water intake

Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:22 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: water intake

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
lol, trust me I dont want to drink it at all but doctors orders and all that
It always seems harder when you are not doing something voluntarily. Can you add some slices of lemon or lime plus some mint to it to make it more palatable?

-
Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:24 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
diet coke. thats a dirty word, diet pepsi only
Oh no. Much prefer Diet Coke.

Did anyone see the story about Coca-Cola launching a new drink in the US? Fizzy milk. It's long-life and comes in several fruit flavours. Sounds utterly vile.

-
Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:24 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I bet mate, what did you get up to?

I could do with a week or so back home, or scotland, nice people, good food, nice beer, fresh air and greenery....
basically i ran in the mountains around Killiecrankie, near pitlochry. I cycled around Angus, Swam in my local pool, played with my daughter outside for hours, drank good beer and wine, and spent the evenings with my family, chilling at the back door. Saw my best pal get married in our local Abbey. Best of all i was able to spend a little time with just my wife and I..We went for an indian meal and i farted in the bog just as the music stopped in the restaurant and my wife said that everyone heard it..thought i got some funny looks...who says romance is dead.

My dad and i even drunkinly joined the 'Tummel Valley Stompers' for a spot of line dancing whilst watching the final day of the open on Telly whilst at a caravan for the weekend.

I got up one morning at 5am and ran a half marathon around my home town. The difference between here and there was amazing. I actually found it quite easy, not on the legs but on the breathing.

It was all rather healthy until Sat night when i was in a pub in Aberdeen with my cousin and pals knocking back jaegerbombs until the early hours prior to getting up at 5am for my flight out here..

fuxking glad to be back to this shit though.....
Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:26 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Sounds canny that, I'm back in October, I hope it's freezing.
my chain snapped outside of montrose early one morning, it was feeezing and pissing down with rain...i loved it..soaked to the skin
Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:28 am
banned

Originally Posted by Meow
It always seems harder when you are not doing something voluntarily. Can you add some slices of lemon or lime plus some mint to it to make it more palatable?

-
good idea!
Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:30 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by commander
my chain snapped outside of montrose early one morning, it was feeezing and pissing down with rain...i loved it..soaked to the skin
...and before ye log off, we are still awaiting your synopsis on the Tour de France. Did we Brits do good then or did that Cavendish guy spoil it all by getting disqualified? So what was that all about?
Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow

-
yep tried that its actually better plain tbh, anyway done my 3 liter for the day, thank god.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
see i dont mind the cold, I just cant stand the rain and especially that drizzly rain that lasts the whole day
Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:52 am
banned

Originally Posted by lionheart
...and before ye log off, we are still awaiting your synopsis on the Tour de France. Did we Brits do good then or did that Cavendish guy spoil it all by getting disqualified? So what was that all about?
Wiggins did absolutely fantastic, as did Cavendish. There is no way he should have been disqualified in my opinion. Why would he block Thor when he knows he can beat him hands down..He said it was to slow down the sprint to allow Hincape to take the malliot Jaune (Hincape is a massively highly respected and popular rider who deserves any time in yellow) but Cav would not of put his green jersey chances on the line for that sentiment.

Lance Armstrong was absolutely brilliant, he has finally won over the french. A truly heroic effort.

Contador was untouchable, best time trialist and best climber...no contest!!
Old Jul 27th 2009, 12:01 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=commander;7787585]basically i ran in the mountains around Killiecrankie, near pitlochry.QUOTE]

love in round there, used to spend at lot of time at blair atholl and all around the hills there....one of the best days i've ever had on the hills was a day there with the duke of atholls ghille stalking for the day, the old boy walked me silly.......****ing magic
Old Jul 27th 2009, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Your body is approx 65% water. Blood is mostly water, and your muscles, lungs, and brain all contain a lot of water. Your body needs water to regulate your body temperature and to help nutrients to travel to all your organs. Water also transports oxygen to your cells, removes waste, and protects your joints and organs.
When you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated. Especially in the summer here it is important to drink enough water. Obviously a tiny person does not need as much as a larger person.
Water is also 1 of the best things to help weight loss as well.
I drink between 4 and 5 lts a day.
Needing to go to the loo so often will, eventually, stop as your body gets used to the increased water consumption. If you have water retention then the best thing to do is to drink more water.
The danger of hyponatremia is rare but can occurs when endurance sportsmen consume too much water. Athletes sweat heavily, losing both water and electrolytes. If they don't replace the electrolytes along with the water that is when they are at risk.

Anyway the above is just a guide really, but trust me, you will feel so much better if you have enough water.
I am not saying get this just from drinking water, there are other sources. 20% of your water requiremnts come from food.
But drinking lots of soda (diet or otherwise) is not good. but that is another subject
Old Jul 27th 2009, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Grace,

It takes about a month for your bladder to get used to it, but everytime you wee your getting rid of toxins so think of it as a good thing.

I thought you were meant to drink 2 litres a day anyway with a further 2 litres coming through food? And for every cup of coffee or tea you have you have to a have an extra glass of water?

x
Old Jul 27th 2009, 3:03 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Your body is approx 65% water. Blood is mostly water, and your muscles, lungs, and brain all contain a lot of water. Your body needs water to regulate your body temperature and to help nutrients to travel to all your organs. Water also transports oxygen to your cells, removes waste, and protects your joints and organs.
When you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated. Especially in the summer here it is important to drink enough water. Obviously a tiny person does not need as much as a larger person.
Water is also 1 of the best things to help weight loss as well.
I drink between 4 and 5 lts a day.
Needing to go to the loo so often will, eventually, stop as your body gets used to the increased water consumption. If you have water retention then the best thing to do is to drink more water.
The danger of hyponatremia is rare but can occurs when endurance sportsmen consume too much water. Athletes sweat heavily, losing both water and electrolytes. If they don't replace the electrolytes along with the water that is when they are at risk.

Anyway the above is just a guide really, but trust me, you will feel so much better if you have enough water.
I am not saying get this just from drinking water, there are other sources. 20% of your water requiremnts come from food.
But drinking lots of soda (diet or otherwise) is not good. but that is another subject
whilst i agree completely with the setiment of drink more water you really really really need to learn a bit more biology.
eg
"water transports oxygen to your cells"
err that would be haemoglobin which is a metallopotein and not in fact water. I suspect macscot can elaborate more specifically
Old Jul 27th 2009, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
whilst i agree completely with the setiment of drink more water you really really really need to learn a bit more biology.
eg
err that would be haemoglobin which is a metallopotein and not in fact water. I suspect macscot can elaborate more specifically
Our blood is mainly water, and our blood transports oxygen, energy and nutrients around the body. Our brain also has a large volume of water inside and around it. It uses water both for transport of various compounds as well as for protection. Water also plays a key role in cell metabolism. Water moves materials into and out of the cell.

If a test tube of blood is left to stand for half an hour, the blood separates into three layers as the denser components sink to the bottom of the tube and fluid remains at the top.

The straw-colored fluid that forms the top layer is called plasma and forms about 60% of blood. The middle white layer is composed of white blood cells (WBCs) and platelets, and the bottom red layer is the red blood cells (RBCs). These bottom two layers of cells form about 40% of the blood.

Plasma is mainly water, but it also contains many important substances such as proteins (albumin, clotting factors, antibodies, enzymes, and hormones), sugars (glucose), and fat particles.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shiva
eg
and you darling, really, really, really need to read things properly, I said Blood is mostly water.and your muscles, lungs, and brain all contain a lot of water. Your body needs water to regulate your body temperature and to help nutrients to travel to all your organs. Water also transports oxygen to your cells, removes waste, and protects your joints and organs.
perhaps if I put "helps" to transport oxygen you would have understood better.

Last edited by Patsy Stoned; Jul 27th 2009 at 3:36 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.