British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Vettle doing just enough to keep title (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/vettle-doing-just-enough-keep-title-778725/)

rowell Nov 25th 2012 4:08 pm

Vettle doing just enough to keep title

Great race with vettle doing just enough, rain is coming!

rowell Nov 25th 2012 4:14 pm

Re: Vettle doing just enough to keep title

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 10400701)
Great race with vettle doing just enough, rain is coming!

Hamilton hits the front, brilliant

rowell Nov 25th 2012 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 10400708)
Hamilton hits the front, brilliant

Hamilton totally taken out

norsk Nov 25th 2012 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 10400718)
Hamilton totally taken out

the race sums up hamilton's season perfectly! anyway, good on vettel even though i dislike him...

captainflack Nov 26th 2012 9:03 am

Cracking race, bit of an anti-climax with the safety car at the end.

It was unbelievable that Vettel went from last to around 6th in the space of less than 10 laps. The RB is a decent car, but slippery track is a leveller. The TV coverage just completely missed that. Suddenly around lap 10 they notice he's up into 6th, and that was before most of the pit stops.

Really could have gone either way but in the end I think Vettel deserved it for a massive recovery drive from what looked like it might have been a race-ending accident that wasn't his fault.

Hamilton hasn't really got the credit he deserved this season. If you look at the races where he was on for wins or high points finishes and either got taken out, just broke down or had pitstop screw ups - he could quite possibly have been WC this year. If Merc are prepared to pay him top dollar, then they'd better spend a bit on their car because next year could be a cracker with Button / Hamilton / Alonso / Vettel / Raikonnen all in different teams and all capable of winning races.

Bahtatboy Nov 29th 2012 6:43 am

Or not...

Ferrari want to establish whether there is enough evidence to lodge a protest that, if successful, could overturn the result of the Formula 1 world championship.

They are "evaluating footage" that appears to show Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel making an illegal overtaking move in Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix.

Spain's Fernando Alonso lost the title by three points to his German rival.

But Vettel could lose four points if he is deemed to have broken the rules.
The likelihood of any protest being lodged or of any action being taken depends on whether Ferrari or the FIA can establish whether there was a green flag waving at that marshals' post at that time.

If there was, the case will be closed and no further action will be taken. If there was not a green flag, it is highly likely that the case will go before the FIA Court of Appeal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20531638

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 29th 2012 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10407148)
Or not...

Ferrari want to establish whether there is enough evidence to lodge a protest that, if successful, could overturn the result of the Formula 1 world championship.

They are "evaluating footage" that appears to show Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel making an illegal overtaking move in Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix.

The likelihood of any protest being lodged or of any action being taken depends on whether Ferrari or the FIA can establish whether there was a green flag waving at that marshals' post at that time.

If there was, the case will be closed and no further action will be taken. If there was not a green flag, it is highly likely that the case will go before the FIA Court of Appeal.

Such a tosser thing to do but completely fair if correct. World title or not it would be done in any other race.

Intersting to see what happens.

norsk Nov 29th 2012 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10407148)
Or not...

Despite not wanting Vettel to win in the first place I hope it does not get overturned. Even if they have cast-iron evidence this would be typical Alonso. If he whinges (spelling?) his way to the championship I will lose all respect for him..surely reasonable doubt goes in Vettel's favour (although with FIA and Ferrari anything is possible)..:sneaky:

norsk Nov 29th 2012 11:37 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20541589

thank **** for that..

Bahtatboy Nov 29th 2012 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by norsk (Post 10407505)

I don't think its over yet:

Ferrari have written to the FIA asking for official clarification of whether the German's overtake of Toro Rosso's Jean-Eric Vergne was legitimate.

The FIA has made it clear it believes the pass was legal but Ferrari have not yet received any official reply.
Ferrari's action is not the same as appealing against the race result.

So all Ferrari have done is sought clarification--seems they could still appeal.

Mind you, the BBC's commentary can be crap:

The 31-year-old Spaniard, world champion in 2005 and 2006 with Renault, on Tuesday posted a cryptic message on his Twitter account that appeared to relate to this incident.

He wrote in Spanish: "I don't believe in miracles. I make my miracles out of the correct rules."

Yeah, that's really cryptic.

norsk Nov 29th 2012 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10407571)
I don't think its over yet:

Ferrari have written to the FIA asking for official clarification of whether the German's overtake of Toro Rosso's Jean-Eric Vergne was legitimate.

The FIA has made it clear it believes the pass was legal but Ferrari have not yet received any official reply.
Ferrari's action is not the same as appealing against the race result.

So all Ferrari have done is sought clarification--seems they could still appeal.

Mind you, the BBC's commentary can be crap:

The 31-year-old Spaniard, world champion in 2005 and 2006 with Renault, on Tuesday posted a cryptic message on his Twitter account that appeared to relate to this incident.

He wrote in Spanish: "I don't believe in miracles. I make my miracles out of the correct rules."

Yeah, that's really cryptic.

The article has changed since I posted the link.

It now says; "The FIA has made it clear it believes the pass was legal but Ferrari have not yet received any official reply."

However I don't think they have a chance in hell. Alonso is a twat, no surprise there..