British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Venting Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/venting-thread-823017/)

Irishbeekeeper Mar 9th 2014 2:25 pm

Re: Venting Thread

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11165080)
You're kidding right?

When I stay at my Mum's house I smoke outside and bin the fag butts.

When I'm at the Mrs' parents place I just go without and don't smoke.

If someone asked to smoke inside my apartment I'd probably laugh in their face.

yes, INSIDE the house, he was looking around for an ashtray :thumbdown:
I mean, not to lie but I have a smoke with my pint as well, but thats only outside the house and I make sure the kids never get to see me and dont even get me started on the passive smoking issues!

btw the same idiot then later on asked for a set of keys to my house, reason being : oh you know so you dont have to get up and open the door when I stumble home at 'a$$hole' o clock in the morning.....the missus just looked at him and said 'dont bother coming home on those nights then' :rofl::rofl:

*she scares me sometimes :o

Irishbeekeeper Mar 9th 2014 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by OleJanx (Post 11165133)
My absolute all time favorite gripe from visiting relatives was "can't you shut up the mosques?"
Err, you're welcome to try, but let me get as far away as possible....:D

:rofl::rofl:
your reply should be...ofcourse you can, why dont you go to the police station to complain about it? oh and take your passport along with you...you might need it :thumbsup:

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 9th 2014 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11165157)
yes, INSIDE the house, he was looking around for an ashtray :thumbdown:
I mean, not to lie but I have a smoke with my pint as well, but thats only outside the house and I make sure the kids never get to see me and dont even get me started on the passive smoking issues!

btw the same idiot then later on asked for a set of keys to my house, reason being : oh you know so you dont have to get up and open the door when I stumble home at 'a$$hole' o clock in the morning.....the missus just looked at him and said 'dont bother coming home on those nights then' :rofl::rofl:

*she scares me sometimes :o

Mental. Some people genuinely don't realise why they can be seen as rude though, that's what baffles me.

Still, Mum probably hates me being home making mess and smoking etc. I just assume she enjoys getting to be a mummy again.

Meow Mar 10th 2014 12:19 pm

I get fed up with people who keep saying "that's not like the UK" or "we don't have that at home" as if being different was somehow wrong. Do they need reminding that we used to live in the UK and know what it's like?

OriginalSunshine Mar 10th 2014 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11166243)
I get fed up with people who keep saying "that's not like the UK" or "we don't have that at home" as if being different was somehow wrong. Do they need reminding that we used to live in the UK and know what it's like?

well, erm, not really.... my dad got all snitty with me one day as we went to carrefour and looking for sauces for his dinner.... I don't use sauce, whereas he buys tin so we have a fundamental problem there in that i'm not trying to be difficult, but when you cannot eat tomatoes and haven't done for years, I have no freaking idea what kind of tomato mush he needs

"well, I just need something the same as the Lloyd Grossman (sp?) sauce" [said in snitty tone]

erm??? wtf is that then???

he just thinks I'm trying to be mean or something when I seriously have no freaking clue wtf he is on about sometimes.....

Blue Cat Mar 10th 2014 12:29 pm

:goodpost:

Meow Mar 10th 2014 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine (Post 11166251)
well, erm, not really.... my dad got all snitty with me one day as we went to carrefour and looking for sauces for his dinner.... I don't use sauce, whereas he buys tin so we have a fundamental problem there in that i'm not trying to be difficult, but when you cannot eat tomatoes and haven't done for years, I have no freaking idea what kind of tomato mush he needs

"well, I just need something the same as the Lloyd Grossman (sp?) sauce" [said in snitty tone]

erm??? wtf is that then???

he just thinks I'm trying to be mean or something when I seriously have no freaking clue wtf he is on about sometimes.....

How can some one wanting a sauce in a jar be snotty about that? #foodsnob

Why do people expect that products in stores here would be just like in the UK or wherever they came from? That mystifies me.

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 10th 2014 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11166267)

Why do people expect that products in stores here would be just like in the UK or wherever they came from? That mystifies me.

Snap.

I'm just disappointed that my childhood/young adulthood favourite - bellybuttons (stuffed tortellini things to you folk) are outrageously expensive here :thumbdown:

Irishbeekeeper Mar 10th 2014 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine (Post 11166251)

:drinkingpals:

you and me both buddy
I wonder if our sons will look at us the same way or not?
Although I do try and be as communicative as I can with them...but still, sometimes it makes me think that this is a never ending cycle

shiva Mar 10th 2014 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11166346)
:drinkingpals:

you and me both buddy
I wonder if our sons will look at us the same way or not?
Although I do try and be as communicative as I can with them...but still, sometimes it makes me think that this is a never ending cycle

Pretty sure it's just the cycle of life

Either that or at some point you think "**** it I had to put up with this shit now it's someone else's turn"

Alexa Mar 10th 2014 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11166267)

They should come to Spinney's over here...all they have is Tesco stuff. :eek:

mikewot Mar 11th 2014 3:29 am

I get fed up with people who keep saying "that's not like the UK" or "we don't have that at home" as if being different was somehow wrong.

Perhaps in the same mould as those who go to Spain etc. and look for "English fish & chips" and Watneys Red Barrel. Why bother leaving UK? Just go to Bognor or Skegness.