British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Vu, Emirates Towers... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/vu-emirates-towers-618386/)

TGFKASE Jul 5th 2009 9:20 am

Vu, Emirates Towers...

Been reading a few sites' reviews of this place and it seems to be hit and miss...

Never sure whether the bad reviews are from customers and the good ones from management/staff of the place, so...

Your thoughts, oh learned bored, on said establishment....

commander Jul 5th 2009 9:28 am

Re: Vu, Emirates Towers...

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7724898)
Been reading a few sites' reviews of this place and it seems to be hit and miss...

Never sure whether the bad reviews are from customers and the good ones from management/staff of the place, so...

Your thoughts, oh learned bored, on said establishment....

I thought it was lovely when i was there, apart from being at the next table to the England captain John Terry.

Money simply cannot buy you class, what a faaaaaaaakin ficck laaaaandon twat.

food was good

Euc- Jul 5th 2009 9:32 am

Been there, didn't like it. Food was ok, just that, service was shite, same like Gorden Ramsay's at Hilton Creek.

TGFKASE Jul 5th 2009 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Euc- (Post 7724919)
Been there, didn't like it. Food was ok, just that, service was shite, same like Gorden Ramsay's at Hilton Creek.

Ive been reading that in other reviews....

Don't mind dropping some coin if its worth it, but HATE paying over the odds for ok service/food etc...

MataHari Jul 5th 2009 9:39 am

been there...it's ok, expensive...much prefer Neos at The Adress...it's on the 63 floor if you're going for the view...
Although they both don't seem like your kind of place (and I don't mean that in a bad way)...

TGFKASE Jul 5th 2009 9:41 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7724935)
been there...it's ok, expensive...much prefer Neos at The Adress...it's on the 63 floor if you're going for the view...
Although they both don't seem like your kind of place (and I don't mean that in a bad way)...

So how exactly DID you mean it??????:sneaky:

Autonomy Jul 5th 2009 9:43 am

went for a business dinner - thought it was very good - food was pretty good to high quality.

not sure would go for romantic type dinner though....

MataHari Jul 5th 2009 9:45 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7724940)
So how exactly DID you mean it??????:sneaky:

I meant it in the best possible way...

TGFKASE Jul 5th 2009 9:48 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7724954)
I meant it in the best possible way...

...uhuh, elaborate, please....:sneaky:

MataHari Jul 5th 2009 9:50 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7724958)
...uhuh, elaborate, please....:sneaky:

oh jeez...like a dog with a bone now...

you'd kinda need to dress up for them...

TGFKASE Jul 5th 2009 9:51 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7724963)
oh jeez...like a dog with a bone now...

you'd kinda need to dress up for them...

...meaning....what, exactly....:sneaky:

Euc- Jul 5th 2009 9:54 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7724927)
Ive been reading that in other reviews....

Don't mind dropping some coin if its worth it, but HATE paying over the odds for ok service/food etc...

I would go somewhere else.. I've only been to Neos for some drinks, its nice, no idea about the food though (Do they have any? Didn't see, was late anyway).

I'm used to dine out in (and work in) Michelin starred restaurants in Europe, and for the right restaurant prepared to travel (once drove to the Elzas in France just to have lunch at a 3 starred restaurant: L'Arnsbourg). But I didn't find anything remotely comparable to it in Dubai, most of the time the food is good, sometimes great I dare to say, but almost always the service is really bad. Getting tired of the Philippino/Indian staff.

Not being racist or something, but a lot of restaurants here think serving people is like teaching a monkey a trick, while it is so much more than that! Exceptions to the rule which I found so far are Zuma and Lemongrass.

MataHari Jul 5th 2009 9:55 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7724967)
...meaning....what, exactly....:sneaky:

oh just go ok!

TGFKASE Jul 5th 2009 9:55 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7724973)
oh just go ok!

Don't think I shall. now....

MataHari Jul 5th 2009 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Euc- (Post 7724971)
I would go somewhere else.. I've only been to Neos for some drinks, its nice, no idea about the food though (Do they have any? Didn't see, was late anyway).

I'm used to dine out in (and work in) Michelin starred restaurants in Europe, and for the right restaurant prepared to travel (once drove to the Elzas in France just to have lunch at a 3 starred restaurant: L'Arnsbourg). But I didn't find anything remotely comparable to it in Dubai, most of the time the food is good, sometimes great I dare to say, but almost always the service is really bad. Getting tired of the Philippino/Indian staff.

Not being racist or something, but a lot of restaurants here think serving people is like teaching a monkey a trick, while it is so much more than that! Exceptions to the rule which I found so far are Zuma and Lemongrass.

they serve food at Neos but it's more like bite size type stuff, not real dinner...
Zuma is nice...Lemongrass I go to a lot, but that is a completely different type of place altogether...