British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Very quick Good luck to Hello.kitty!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/very-quick-good-luck-hello-kitty-742122/)

Chris_m Dec 16th 2011 8:36 pm

Very quick Good luck to Hello.kitty!!!

As above, hope all goes well in the uk and merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and yours when it comes.

All the best Chris :D X

flares Dec 17th 2011 12:07 am

Re: Very quick Good luck to Hello.kitty!!!

Goodbye Hello Kitty

and good luck

You back in Glorious Sussex?

:thumbup:

Bob Dec 17th 2011 12:42 am

Good luck and don't be shy about BE :)

Millhouse Dec 17th 2011 7:57 am

Bye Kitty. Mini-Millhouse will miss the cakes...

soukie Dec 17th 2011 11:10 am

Best of luck with the move - I am in UK at the moment and loving all the sales before Christmas! Everything seems so much cheaper than UAE except petrol:frown:

Blue Cat Dec 17th 2011 12:38 pm

who is moving?

Millhouse Dec 17th 2011 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9793890)
who is moving?

Do you fancy a game of Cluedo for money?

Eva Dec 18th 2011 2:53 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9793986)
Do you fancy a game of Cluedo for money?

Bully.

Anyway HK, onwards and upwards as they say.
Another page,another chapter....
Good luck to you and your family,keep well and bakewell
Tart.Sorry that just spilled out-I though it was funny-or am I meringue?
(only Scottish people will get that)
and I knew I could risk it with you.Anyway, keep baking those
fantastic CUPCAKES- I've lost the website addy,can you repeat please?
xxxx

Hello.Kitty Dec 18th 2011 10:15 am

Awwww, thanks everyone!

Yes, we're back for good in Sunny Sussex and I have to say, I couldn't help but shed a happy tear when driving to Tescos with the beautiful winter sun streaming through the car windows. Tescos was pretty bad, but it still didn't stop me going a bit mad on bacon (4 twin packs for £12 - have some!) and sausages (3 packs for £6 - oh yeah!)... dribbling yet?

Master Kitty is having a few issues with trousers though - he seems hugely annoyed with anything that covers his ankles and won't even consider gloves. He'll learn... or not.

Still, in the face of most of my Dubai friends posting about how they're on the beach, we decided to follow suit. Rather bracing when it's only 1 degree outside, but beautiful sunny blue sky and no wind.

Happy days...

/reaches for the mulled wine :o

flares Dec 18th 2011 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 9794986)
Yes, we're back for good in Sunny Sussex

You lucky lucky people! Merry Xmas

lullabelle Dec 18th 2011 1:41 pm

mmmmmmm mulled wine

Mmmmmmm beach in winter with beachy smell

Mmmmmmm being able to buy bacon without crying at the price

It all sounds brilliant. Enjoy every moment and have a very, very merry Xmas.

xxx

OleJanx Dec 18th 2011 1:47 pm

Back for good? Ho hum! The number of times I've heard that from Gulfies...
It's a shame that after a while, you'll get disillusioned with the U.K. and will be scanning the "Overseas opportunities" parts of the job pages. I hope you enjoy your return to the U.K. though. The first six months are great, as you re-acclimatise, after that, you remember why you left in the first place; it will hit you like a ton of bricks. Well that's how I reacted, it may be different for you but I doubt it.
Enjoy it while you can.:)

Hello.Kitty Dec 18th 2011 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by OleJanx (Post 9795161)
Back for good? Ho hum! The number of times I've heard that from Gulfies...
It's a shame that after a while, you'll get disillusioned with the U.K. and will be scanning the "Overseas opportunities" parts of the job pages. I hope you enjoy your return to the U.K. though. The first six months are great, as you re-acclimatise, after that, you remember why you left in the first place; it will hit you like a ton of bricks. Well that's how I reacted, it may be different for you but I doubt it.
Enjoy it while you can.:)

"For good" is relative - "more than a 2 month stretch and with all the family together" is good enough for me. Still, I doubt very much that I will get bored of the place after 6 months - there's far to much to do if you look for it and to be honest, I'm actually looking forward to a bit of predictability.

Who knows what the future may hold, but in the mean-time, I'm happy to ry something I've never really done before - settle down somewhere!

OleJanx Dec 18th 2011 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 9795552)
"For good" is relative - "more than a 2 month stretch and with all the family together" is good enough for me. Still, I doubt very much that I will get bored of the place after 6 months - there's far to much to do if you look for it and to be honest, I'm actually looking forward to a bit of predictability.

Who knows what the future may hold, but in the mean-time, I'm happy to ry something I've never really done before - settle down somewhere!

I wish you the best of luck!
But as you say, who knows what the future brings? There is the tale of the old Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times!" I know I sound like a terrible pessimist, but I sincerely wish you well. Enjoy! The novelty DOES wear off, and suprisingly quickly....:)

Hello.Kitty Dec 19th 2011 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by OleJanx (Post 9795579)
I wish you the best of luck!
But as you say, who knows what the future brings? There is the tale of the old Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times!" I know I sound like a terrible pessimist, but I sincerely wish you well. Enjoy! The novelty DOES wear off, and suprisingly quickly....:)

Hehe - I actually meant to get that phrase written in arabic calligraphy to take home but ran out of time to organise it... it would have been a perfect souvenir as it sums up our entire Dubai stay!

Saying that, it'd be a bit nasty to have that greeting people in the hallway... maybe "May you never live in interesting times" is a more appropriate wish.