British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Very Nice Seafood Buffet (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/very-nice-seafood-buffet-620357/)

Shadya Jul 15th 2009 5:38 pm

Very Nice Seafood Buffet

We have just returned from a lovely seafood buffet with as much lobster and wine as you like for AED190 in a beautiful setting. Kids under six are free.

MataHari Jul 15th 2009 5:40 pm

Re: Very Nice Seafood Buffet

but you're keeping it a secret...

littlejimmy Jul 15th 2009 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7755387)
We have just returned from a lovely seafood buffet with as much lobster and wine as you like for AED190 in a beautiful setting. Kids under six are free.

Does it have a name?

Shadya Jul 15th 2009 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7755391)
but you're keeping it a secret...

Not sure if anyone was interested. Anyway, it was the Market Cafe at the Grand Hyatt...nice jungly setting and excellent food. Hubby was celebrating the signing of some Argie by his beloved football team.

Spugsy Jul 15th 2009 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7755432)
Not sure if anyone was interested. Anyway, it was the Market Cafe at the Grand Hyatt...nice jungly setting and excellent food. Hubby was celebrating the signing of some Argie by his beloved football team.

did you have chips?

Autonomy Jul 15th 2009 7:38 pm

cheapish or not...

Lionheart set foot in the Grand Hyatt.... *faints*

PS Glad you liked it

MacScot Jul 16th 2009 5:44 am

Is that the cafe with the indoor 'forest' and huge waterfall (water falling down chains) ? If so, the noise of the waterfall is so loud you can hardly hear each other when dining.

MataHari Jul 16th 2009 5:48 am

we are hugely interested in anything you post...

Roadking Jul 16th 2009 5:48 am

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 7756965)
Is that the cafe with the indoor 'forest' and huge waterfall (water falling down chains) ? If so, the noise of the waterfall is so loud you can hardly hear each other when dining.

Which ain't always a bad thing...

MataHari Jul 16th 2009 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7756976)
Which ain't always a bad thing...

exactly...maybe we should have our next BE night out there...

MacScot Jul 16th 2009 6:06 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7756978)
exactly...maybe we should have our next BE night out there...

LOL...but you would miss out on much of the latest gossip..

lionheart Jul 16th 2009 8:14 am

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 7756965)

Plenty of jungly stuff and ponds but couldn't see or hear any noisy waterfalls inside, only the ones outside. The only downside is that you have to queue at each of the many "live stations" to order your seafood and then queue again to collect it. MH would hate that I'm sure. :)
For Spugsy's benefit, there were no chips on view. We just had loads of tiger prawns, lobster, salmon, hamour and seafood paella with very little else...oh and I consumed a bottle of nice South African wine.

MacScot Jul 16th 2009 8:47 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7757245)
Plenty of jungly stuff and ponds but couldn't see or hear any noisy waterfalls inside, only the ones outside. The only downside is that you have to queue at each of the many "live stations" to order your seafood and then queue again to collect it. MH would hate that I'm sure. :)
For Spugsy's benefit, there were no chips on view. We just had loads of tiger prawns, lobster, salmon, hamour and seafood paella with very little else...oh and I consumed a bottle of nice South African wine.

They must have got rid of the large, noisy waterfall then. I looked up the Market Cafe and it is in the atrium with plants that I was thinking of.