Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Virgin Atlantic Tickets - when to buy?

Virgin Atlantic Tickets - when to buy?

Old Aug 22nd 2016, 5:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Virgin Atlantic Tickets - when to buy?

Anyone know if Virgin atlantic usually have a ticket sale between now and Christmas. Thinking of giving them a try for flying home this Christmas.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 6:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Virgin Atlantic Tickets - when to buy?

Sorry, no idea.

Although like you I've been thinking of different ways of getting home. KLM business class to Schipol and then to Southampton (20mins from Mum) is only marginally more expensive than Emirates economy to Heathrow...
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Sorry, no idea.

Although like you I've been thinking of different ways of getting home. KLM business class to Schipol and then to Southampton (20mins from Mum) is only marginally more expensive than Emirates economy to Heathrow...
I'm looking at Virgin business class. had enough of emirates/qantas cattle class.

Last edited by Inselaffen; Aug 22nd 2016 at 6:24 am. Reason: Checked KLM and business to Schipol is more expensive than Virgin
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I'm looking at Virgin business class. had enough of emirates/qantas cattle class.
Virgin premium economy is decent.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
Virgin premium economy is decent.
might do that on the way and business on the way back. then I know for future trips
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 7:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

might do that on the way and business on the way back. then I know for future trips
Virgin economy but with the extra leg room (not sure it was premium) was actually alright.

The only thing I didn't like was the entertainment system, but that's where Emirates are in their own league.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Virgin economy but with the extra leg room (not sure it was premium) was actually alright.

The only thing I didn't like was the entertainment system, but that's where Emirates are in their own league.
Flew Emirates (booked through Qantas) back from LHR in July in Economy. The plane was incredibly stuffy, food disgusting and service terrible. The flight out on a Qantas plane had been far better.

really tempted to splash out to get more comfort and price wise the best 2 options seem to be BA or Virgin.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 8:50 am
Account Closed

Flew Emirates (booked through Qantas) back from LHR in July in Economy. The plane was incredibly stuffy, food disgusting and service terrible. The flight out on a Qantas plane had been far better.

really tempted to splash out to get more comfort and price wise the best 2 options seem to be BA or Virgin.
I've had two bad Emirates booked flights. 1 was a Qantas flight to LHR and the service was dog shit. 2 was coming back from KL on Emirates and the service was dog shit. It didn't help that we hit turbulence and were sat near a galley and the hosties were sat SCREAMING a conversation to each other for about 2 hours...

Otherwise I can't complain about Emirates at all, service is normally great and there's plenty of leg room (being over 6ft this is really important).
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 8:53 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

I've had two bad Emirates booked flights. 1 was a Qantas flight to LHR and the service was dog shit. 2 was coming back from KL on Emirates and the service was dog shit. It didn't help that we hit turbulence and were sat near a galley and the hosties were sat SCREAMING a conversation to each other for about 2 hours...

Otherwise I can't complain about Emirates at all, service is normally great and there's plenty of leg room (being over 6ft this is really important).
I bet they were talking about the 3sum with the captain the previous night
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, Virgin premium economy is more than adequate.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine said Turkish was really good and cheap as a business class option, ok you have to change at Istanbul but worth a look at.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
A friend of mine said Turkish was really good and cheap as a business class option, ok you have to change at Istanbul but worth a look at.
more expensive than direct with BA or Virgin
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 9:14 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Why not make it your yearly flight home?
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Just got an email saying BA have a sale on....

I do like Virgin and Premium Economy used to be great value but when I looked last time there was quite a difference between Cattle Class and Premium economy.

Etihad from AD are also worth a look. Quite often a good chunk cheaper than Emirates. You can check in on SZR and then have a few beers in longs before jumping on the bus. IMO they're better than Emirates too.

Generally I seem to fly KLM these days tho. Mainly because I can get a few days stopover in the dam but also because they're generally cheap and are slightly better than BA and without the 50 something menopausal swamp beasts BA called stewardesses.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Just got an email saying BA have a sale on....

I do like Virgin and Premium Economy used to be great value but when I looked last time there was quite a difference between Cattle Class and Premium economy.

Etihad from AD are also worth a look. Quite often a good chunk cheaper than Emirates. You can check in on SZR and then have a few beers in longs before jumping on the bus. IMO they're better than Emirates too.

Generally I seem to fly KLM these days tho. Mainly because I can get a few days stopover in the dam but also because they're generally cheap and are slightly better than BA and without the 50 something menopausal swamp beasts BA called stewardesses.
Thanks. Checked BA and their sale price is no better than the price I checked with them last week
Would love to use Etihad but their fare is more than double BA or Virgin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.