Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Very disturbing movie............

Very disturbing movie............

Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:25 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Very disturbing movie............

Originally Posted by Spugsy
aye, was a bit harrowing like.
I enjoyed it though, that ugly bird who was the bridesmaid was well scary though! Lol is an excellent actress.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:26 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigtaff
No, no way. Corrie is horrendous, as are all soaps. It's so depressing!!! I think they are screened in the UK to take peoples minds of the fact that their own lives are dire but watching someone else's world fall apart because their husband is sleeping with their own mum perks them up a little
each to their own, I do watch the soaps but was some excellent dramas and documentaries as well, love Silent Witness and such like
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Its got the young lad in from one my of my favourite films of teh last few years 'This is England'.

I actually stopped watching it as it was just pretty horrible really.
I didn't find that as disturbing as Wolf Creek but it was quite hard to watch. I thought the young boy in This is England was great and when I saw the dedication to the memory of his mother in the end credits I had to check him out. I watched some of the original interviews by the film maker with him - he'd just seen the kid out and about and thought he'd suit the character. Some times that untrained raw talent really makes a movie.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I enjoyed it though, that ugly bird who was the bridesmaid was well scary though! Lol is an excellent actress.
i enjoyed it too, not as good as the film, mind...that girl is actually very attractive...

MM, xx
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:32 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

They all are, the lad from Emmerdale is great - the show was good but the film is superb. You should check out some of his other films (the director), dead mans shoes, once upon a time in the midlands, he's done some brilliant films.
Concierge

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i enjoyed it too, not as good as the film, mind...that girl is actually very attractive...
http://images.tvrage.com/people/114/...osamund+Hanson
MM, xx
has she lost two stone? they did a good job in make up!
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
http://images.tvrage.com/people/114/...osamund+Hanson
MM, xx
blimey...
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:33 am
Concierge

They all are, the lad from Emmerdale is great - the show was good but the film is superb. You should check out some of his other films (the director), dead mans shoes, once upon a time in the midlands, he's done some brilliant films.
Shane Meadows, yup I follow him on Twitter, I have seen once upon a time in the Midlands but can't remember dead man's shoes?
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:51 am
why ayeeeee man!

Shane Meadows, yup I follow him on Twitter, I have seen once upon a time in the Midlands but can't remember dead man's shoes?
it's got paddy constantine in who is one of the best British actors around, you should download it, it's amazing.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

each to their own, I do watch the soaps but was some excellent dramas and documentaries as well, love Silent Witness and such like
Silent Witness
Old Jan 6th 2011, 7:40 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Bigtaff
Silent Witness
yup two parter to watch tonight and the last episode of a three parter of Above Suspicion (Lynda le Plante drama)
Old Jan 8th 2011, 6:16 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
'Eden Lake' - anyone see it? It's just finished on Show Movies Action. Couple go off for weekend of camping by the lake in the woods.... get terrorised by gang of yobs.

It's British and utterly compelling.

Highly recommended, but not pretty to watch...........
Terrible film...stupid characters like the woman who has a chance to run off and get police help but instead sticks around almost the entire night while her boyfriend is tied up and tortured by the gang of yobs....her response? Get closer and send him a text message to alert the yobs

When I see films like this I can't help but say they all deserve to die!

Then again I'm the sort of person who doesn't go camping without weapons so films like this are just nonsense to me.

N.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Terrible film...stupid characters like the woman who has a chance to run off and get police help but instead sticks around almost the entire night while her boyfriend is tied up and tortured by the gang of yobs....her response? Get closer and send him a text message to alert the yobs

When I see films like this I can't help but say they all deserve to die!

Then again I'm the sort of person who doesn't go camping without weapons so films like this are just nonsense to me.

N.
Norm, since when did obvious 'loopholes' in the plot reduce the quality of a horror film?

Look at the first 'Nightmare on Elm Street' - a truly great film - you can lose count of the 'inconsistencies' in the story, but it doesn't detract from the power of the film.

If I have a quibble, it's the ending in which there's no redemption or salvation for anyone for any reason, but you still feel overwhelmed by the visual power of the film. Well, I do at least...........
Old Jan 8th 2011, 12:05 pm
Concierge

Norm, since when did obvious 'loopholes' in the plot reduce the quality of a horror film?

Look at the first 'Nightmare on Elm Street' - a truly great film - you can lose count of the 'inconsistencies' in the story, but it doesn't detract from the power of the film.

If I have a quibble, it's the ending in which there's no redemption or salvation for anyone for any reason, but you still feel overwhelmed by the visual power of the film. Well, I do at least...........
that was a superb movie
Old Jan 8th 2011, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

'Eden Lake' - anyone see it? It's just finished on Show Movies Action. Couple go off for weekend of camping by the lake in the woods.... get terrorised by gang of yobs.

It's British and utterly compelling.

Highly recommended, but not pretty to watch...........
Yep - saw this one when it first came out. It haunted me for a few days after as it just does not finish the way you'd expect - which i kind of liked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.