A Warning To Mothers

Old Dec 11th 2011, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default A Warning To Mothers

The story says it all...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-husband.html
Old Dec 11th 2011, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Warning To Mothers

Just more of the same inhuman behaviour by Dubai. The husband is certainly to blame but one would think the law would use common sense, understanding of the woman's situation and compassion.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

This mother is also a close personal relative of a fellow poster. Please be sensitive.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

_jon_ will become famous soon enough_jon_ will become famous soon enough

There are always two sides to every story.

I cannot count the number of acrimonious separations I have dealt with in the UK where the women, in the weaker financial position, use the child as a weapon against the husband.

Rarely have I seen those sides reversed.

Unless there is some protection issue for the child, they should not be used as a tool of hurt.

Unluckily for her, Dubai law appears to be on the male side.

The moral is, don't play a game as you would in the UK, when you're not in the UK.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by _jon_
There are always two sides to every story.

The moral is, don't play a game as you would in the UK, when you're not in the UK.
Surely the moral should be to act with decency and not to take advantage of a medieval concept of men owning women and children to play out your power game.

Revolting parenting.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 7:36 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Just more of the same inhuman behaviour by Dubai. The husband is certainly to blame but one would think the law would use common sense, understanding of the woman's situation and compassion.
Common sense??? Dubai laws???

NEVER the twain shall meet.....
Old Dec 11th 2011, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
Surely the moral should be to act with decency and not to take advantage of a medieval concept of men owning women and children to play out your power game.

Revolting parenting.
I own my wife and children (just don't tell my wife I said that....)
Old Dec 11th 2011, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Revolting parenting.
+ 1

This is nothing to do with Dubai/Islam or whatever or its rules - both knew the rules before coming/working.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 2:59 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Revolting parenting.
You say that as if divorcing parents are more mature in the UK. Fact is, they aren't. They're just as bad.

The only difference between the two countries is that in the UK the law is slanted towards the mother (and don't argue that, otherwise we'd see a 50/50 split between kids ending up with mothers and fathers -- the simple fact is we don't), while the in the UAE, it's slanted towards the father.

Either way, it's always going to be messy when parents break up - I've seen it on both sides.

BTW, that's not a comment on this case. That's just in general.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 6:40 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

Revolting parenting.
+100

surely the point is to not play games at ALL when it comes to kids and their happiness. What has he won exactly? His daughter's hate when she grows up and realises what her own father did? Abusing the archaic system to guarantee his triumph?

My husband comes from a bitter, nasty divorce where the dad forced the wife to pick one of their three kids to take back to the UK. Sophie's choice. He then sent my husband (not picked) to boarding school 2000 miles away and his sister (not picked) to live with his mother. I wonder what kind of "love" that was? No one won. Everyone now hurts. Well done that dad who used Indian laws favouring the male parent to do unspeakable damage to his family.

I could scream. Is this little girl looking forward to Christmas without her mum? Was it worth it?

God forbid I ever go through a divorce. But I really hope I look a my kids and make decent, humane, decisions involving my kids and their subsequent happiness.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 2:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

If anyone thinks that things like this don't happen in the UK then they need a good slap.

My parents split up and were separated for 9 years before divorcing. We had to have a court order in place which dictated the one night a week that Dad would be allowed to phone us at home and ask how school was going, every saturday seeing him from 10-8 and 3rd weekend of every month we got to stay until 4pm Sunday.

Now that seems ruthless but it gave them strict rules to adhere to. If they didn't have it then it would have been years longer of hassle, shit and my sister and I being used against to piss off the other parent.

There's too many folk who have lived the 2.4 children perfect life casting comment and judgement over this situation when frankly, they don't have a clue.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

I do have a clue, which is why i think that it is utterly appalling. I am not from a 2.4 family and am still severely locking horns with both my (divorced) parents in my late 30's.

However, ensuring that a child can never see the other parent at all is beyond pathetic and i hope that the families and social circles involved help both of them see sense. The court here won't.

Divorce can be horribly acrimonious BUT it doesn't mean that one should roll one's eyes and say, 'oh well, let them get on with it divorcing parents are always shit to each other'. People SHOULD be judged on this sort of rank, spiteful behaviour.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

The man is a scumbag. He doesn't "want" custody of the child - he simply wants to hurt his wife by depriving her of that.

Also - I notice they met and married after coming to live in Dubai - classic recipe for disaster...........
Old Dec 12th 2011, 8:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I do have a clue, which is why i think that it is utterly appalling. I am not from a 2.4 family and am still severely locking horns with both my (divorced) parents in my late 30's.

However, ensuring that a child can never see the other parent at all is beyond pathetic and i hope that the families and social circles involved help both of them see sense. The court here won't.

Divorce can be horribly acrimonious BUT it doesn't mean that one should roll one's eyes and say, 'oh well, let them get on with it divorcing parents are always shit to each other'. People SHOULD be judged on this sort of rank, spiteful behaviour.
I'm not saying it's alright or that this isn't a terrible situation, but why is this front page news? Stuff like this happens all the time, to both the mother AND the father.

Both sets of parents regularly use whatever they can to **** eachother over when it comes to getting / seeing the kids.

Who sold the story btw?
Old Dec 12th 2011, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

_jon_ will become famous soon enough_jon_ will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Dean
The man is a scumbag. He doesn't "want" custody of the child - he simply wants to hurt his wife by depriving her of that.
Reading the story it actually appears is SHE began the 'scumbag' type behaviour.

As I said, no parent should be denied access to their child unless they are at risk from that parent. Perhaps he just used the tools available to ensure he saw his child, it just so happens he is in a country that gives him a very big stick compared to her twig.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.