Venting Thread

Old Mar 4th 2014, 12:38 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Venting Thread

Originally Posted by Alexa
Hang on...YOU are a shit because you get upset at people effing your stuff up ??? Eh ???? Now, here is what I have learned from my neighbours. If you want something done, pay extra for it. If they mess you about, be harsh with them. Apparently that is how it's done in the home country.
well truth be told, Ive only been here a year and a half now and I learnt that very quickly indeed...you want a problem solved, throw money and insults at it

having had made numerous complaints to the building's service provider for AC ineffectiveness and no headway, I just caught one of their technicians downstairs one day and slipped him a 50, same evening him and another guy were working overtime to fix the problem, which was solved in record time and now I have his cell number so now I dont need to call the services department and try and explain my 'loqaition' to them
Old Mar 9th 2014, 7:45 am

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

it seems like all the powers in the world are grinding this huge vat of man-turd and instead of centrifugal force taking it outwards, the shit is flowing inwards and I am in the center of it all and no matter what I do...im covered in it..and if I open my mouth...well you know!

bah, such is life man, we make our plans and life comes along and drops other people in it, wouldnt life be much better if there werent any people in it?

why do people need to be drama queens? why cant your statement of fact can be taken just as it was....a fact that was stated in an even tone to the other person's face pointing out that the other person doesnt know what he is talking about!!

and yes its me dad again, lord knows I love him but garh!!!
Old Mar 9th 2014, 11:00 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
it seems like all the powers in the world are grinding this huge vat of man-turd and instead of centrifugal force taking it outwards, the shit is flowing inwards and I am in the center of it all and no matter what I do...im covered in it..and if I open my mouth...well you know!

bah, such is life man, we make our plans and life comes along and drops other people in it, wouldnt life be much better if there werent any people in it?

why do people need to be drama queens? why cant your statement of fact can be taken just as it was....a fact that was stated in an even tone to the other person's face pointing out that the other person doesnt know what he is talking about!!

and yes its me dad again, lord knows I love him but garh!!!
my folks arrive tuesday morning for 3 weeks. I shall probably be abusing drugs and alcohol by about a week on tuesday.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 11:08 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
my folks arrive tuesday morning for 3 weeks. I shall probably be abusing drugs and alcohol by about a week on tuesday.
One set of the in-laws left v early this morning. I actually quite like them but they drive us mad and even Mr Meow was losing it yesterday.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 11:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by shiva
Mummy's coming for four days in April and I'm really looking forward to it.

Shame it's followed by my Mrs' Dad and his son who is probably about 11 or 12 (her half-brother). That combo in a one bed (albeit a very big one) for 6 days is going to be painful I think.

Today my vent is being placated. The same idiots (despite being "colleagues") who don't answer calls and emails and questions, who can't make decisions it seems and who don't seem bothered about anything they deem urgent until the last minute have made me happy by making me some money. SO I shouldn't really complain but I could be making lots more if they pulled their finger out and listened to sensible suggestions instead of thinking they know best when they categorically don't.

"Yeah, let's just put this guy forward for client approval without agreeing a package, just don't tell him we've done that"

You ****ing what?
Old Mar 9th 2014, 12:00 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
One set of the in-laws left v early this morning. I actually quite like them but they drive us mad and even Mr Meow was losing it yesterday.
Absolutely.

I love my folks and don't particularly hate my inlaws but anything over 3-4 days has me frothing at the mouth
Old Mar 9th 2014, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

At least you can leave them in one wing of your palace....It never ceases to amaze me how willing visitors are to stay up beyond midnight when we both have work tomorrow and are sleeping in the lounge so they can have our bedroom...just go to ****ing bed so I can sleep.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 12:24 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
"Yeah, let's just put this guy forward for client approval without agreeing a package, just don't tell him we've done that"

You ****ing what?
so annoys me when folks do that - make up my CV based on my linked in profile and then get arsey because I'm not interested in the job and they keep pushing and then let slip the client is really interested in me..... erm, and why would that be?! ffs.

best guy I've spoken to has offered interviews, heard what I'm looking for, and gone "nah, yeah, you shouldn't bother, but can I get back to you when I find something that is better than what you have?" hell yes.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 12:29 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
At least you can leave them in one wing of your palace....It never ceases to amaze me how willing visitors are to stay up beyond midnight when we both have work tomorrow and are sleeping in the lounge so they can have our bedroom...just go to ****ing bed so I can sleep.
tell them that. or ask if you can use the bedroom. or put them up in the lounge. I fell out with my father the first time he visited us and he was treating us like a hotel because we had a maid. dropping wet towels around etc. one day he got through 4. We lived in the rainforest so it's not as though you could wash and dry things quickly like here. It could take days to dry. he threw a paddy because I wouldn't give him another towel. I pointed out the only dry clean-ish ones left were the ones me & mr were using. I told him to use the brand new clean one he had taken to the pool earlier. Turns out he had left it on the bathroom floor. So I told him it was his problem, but he wasn't getting any more clean towels, and we were not a hotel, we were just a couple with normal number of towels. so he went to the beach with a wet towel and a sour face. My mother of course found it hilarious.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 12:30 pm
womble

then they would keep us up late drinking wine, and then get arsey because we were tired in the evenings, when they were sleeping in until 10am whereas we were up at 6am to go to work with hangovers and hadn't spent all day at the beach/pool.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
so annoys me when folks do that - make up my CV based on my linked in profile and then get arsey because I'm not interested in the job and they keep pushing and then let slip the client is really interested in me..... erm, and why would that be?! ffs.

best guy I've spoken to has offered interviews, heard what I'm looking for, and gone "nah, yeah, you shouldn't bother, but can I get back to you when I find something that is better than what you have?" hell yes.

tell them that. or ask if you can use the bedroom. or put them up in the lounge. I fell out with my father the first time he visited us and he was treating us like a hotel because we had a maid. dropping wet towels around etc. one day he got through 4. We lived in the rainforest so it's not as though you could wash and dry things quickly like here. It could take days to dry. he threw a paddy because I wouldn't give him another towel. I pointed out the only dry clean-ish ones left were the ones me & mr were using. I told him to use the brand new clean one he had taken to the pool earlier. Turns out he had left it on the bathroom floor. So I told him it was his problem, but he wasn't getting any more clean towels, and we were not a hotel, we were just a couple with normal number of towels. so he went to the beach with a wet towel and a sour face. My mother of course found it hilarious.

then they would keep us up late drinking wine, and then get arsey because we were tired in the evenings, when they were sleeping in until 10am whereas we were up at 6am to go to work with hangovers and hadn't spent all day at the beach/pool.
This is the one that bugs me the most.

My mrs' Dad actually let her blow up the airbed, get into it and fall asleep (she gets up at about 5:30) before noticing what was happening, noticing that it was gone midnight and even considering going to bed.

I don't want people to feel like they have to be locked in the bedroom but jeeze.

He asked me how much a two-bed place was, I told him the price difference was about £3,500 a year. He didn't think that was much. I agreed, but it was £3,500 more than I was willing to pay for a bedroom for family to use when they visit a total of 4-6weeks a year. Not sure he liked it but he got the point.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 1:06 pm

I can't stand wet towels! I can never rest easy after using one, until it is properly laid out in a big airy spot of the room (never inside the washroom) so it can dry quickly and not give off the yucky wet towel smell!

I am apparently in my family's bad books because when my over visiting brother in law wanted to smoke in my house, I asked him to go live in a hotel
Old Mar 9th 2014, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
I can't stand wet towels! I can never rest easy after using one, until it is properly laid out in a big airy spot of the room (never inside the washroom) so it can dry quickly and not give off the yucky wet towel smell!

I am apparently in my family's bad books because when my over visiting brother in law wanted to smoke in my house, I asked him to go live in a hotel
You're kidding right?

When I stay at my Mum's house I smoke outside and bin the fag butts.

When I'm at the Mrs' parents place I just go without and don't smoke.

If someone asked to smoke inside my apartment I'd probably laugh in their face.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 1:42 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Seems so many visitors forget they are staying in our homes and not hotels.

I get really fed up picking up after people who seem incapable of putting used glasses or mugs in the kitchen let alone putting them in the dishwasher. I'm not asking them to wash up, just not assume I'm their maid.

When you work from home it can be even more annoying as many visitors forget the 'working' part. Just because I'm here it doesn't mean I'm available for them all day.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Seems so many visitors forget they are staying in our homes and not hotels.

I get really fed up picking up after people who seem incapable of putting used glasses or mugs in the kitchen let alone putting them in the dishwasher. I'm not asking them to wash up, just not assume I'm their maid.

When you work from home it can be even more annoying as many visitors forget the 'working' part. Just because I'm here it doesn't mean I'm available for them all day.
My absolute all time favorite gripe from visiting relatives was "can't you shut up the mosques?"
Err, you're welcome to try, but let me get as far away as possible....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.