Villas

Old Nov 19th 2018, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Villas

I've been looking to move out of my flat and into a villa. The dog and a pregnant wife are starting to force the situation of needing more space - all good.

What isn't good is the villas. I've lived all over dubai and am generally open minded to anywhere (within reasonable distance of DIFC) - so far as part of my search, I've looked at:

- Ranches : villas starting to age, community very congested compared to when I lived there before - a bit pricey still considering the age. Everyone seems to hate each other while copying each other of course.
- Mudon : Fab looking, all leaked in the rain, "only another 6mins from the Ranches" (which means it's now 33minutes to anywhere and everywhere in Dubai.
- JVC : What the **** has happened there is beyond me
- Springs/Lakes etc : all old and shit. And it's the Springs.
- JVT : Passable villas, nice view of the powerlines
- Bada : Old villas but decent location, near city walk etc. AC bills insane due to old systems. Villas vacated so long ago even the roaches have died.
- Jumeriah 1 : Everything is ****ed. AC bills insane due to old systems
- Jumeriah 2: Almost everything is ****ed. AC bills insane due to old systems
- Jumeriah 3: Some of it is ****ed, the rest is expensive. AC bills insane due to old systems
- Soufouh: Miles away and the daily hell of SzR
- Mirdif: traffic in the evenings isn't improving despite the new turning being delivered
- Meydan: An oasis in a desert wasteland, no services at all.
- Suicide Oasis: Ageing, weird and trapped in the suicide belt of worker accommodation
- Falcon city of shit: Too big with crap access
- Villa: Too big with crap access

Saw a cracking brand new villa in satwa but it really was literally on satwa high street. I wanted it as it gave me multiple naan-bread, sharwarma and hand-job options for when the wife shuts down after birth. She didn't like the traffic.

Are there any decent villa communities in Dubai?
Old Nov 19th 2018, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Villas

Umm Suqeim?

Everyone has to compromise on something. I'd take the location and proximity to the beaches over anything in Dubailand.
Old Nov 19th 2018, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Umm Suqeim?

Everyone has to compromise on something. I'd take the location and proximity to the beaches over anything in Dubailand.
I agree, on the inland side of Al Wasl, near to Spinneys and Park and Rob, also in the future she can walk junior to JPS.

There are some "new" - under 5 years old - villas there too, also a load or recently revamped ones with new aircon, plumbing etc.

Somewhere around here https://tinyurl.com/ycgkmcds
Old Nov 19th 2018, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
I agree, on the inland side of Al Wasl, near to Spinneys and Park and Rob, also in the future she can walk junior to JPS.

There are some "new" - under 5 years old - villas there too, also a load or recently revamped ones with new aircon, plumbing etc.

Somewhere around here https://tinyurl.com/ycgkmcds
Thanks - will look into that area.
Old Nov 19th 2018, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Umm Suqeim?

Certainly agree with that. I'm not going to dubailand for sure.
Old Nov 19th 2018, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Arnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to behold

Al Bada'a, Jumeriah 1, 2 - loads of houses on their very last legs, expect a lot of construction work for years to come. Those that aren't (next to the canal) come at a premium. There's little in the way of community spirit either. Thought about Jumeriah Park? Modern houses with decent gardens, quiet streets due to no through roads and near to JLT, the Marina etc.
Old Nov 19th 2018, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Arnold S
Al Bada'a, Jumeriah 1, 2 - loads of houses on their very last legs, expect a lot of construction work for years to come. Those that aren't (next to the canal) come at a premium. There's little in the way of community spirit either. Thought about Jumeriah Park? Modern houses with decent gardens, quiet streets due to no through roads and near to JLT, the Marina etc.
It was going so well until you said, near to JLT and the Marina

I'm even considering one of the larger flats on the ground floor in the greens!
Old Nov 19th 2018, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Here's an interesting fact... and I've lost the link to the report.

More housing units are on-set for delivery over the next 2 years up to 2020 than were delivered in the period 2008-2017

Wow.
Old Nov 19th 2018, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
It was going so well until you said, near to JLT and the Marina

I'm even considering one of the larger flats on the ground floor in the greens!
The midrise blocks next to the lake (Tanaro? Arno?) have large flats with massive terraces. Don't need to be on the ground floor if you have a huge terrace. Your wife may enjoy having the Greens shopping centre to walk to with the baby. Pet friendly.

I do know someone who moved into a cheap villa in Umm Suqeim on a quiet lane with a empty plot next door. Landlord assured there were no development plans. Two months later, bulldozers moved in. A few weeks later the construction manager knocked on the door and said that he noticed the foundations of the villa seemed to be shaky and was worried that the construction could destablise it further.

I still wouldn't rule out Umm Suqeim. Shop around. Look carefully. Loads of nice villas and it's a renter's market. Just bargain hard.
Old Nov 19th 2018, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The midrise blocks next to the lake (Tanaro? Arno?) have large flats with massive terraces. Don't need to be on the ground floor if you have a huge terrace. Your wife may enjoy having the Greens shopping centre to walk to with the baby. Pet friendly

I still wouldn't rule out Umm Suqeim. Shop around. Look carefully. Loads of nice villas and it's a renter's market. Just bargain hard.
terrace doesn’t work. Dog needs to crap somewhere sensible.

Renters market indeed. 2016 a house that rented for 215k. On the market at 160. I just had 140 accepted - debating whether to sign. Will cut the agents fee at the last minute too.

Last edited by Millhouse; Nov 19th 2018 at 4:44 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

Green Community? Haven't been there in a while but always looked a nice place to live.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

We had a look up at Damac Hills (pretty much Mudon). Really liked it, albeit it's empty right now and there will be construction ongoing for quite a while yet by the looks of it.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Brains1983
We had a look up at Damac Hills (pretty much Mudon). Really liked it, albeit it's empty right now and there will be construction ongoing for quite a while yet by the looks of it.
I've looked at Damac NoFills. I found the villas a bit dark and gloomy (brown tinted windows doesn't help) - the one I looked at was back-to-back and I could literally have shared bathroom towels with my neighbours. I generally preferred Poodon over Damac NoFills. Some lovely open spaces in that area I must say.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Out of curiosity, what do you define as an insane AC bill?
Old Nov 20th 2018, 5:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by csdf
Out of curiosity, what do you define as an insane AC bill?
4000+ a month in summer.

I know of several in Jumeriah who get hit with 5-10k summer bills. I don't fancy that. In my mirdif mansion we hit 3800 which I though was toppy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.