British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Way around the international roaming deposit? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/way-around-international-roaming-deposit-672594/)

Euc- Jun 15th 2010 4:50 pm

Way around the international roaming deposit?

So I just found out that I need to give a 2000dhs cash deposit if I want international roaming activated. He wouldn't accept cc auth (blocking the amount but not actually taking it), hard cash or purchase of the card only.

Now I'm not really feeling like paying such an extortionate amount for 2 weeks out of the country, is there any way around it?

Or can I better buy myself a second simcard and temporary forward my original number to the new one? But would that still work when I'm out of the country?

Autonomy Jun 15th 2010 5:52 pm

Re: Way around the international roaming deposit?

Originally Posted by Euc- (Post 8634846)
So I just found out that I need to give a 2000dhs cash deposit if I want international roaming activated. He wouldn't accept cc auth (blocking the amount but not actually taking it), hard cash or purchase of the card only.

Now I'm not really feeling like paying such an extortionate amount for 2 weeks out of the country, is there any way around it?

Or can I better buy myself a second simcard and temporary forward my original number to the new one? But would that still work when I'm out of the country?

get your company to pay for it in case they need to get hold of you.... it returnable after all....?

Grace O Malley Jun 15th 2010 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 8634938)
get your company to pay for it in case they need to get hold of you.... it returnable after all....?

ha ha thats my thought

Euc- Jun 15th 2010 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 8634938)

Yeah, been there tried that. They have enough trouble as it is paying the salaries on time, no way they're going to pay that. :(

busybee2 Jun 16th 2010 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Euc- (Post 8634846)

r but a few years ago they charged 5k now at least its cheaper!