Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Warning about Take-Away's ......

Warning about Take-Away's ......

Old Jun 16th 2009, 3:51 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Warning about Take-Away's ......

Originally Posted by FunnyFeline
It really makes you think. Thanks for posting this Smooch! It is certainly a wake-up call...!
makes you think what...that you are never going to have a take away dinner anymore?
yeah, I feel sorry for the parents, it's horrible what happened, but are we really going to change our habits after this...I doubt it.
I imagine there is a massive amount of take aways being eaten day in day out and normally no one dies from it, you have more chance of being involved in a carcrash I reckon, and still we are on the roads every day.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 3:53 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
makes you think what...that you are never going to have a take away dinner anymore?
yeah, I feel sorry for the parents, it's horrible what happened, but are we really going to change our habits after this...I doubt it.
I imagine there is a massive amount of take aways being eaten day in day out and normally no one dies from it, you have more chance of being involved in a carcrash I reckon, and still we are on the roads every day.
exactly....****ing kneejerk drama queens
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Dry as Dust has a spectacular aura aboutDry as Dust has a spectacular aura aboutDry as Dust has a spectacular aura about

This news story seems very strange to me. It is very odd that three people should contract food poisoning from a takeaway, which results in the death of two of them, and yet there are no other reported incidents.

The speed with which the authorities jump to conclusions as to cause and effect, probably without thorough investigation, is a worry.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:52 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dry as Dust
This news story seems very strange to me. It is very odd that three people should contract food poisoning from a takeaway, which results in the death of two of them, and yet there are no other reported incidents.

The speed with which the authorities jump to conclusions as to cause and effect, probably without thorough investigation, is a worry.
I disagree. The meal would have been individually prepared for the three customers, two of whom were young children. The only survivor was the adult. Don't see any "jumping to conclusions" where lives are possibly at risk through poor hygiene or food storage. The authorities were right to act promptly, thereby possibly saving more lives.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Dry as Dust has a spectacular aura aboutDry as Dust has a spectacular aura aboutDry as Dust has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by lionheart
I disagree. The meal would have been individually prepared for the three customers, two of whom were young children. The only survivor was the adult. Don't see any "jumping to conclusions" where lives are possibly at risk through poor hygiene or food storage. The authorities were right to act promptly, thereby possibly saving more lives.
Except that closing the outlet if it isn't the cause will save no lives, and failing to look for other potential sources will endanger more.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dry as Dust
Except that closing the outlet if it isn't the cause will save no lives, and failing to look for other potential sources will endanger more.
Aren't you jumping to the conclusion that they are "failing to look for other potential sources" ??

I agree with Lion heart I'm afraid - if it was seafood for example, it would only have taken one rotten prawn to spread the bacteria around that meal and children would obviously be hit much harder than adults.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

expatwoman wants every takeaway closed immediately

*except the lime tree
Old Jun 16th 2009, 5:34 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

ok folks lets be honest about this. Who hasnt had a dose of the runs in Dubai?

I reckon i probably know someone personally who has got sick from almost every so called good restraunt in dubai.
my personal nemesis is any rotana restraunt serioulsy shite food and upset stomach every time to he point where i now refuse any invitation to dine there regardless of who i piss off
Coconut grove I love but seems to practically kill anyone else i go with, must be immune to their particular bug.

if they are going to close places on hygene grounds they might as well close the city down
Old Jun 16th 2009, 5:56 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva

I reckon i probably know someone personally who has got sick from almost every so called good restraunt in dubai.
my personal nemesis is any rotana restraunt serioulsy shite food and upset stomach every time to he point where i now refuse any invitation to dine there regardless of who i piss off
Coconut grove I love but seems to practically kill anyone else i go with, must be immune to their particular bug.

if they are going to close places on hygene grounds they might as well close the city down
I suffered for weeks after going to the Grove. Food was nice, mind. NEver had a problem with Ravis, though.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva

A generous supplement of alcohol at these places usually kills most of the bugs.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 7:08 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
A generous supplement of alcohol at these places usually kills most of the bugs.
thats my theory as well
Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:38 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smoochy Girl
In case you didn't hear about this:

quote:

A terribly sad story has just come about a colleague of mine. Like 3 weeks ago when a young sharjah girl passed away from food poisioning, this colleague had both her children die over the weekend, also of food poisioning. They ordered chinese take out from a restaurant near the airport and by 9pm all of them were sick. They went to the hospital, but were sent home being told that all would be ok. By the next day both the 5 and 7 year olds had died.

unquote

Turns out the restaurant involved was The Lotus Garden........ and The National has an article this morning which scared the shi* out of me; turns out that most places here SWITCH OF THEIR FRIDGES to save electricity overnight

Thank God we're veggies in this house and we do NOT order junk food of any sort. To lose two kids like that - My God ................. how sad
I cannot believe you beat Lionheart posting this one
Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:56 pm

diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

is it true that the mother died too?
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:29 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
expatwoman wants every takeaway closed immediately

*except the lime tree
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:48 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diablo
is it true that the mother died too?
they are dropping like flies around here...
what's up with people deleting their accounts...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.