Visa question

Old Jun 9th 2021, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Wiggysam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa question

Hi everyone. My wife's Qatar saga has taken another turn. Her current employer are refusing to pass her Qatari ID on to her new employer, sorry I don't know the correct terms.
Internationsl staff need to work 4 years in the company for this to happen and as my wife has only been there for 2 there's nothing she can do about it seemingly. They are cancelling her and our children's ID's on the 24th of this month.
Anyway as a result she believes she now has to leave Qatar over the Summer and return in August to begin her new job and be issued with ID. firstly could someone tell me if this true. I believe there is a 30 day grace period after your ID expires but as she starts her new job at least 50 days after the 24th she thinks she's got to leave.
Which brings me to my actual question,sorry. When my wife went to Qatar in 2019 the kids followed about a year later as dependants. However our son is now 18. If he has to leave Qatar later this month I'm assuming he wont be classed as a dependent as we try to return. Is this correct and if so is there another visa etc he could apply for?

Thanks again
Old Jun 9th 2021, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Visa question

1. If her existing employer is cancelling her QID then she will need to leave the country whilst her new employer applies for a new work visa. She will then come on this new visa and subsequently get a new QID, though chances are it will have the same QID number. Btw no objection certificates (NOC) are no longer needed when changing employers in Qatar, this new rule has been in place for the last year or two.

2. Sorry can't help wrt dependents, might be worth asking the PRO in the existing and/or new company to get clarification on what kind of visa (if required) would be necessary for your 18 y/o son.