow Jul 6th 2011 7:53 am

Re: Wealth Manager...
 
Considering the free advice I've given you, you ought to! :rolleyes:

Yes, I know them, Many are ex- 'VD' (cf The Dean) people. One to be avoided.



Here's a handy tip. Avoid anyone who uses the stupid title of 'wealth manager'.

Autonomy Jul 6th 2011 7:55 am

Re: Wealth Manager...
 

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9478216)
One to be avoided.

Quality.

Yeah - they called me a couple weeks ago - told them to sod off and speak to Meow... Maybe someone stole VD's database on the way out the door...

Scamp Jul 6th 2011 7:57 am

Re: Wealth Manager...
 

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9478216)
Considering the free advice I've given you, you ought to! :rolleyes:

Yes, I know them, Many are ex- 'VD' (cf The Dean) people. One to be avoided.

The free advice you gave me is stellar. I will be taking you for coffee at some point for more, just when I have a bit more cash to do something with, but that will come.

I don't know what the bold bit means?

Meow Jul 6th 2011 8:00 am

Re: Wealth Manager...
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9478224)
The free advice you gave me is stellar. I will be taking you for coffee at some point for more, just when I have a bit more cash to do something with, but that will come.

I don't know what the bold bit means?


It's a sort of code for a particular company who cannot be named for legal reasons. (Because they are sensitive to all the well-deserved negative criticism!). A switching of initials coined by The Dean.

Jim Smith Jul 6th 2011 9:53 am

Re: Wealth Manager...
 
[QUOTE=Scamp;9478209]Been approached by a bird from this company; One International




Think I have had 3 calls, but each time suggested they stop wasting both my time, and theirs.

The Dean Jul 6th 2011 9:56 am

Re: Wealth Manager...
 

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9478229)
It's a sort of code for a particular company who cannot be named for legal reasons. (Because they are sensitive to all the well-deserved negative criticism!). A switching of initials coined by The Dean.

No - she means I used to have VD but don't any more............

Norm_uk Jul 6th 2011 11:15 am

Re: Wealth Manager...
 

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9478404)
No - she means I used to have VD but don't any more............

See, I told you that doctor I used before was good. Did he use the acid bath and steel brush method on you too?

N.

Blue Cat Jul 6th 2011 1:42 pm

Re: Wealth Manager...
 
Global Eye are pissing me of at the minute :sneaky:

The Dean Jul 6th 2011 4:14 pm

Re: Wealth Manager...
 

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9478851)
Global Eye are pissing me of at the minute :sneaky:

Ah yes...............

"Hello [uses my first name, without being invited to], I'm calling to ask if you have written a Sharia-compliant will."

"I don't need one. I have no assets here, and I have a will in the UK."

"You still would benefit from a Sharia-compliant will."

"Why?"

"Er........ well............ "

CLICK.

Scamp Jul 7th 2011 4:33 am

Re: Wealth Manager...
 

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9479075)
Ah yes...............

"Hello [uses my first name, without being invited to], I'm calling to ask if you have written a Sharia-compliant will."

"I don't need one. I have no assets here, and I have a will in the UK."

"You still would benefit from a Sharia-compliant will."

"Why?"

"Er........ well............ "

CLICK.

That always makes me laugh.

I'd feel like a really self important knob if I expected to be called Mr. xxxx

Each to their own I suppose.

Meow Jul 7th 2011 5:28 am

Re: Wealth Manager...
 

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9479075)
Ah yes...............

"Hello [uses my first name, without being invited to], I'm calling to ask if you have written a Sharia-compliant will."

"I don't need one. I have no assets here, and I have a will in the UK."

"You still would benefit from a Sharia-compliant will."

"Why?"

"Er........ well............ "

CLICK.


Of FFS. There is really no such thing as a sharia compliant will. :frown:

Confucius Jul 8th 2011 2:56 pm

Re: Wealth Manager...
 

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9480322)
Of FFS. There is really no such thing as a sharia compliant will. :frown:

Of course not...One takes the belongings with them to the other side...

Norm_uk Jul 10th 2011 7:38 am

Re: Wealth Manager...
 

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 9483240)
Of course not...One takes the belongings with them to the other side...

I heard you can buy thing on the other side now so it's best to bring cash.

N.

Confucius Jul 10th 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Wealth Manager...
 

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 9486052)
I heard you can buy thing on the other side now so it's best to bring cash.

N.

True...They've been having a hard time with credit card implementation - the telecom link between there and here is not very robust...


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:12 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.