Venting Thread

Old Jan 28th 2014, 8:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Venting Thread

Originally Posted by Scamp
You're right.

Whenever I go back she puts me up in Southampton because it's easier to see mates from there and lets them stay with me etc. Alright I don't do anything but sleep there and chat to her, it's still something she doesn't have to do.

I've just been wound up by the "I've only got a little money" which she's admitted is bollocks, she's probably got more than me. But then the bullshit excuse of not wanting to put weight back on that she's lost - I saw her a month ago, she hasn't lost any.

Ah **** it. I'm going to spoil her, she's always looked after me in a big sister / second mother sort of way so I shouldn't complain. 25 years of her being decent and helping me out.

What a difference a good night's sleep makes eh.
Fact: Family are supposed to piss us off, however your above attitude is the one to take. It's not like she's turning up every year for a month or so, send her home full of stories about how great her brother is. I've been here 8+ years. No member of my family have taken us up on our wish for them to come although my sister does ask me every year if I'm going to surprise them with a visit for christmas. Seriously pisses me off that they'll take expensive holidays everywhere else and post pics all over FB, especially when one of them told me she was coming with her daughters after collecting them from various countries on the way. She took a daughter to NY instead. My nephew turned up for 3 hours once and a few years later we found out he and his girlfriend were here for a three week holiday, staying half an hour away. We found out a month after they got home. We're actually close I suck it up and bitch about it every now and then but I'd love to have the opportunity to let them take the piss with my generosity (at least once anyway ).
Old Jan 28th 2014, 10:39 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Fact: Family are supposed to piss us off, however your above attitude is the one to take. It's not like she's turning up every year for a month or so, send her home full of stories about how great her brother is. I've been here 8+ years. No member of my family have taken us up on our wish for them to come although my sister does ask me every year if I'm going to surprise them with a visit for christmas. Seriously pisses me off that they'll take expensive holidays everywhere else and post pics all over FB, especially when one of them told me she was coming with her daughters after collecting them from various countries on the way. She took a daughter to NY instead. My nephew turned up for 3 hours once and a few years later we found out he and his girlfriend were here for a three week holiday, staying half an hour away. We found out a month after they got home. We're actually close I suck it up and bitch about it every now and then but I'd love to have the opportunity to let them take the piss with my generosity (at least once anyway ).
well that's a vent a half right there
Feels good doesn't it!
Good news : inlaws away this morning, I shall proceed to violate my couch tonight with utter disregard to safety or decorum!!
Old Jan 28th 2014, 10:43 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

venting thread you say...

having cancelled stuff and rearranged a shit load of other stuff for the end of the week, so I could be around to be in the villa when it got redecorated for the 1st time in 6 years (dont ask!) the landlord has decided not to sign off on the job order because hes sick.

well thank you very ****ing much you utter ***********.
**** you, **** the camel you rode in on and **** the desert you stumbled out of.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

Scamp! Visitors can only drive hire cars, not your cars! (just sayin')

It is annoying. It's almost as annoying as the "friends" you haven't heard from since you left, suddenly contacting you and saying they want to come and stay with you! Stamped that out many years ago!!! If they are such good friends they would have been in touch before!

I have lots to vent about. I could spend a LOT of time on this thread.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 10:47 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
My nephew turned up for 3 hours once and a few years later we found out he and his girlfriend were here for a three week holiday, staying half an hour away..
had exactly the same thing except they didnt even bother visiting us, meeting or in fact telling us they were here.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 10:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
well that's a vent a half right there
Feels good doesn't it!
Good news : inlaws away this morning, I shall proceed to violate my couch tonight with utter disregard to safety or decorum!!
I love a pants-on-sofa night.

Originally Posted by shiva
venting thread you say...

having cancelled stuff and rearranged a shit load of other stuff for the end of the week, so I could be around to be in the villa when it got redecorated for the 1st time in 6 years (dont ask!) the landlord has decided not to sign off on the job order because hes sick.

well thank you very ****ing much you utter ***********.
**** you, **** the camel you rode in on and **** the desert you stumbled out of.
What a ****.

Originally Posted by Ditzy
Scamp! Visitors can only drive hire cars, not your cars! (just sayin')

It is annoying. It's almost as annoying as the "friends" you haven't heard from since you left, suddenly contacting you and saying they want to come and stay with you! Stamped that out many years ago!!! If they are such good friends they would have been in touch before!

I have lots to vent about. I could spend a LOT of time on this thread.
I wouldn't let her near my car. She's the worst driver in the world. Makes some of the special cases out here look positively safe...

The Mrs' friend booked flights without checking dates. Apparently I'm not very nice for saying she has to stay in a hotel for the last two nights so that she doesn't overlap when my Mum comes to visit for 4 days. Which has been booked long ago. With dates in the calendar. Which we both knew about. Which was all agreed before Mum booked it.

****ing helmets.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 10:51 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

You're right.

Whenever I go back she puts me up in Southampton because it's easier to see mates from there and lets them stay with me etc. Alright I don't do anything but sleep there and chat to her, it's still something she doesn't have to do.

I've just been wound up by the "I've only got a little money" which she's admitted is bollocks, she's probably got more than me. But then the bullshit excuse of not wanting to put weight back on that she's lost - I saw her a month ago, she hasn't lost any.

Ah **** it. I'm going to spoil her, she's always looked after me in a big sister / second mother sort of way so I shouldn't complain. 25 years of her being decent and helping me out.

What a difference a good night's sleep makes eh.
Did she get the spreadsheet?
Old Jan 28th 2014, 10:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Did she get the spreadsheet?
Oh yeah, she's got it.

I also copied her on the email to all my pals asking about doing brunch for her birthday.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

You lot need to impose The Visitor Embargo.

Adopt the "oh what a shame we're in Oman that weekend" type of thing.

Old Jan 28th 2014, 10:55 am
**** it we'll do it live

****ing helmets.
so so many of them
Old Jan 28th 2014, 10:57 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah, she's got it.

I also copied her on the email to all my pals asking about doing brunch for her birthday.
I assume you quoted price of said brunch? I assume these days they are a bit costlier than the 120 I used to pay at DD?
Old Jan 28th 2014, 11:10 am
Account Closed

I assume you quoted price of said brunch? I assume these days they are a bit costlier than the 120 I used to pay at DD?
No, Mum's feller is paying for that for her.

Ideally I'd take her to Nezzas, 179dhs, 4 hours, rarely too busy, live music and generous with the grog.

Haven't been to DD's in ages, it's cheap and dirty but they're so slow with the booze you end up barely pissed.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 11:26 am
Shark Fisherman

No, Mum's feller is paying for that for her.

Ideally I'd take her to Nezzas, 179dhs, 4 hours, rarely too busy, live music and generous with the grog.

Haven't been to DD's in ages, it's cheap and dirty but they're so slow with the booze you end up barely pissed.
We used to end up staying at the bar and drinking pints of Vodka and Orange, though you are right as you got served one you essentially started queuing again. Had my 1st jagerbomb in there, good times indeed.

Im in Dubs this time next month, may have to have a pilgrimage there.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 11:28 am
Account Closed

We used to end up staying at the bar and drinking pints of Vodka and Orange, though you are right as you got served one you essentially started queuing again. Had my 1st jagerbomb in there, good times indeed.

Im in Dubs this time next month, may have to have a pilgrimage there.
Let me know when you're here. You can buy me a beer.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Scamp, I am looking forward to hearing all the stories after she has left.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.