British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   We would have won the quiz but.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/we-would-have-won-quiz-but-506173/)

BangleMan Jan 14th 2008 6:02 pm

We would have won the quiz but....

We would have finished 2nd tonight, but were involved in an exciting tie break...........well, exciting that was until MM took it upon herself, having not answered a single question all night, to blurt out an answer "tourette's style".........and so we only came 3rd !!!...mad:

axlenoyl Jan 14th 2008 6:12 pm

Re: We would have won the quiz but....

So its not the taking part its the winning that counts

The Dean Jan 14th 2008 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 5786682)
We would have finished 2nd tonight, but were involved in an exciting tie break...........well, exciting that was until MM took it upon herself, having not answered a single question all night, to blurt out an answer "tourette's style".........and so we only came 3rd !!!...mad:

She answered "Tourettes style"?

Do you mean something like:

"What is the name of the huge auditorium in London where the Proms are held?" and she shouted "The Royal ****ing Albert Hall, you c---!!!"

Classy...........

Inselaffen Jan 14th 2008 8:15 pm

brave foolish man!
the Brad will now be unleashed!

Madam Medusa Jan 15th 2008 3:56 am

you are dead bangleman...

MM, xx

lionheart Jan 15th 2008 4:11 am

More details please, you shit-stirrer...what was the question and what was the answer given?

BangleMan Jan 15th 2008 4:23 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 5789191)
More details please, you shit-stirrer...what was the question and what was the answer given?

She's gonna kill me, but the question was.........Q. Why did the Avon lady walk funny?...........and MM shouts out "Cos her lipstick"..........Unbelievable I know !:rofl:

BangleMan Jan 15th 2008 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5787261)
brave foolish man!
the Brad will now be unleashed!

I wasnt gonna to mention it, but behind her back, you kept saying "Post it, post it, post it".......I really didnt want to.....It was Inse that made me do it MM..!:p

BangleMan Jan 15th 2008 4:28 am

Originally Posted by axlenoyl (Post 5786738)
So its not the taking part its the winning that counts

It probably was the taking part once upon a time, but seeing as we never win, its taken on a whole new meaning now

MataHari Jan 15th 2008 4:37 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 5789244)
It probably was the taking part once upon a time, but seeing as we never win, its taken on a whole new meaning now

you'll be in hospital again soon...but not with manflu....

BangleMan Jan 15th 2008 4:48 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5789275)
you'll be in hospital again soon...but not with manflu....

Yeah, yeah, yeah...., you and who's army ?

lionheart Jan 15th 2008 4:48 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 5789227)
She's gonna kill me, but the question was.........Q. Why did the Avon lady walk funny?...........and MM shouts out "Cos her lipstick"..........Unbelievable I know !:rofl:

You are joking about the question, surely?

MataHari Jan 15th 2008 4:48 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 5789301)
Yeah, yeah, yeah...., you and who's army ?

I've got useful contacts...

MataHari Jan 15th 2008 4:49 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 5789302)
You are joking about the question, surely?

you are joking with this post, surely?

lionheart Jan 15th 2008 4:52 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5789307)
you are joking with this post, surely?

No, I am perfectly serious...what was the MM question as surely it couldn't have been the one about the Avon lady?