British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Warning over UAE national dress after US arrest (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/warning-over-uae-national-dress-after-us-arrest-879827/)

mission Jul 3rd 2016 8:35 am

Warning over UAE national dress after US arrest

I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner

Warning over UAE national dress after US arrest

al dente Jul 3rd 2016 9:38 am

Re: Warning over UAE national dress after US arrest

That's one harsh life lesdon about international perception.

Irishbeekeeper Jul 3rd 2016 9:53 am

the septics have really embraced tump'slam it seems
wait till things get much much much much better after he is elected
historians will compare the stat of the fall of the roman empire to this one

IKnowNothing Jul 3rd 2016 10:19 am

Oh come on, he was near where the next Republican Convention is going to be held, he wasn't allowed in the hotel as it was full, he gave over his ID.

How often do you give your ID when the hotel is full? Never.

I'm thinking he started spouting off (as they do) and the female receptionist got frightened.

Another bollocks story.

mission Jul 3rd 2016 10:53 am

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 11992316)
Oh come on, he was near where the next Republican Convention is going to be held, he wasn't allowed in the hotel as it was full, he gave over his ID.

I'm thinking he started spouting off (as they do) and the female receptionist got frightened.

Another bollocks story.

:rofl: you are always a ray of sunshine :sarcasm:

iggle Jul 3rd 2016 11:10 am

This wouldn't of happened if it weren't for #brexit

Cypselos Jul 3rd 2016 11:24 am

Good job keeping his sunglasses on.

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 3rd 2016 12:20 pm

There's always more to these stories isn't there.

Pongo Jul 3rd 2016 12:30 pm

Out of curiosity I watched part of the 'chest cam' from the copper.
After being released from the cuffs, he said he was a policeman in the UAE!

Maxima Jul 3rd 2016 5:23 pm

The 7days comments are great; Pakistanis and Pinoys asking for Americans to be banned for this incident ....

Autonomy Jul 3rd 2016 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 11992316)

Another bollocks story.

Even if that were true, which it isn't, did you actually watch the 6 min footage?

Even if this guy was shouting his head off or even punching the receptionist in the face, it would not have resulted in this if he was a good ol' boy from Texas.

IKnowNothing Jul 4th 2016 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 11992745)
Even if that were true, which it isn't, did you actually watch the 6 min footage?

Even if this guy was shouting his head off or even punching the receptionist in the face, it would not have resulted in this if he was a good ol' boy from Texas.

The footage is of the arrest, not what happened before the arrest.

And how often does the UAE apologise for a mistaken arrest? Don't bother googling it, it has never and will never happen.

iggle Jul 4th 2016 8:29 am

I have to question why anyone would want to dress in the National Clothes outside of UAE.

You are asking for trouble...Especially in Team USA who have ZERO tolerance for anyone who isn't white and blonde.

mission Jul 4th 2016 8:50 am

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 11993097)
The footage is of the arrest, not what happened before the arrest.

And how often does the UAE apologise for a mistaken arrest? Don't bother googling it, it has never and will never happen.

:goodpost:

apparently the UAE ambassador is asking for a formal apology to the dude. I think the receptionist should, at the very least, be given the boot.

Irishbeekeeper Jul 4th 2016 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 11993142)
People die in jails in the UAE.

I know an American who has not been allowed to leave for two years over a debt issue he already served time for and got written off by the lenders. Apparently his previous sponsor simply doesn't like him.

No doubt the US police were heavy handed but when you lose 3000 people in a single day to Muslim terrorists you get jittery.

The officials of the city have apologised for the incident as well. How many apologies have been given to women who report being raped and then jailed?

N.

you are comparing an apple with an apple mate
both forces in both countries are heavy handed as they have to be because both situations are almost the same, a small population has to keep a larger population in check
and the 3000 lost in a day were because jet fuel can melt reinforced steel beams...and cause another building to come down without a reason....and punch a hole in another building with a plane without any debris or bodies whatsoever.....yes....it was definitely muslims who did all that!
and ofcoruse the hundreds of thousands of lives lost in retaliatory invasions wouldnt be any reason for 'jitteriness' :thumbsup: