Violence in the UK

Old Jul 2nd 2009, 5:35 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Violence in the UK

Having read this article (albeit in a Tory rag), Shadya wonders if the UK is a safe place to visit. What does the team think?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html?ITO=1490
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 5:40 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Violence in the UK

oh jeez...
no, I think you should stay indoors and never enture out again, just to be on the safe side.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 5:41 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Having read this article (albeit in a Tory rag), Shadya wonders if the UK is a safe place to visit. What does the team think?
I watched a few episodes of Crimewatch the other night and was absolutely shocked at the level of violent crimes being committed in the UK. There will always be crime around the world but the violence involved in British crime was really bad. BUT I think you will be safe enough, at the end of the day to become a victim of crime is rare.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Shat Fink will become famous soon enough

I went back to the UK fairly recently - didnt get stabbed!

Result!

Even went out after dark and everything
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 5:44 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I watched a few episodes of Crimewatch the other night and was absolutely shocked at the level of violent crimes being committed in the UK. There will always be crime around the world but the violence involved in British crime was really bad. BUT I think you will be safe enough, at the end of the day to become a victim of crime is rare.
Why would you watch that when you're in the UAE, BC? For entertainment?

Sensationalist rubbish from the likes of the Mail and Crimewatch would have you believe there is anarchy on the streets in the UK. It gives the curtain-twitchers something to indignantly splutter on their cornflakes on when they read the paper at breakfast.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 5:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shat Fink

Result!

I used to think that certain areas of the UK were safer than others, following that Crimewatch programme I have changed my mind! wouldn't stop me visiting, it's other things that stop that.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 5:45 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Result!

you must try harder next time...
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 5:49 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh jeez...
no, I think you should stay indoors and never enture out again, just to be on the safe side.
It wasn't meant to be a serious question...I think Nairobi at night is probably a little more more dangerous than Bognor Regis.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about

Result!

You obviously did not go to a town who's name begins with midsummer then.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 5:52 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't meant to be a serious question...I think Nairobi at night is probably a little more more dangerous than Bognor Regis.
Well exactly. People need to get some perspective.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 5:52 am
hmmmm...nice

oh....well, it's hard to tell from your posts how you actually see the world around you...but I am glad to hear it
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Shat Fink will become famous soon enough

***HOT NEWS***

Just spoke to a friend back in the UK. They havent been stabbed either!

Things are looking up!
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Heh.

Ignoramus story of the day:

Started my new job a few weeks ago, had a "team lunch" at the pub. One girl was leaving for a trip to Europe. One of the regular older ladies here goes "Oh youre not going to Croatia are you???" She replies that she isn't. The other girl with us snaps out "Whats wrong with Croatia???" (Shes Croatian). The lady says "Oh thats good. One less thing to worry about. Just look at what happened to that Australian girl over there. Better if Australians didn't go there."
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

two blokes throwing Handbags in England on a Friday night will be classed as a violent crime. A necklacing in Jo'burg will be classed as a violent crime.

I know which one worries me more.

people should stop reading that tory rag and read a better tory rag. buy the Torygraph like I do (or did when I could get it)
Old Jul 4th 2009, 5:38 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I think certain areas are definately bad but I feel very safe sitting in my local village country pub when I go back home.

That said I felt safer last time I was in the USA...mostly because the lady I was staying with had several guns in the house which would explain why her neighbourhood hadn't had a burglary in 10 years.

n.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.