A Vow of Silence...

Old Aug 30th 2009, 7:09 pm
  #1  
Powered by cows
Thread Starter
 
Autonomy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: currently Dubai, ex UK
Posts: 4,581
Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default A Vow of Silence...

Dubai's "build it and they'll come" philosophy is famously eye-popping. You have the symbols of excess: the palm-shaped villa compounds in the sea, or the planet's tallest skyscraper. But those are as nothing compared with plans that have yet to take shape.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...e-working.html
Autonomy is offline  
Old Aug 30th 2009, 8:18 pm
  #2  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,553
The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Vow of Silence...

Originally Posted by Autonomy View Post
Dubai's "build it and they'll come" philosophy is famously eye-popping. You have the symbols of excess: the palm-shaped villa compounds in the sea, or the planet's tallest skyscraper. But those are as nothing compared with plans that have yet to take shape.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...e-working.html
The comment about Nakheel's bond price is completely misleading -all bond prices tend towards 100 as they approach maturity. If they didn't (e.g. due to lack of confidence in the ability of the issuer to repay), but then they DID repay, the arbitrageurs would clean up.
The Dean is offline  
Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:01 am
  #3  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,028
lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Vow of Silence...

Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
The comment about Nakheel's bond price is completely misleading -all bond prices tend towards 100 as they approach maturity. If they didn't (e.g. due to lack of confidence in the ability of the issuer to repay), but then they DID repay, the arbitrageurs would clean up.
Would you kindly explain to us laymen what arbitrage is all about?
lionheart is offline  
Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:11 am
  #4  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,553
The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Vow of Silence...

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
Would you kindly explain to us laymen what arbitrage is all about?
Tonight - I'm off to the office where BE is blocked.
The Dean is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.