Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Waxy O'Connor's.............

Waxy O'Connor's.............

Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waxy O'Connor's.............

Originally Posted by britexpat76
That place is a shit hole. I went once in a group, the girl I was with got pushed by a doorman and chaos ensued...........Needless to say I shall not be going back
I seen Shaun Ryder from the Monday's in there drinking Bullfrogs out of a flower vase.

If you couldn't get laid in there on a Friday night you'd need to back to the drawing board .
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:00 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I seen Shaun Ryder from the Monday's in there drinking Bullfrogs out of a flower vase.
He wasted no time in finding out what the letsget****ingspasticated choice of drink was. Good moves.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Which bit is Caribbean?
Don't spoil the joke..............
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:03 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

If you couldn't get laid in there on a Friday night you'd need to go back to the key board and screen.
Ahem, adjusted that for you...
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

He wasted no time in finding out what the letsget****ingspasticated choice of drink was. Good moves.
He was bouncing mate , they'd just played at the I.V and to my surprise were actually good .

I've seen them everywhere from the Hacienda to Wembley Arena and it's a cross between atrocious or ripping the roof off , usually depending on what the bands substance of choice was at that given time .
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:12 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

He was bouncing mate , they'd just played at the I.V and to my surprise were actually good .

I've seen them everywhere from the Hacienda to Wembley Arena and it's a cross between atrocious or ripping the roof off , usually depending on what the bands substance of choice was at that given time .
I would of loved to see them, friends have and said they was so terrible they were great.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

I would of loved to see them, friends have and said they was so terrible they were great.
saw them at the Hacienda around 85/86 and they were atrocious

I thought a load of feral youth had just invaded the stage and made a noise... which of course is exactly what they were !
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

That's my memory of what they were like that night. I think Human League played the same night, plus others I can't remember now - bizarre mix of groups but live music and beer made for a good night out.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mogs
That's my memory of what they were like that night. I think Human League played the same night, plus others I can't remember now - bizarre mix of groups but live music and beer made for a good night out.
Ocean Colour Scene played as well
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Did they turn up ? I remember one main headliner didn't
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:29 am
Shark Fisherman

Another great band. My fiancee No1 was big pals with the lead singer as they were both from the black country.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:29 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
Don't spoil the joke..............
I was giving you an opening (!cough!) for a follow-on...
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mogs
Did they turn up ? I remember one main headliner didn't
Yes , Bez was missing in action for the Monday's .

They are rumoured to be playing the Tennis Stadium on April 26th .
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

ah right that was it - presumed not allowed into country due to being a walking bag of opiates.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 1:21 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I was there that night OCS were superb. I got so trollied I was there when the mondays were on stage but really can't remember a thing.

Going back to an older post in this thread. "Arif Castle"..when I came here in the early 90's with the senior service, we always received a list of clubs/bars and general places that were "banned" from visiting. Arif Castle was always the one..closest to the dockyard and always full of sailors.

I'm sure the ships agent was on a screw with these pubs..a wee backhander from the pub to get put on the "banned" list..a guarentee to be full of money plenty sailors every night.

Happy days..nowadays sailors just go missing.