British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Watch Warrington Wolves Rugby (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/watch-warrington-wolves-rugby-793842/)

vickibowen5 Apr 13th 2013 11:05 am

Watch Warrington Wolves Rugby

Hi

Does anyone know where I can go in Abu Dhabi to watch Rugby League on TV/SKY to watch Warrington Wolves? Preferably nearest to Yas Island

Thanks for reading x

mentalist Apr 13th 2013 11:37 am

Re: Watch Warrington Wolves Rugby

In the highly unlikely event that English Rugby League would be televised live here on Sunday , rather than the English Premier League or FA Cup or the Chinese Grand Prix or the Indian cricket league, wouldn't they show Bradford Bulls vs Wigan rather than Wakefield vs Warrington? Good luck.

vickibowen5 Apr 13th 2013 12:08 pm

haha thanks for that :)

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 14th 2013 5:48 am

Shame on you.

They occasionally show proper rugby on Al Jazeera...I've never seen the sport you mention on tellybox here though.

Victor Meldrew Apr 14th 2013 3:47 pm

Showtime sports show Super League, but not all matches. Warrington are playing tonight, but not being shown on Showtime. They showed the Widnes game last night.

It's very much a hit and miss.

vickibowen5 Apr 14th 2013 4:02 pm

Brilliant thanks victor :)

Victor Meldrew Apr 14th 2013 4:16 pm

Although not the same as watching it live, BBC news website carries live scores and updates - Warrington currently making hard work of what should be an easy win vs Wakefield - 34-41 with Warrington leading - just!

vickibowen5 Apr 14th 2013 5:21 pm

Cheers victor, they played bad against leeds last match too :(

Brains1983 Apr 14th 2013 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10656730)
In the highly unlikely event that English Rugby League would be televised live here on Sunday , rather than the English Premier League or FA Cup or the Chinese Grand Prix or the Indian cricket league, wouldn't they show Bradford Bulls vs Wigan rather than Wakefield vs Warrington? Good luck.

could you not have just said no, or nothing at all? miserable wanker of the highest order

mentalist Apr 15th 2013 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 10658658)
could you not have just said no, or nothing at all? miserable wanker of the highest order

Why do you have to be so rude? What I wrote was perfectly reasonable and fairly accurate. No need for the personal insults...unless you are a Chelsea fan, perhaps?

Brains1983 Apr 15th 2013 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10659883)
Why do you have to be so rude? Just born that way. What I wrote was perfectly reasonable and fairly accurate. No it was miserable and didn't help in the slightest to answer the question. No need for the personal insults it was a statement not an insult...unless you are a Chelsea fan, perhaps? slightly better than being a Manshitty or Rangers fan, but no, miles off

!

scot47 Apr 15th 2013 7:01 pm

Mentalist - they just don't like you. Compalin to the Emir !

OleJanx Apr 15th 2013 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 10660722)
Mentalist - they just don't like you. Compalin to the Emir !

Not withstanding the name, United Arab Emirates, the boss men are Sheiks, not Emirs....

And compalin? I DO hope that isn't a reference to Sarah Palin...!