Venting Thread

Old Jan 27th 2014, 6:32 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Venting Thread

Is there a place where we can vent here?
Are we allowed to vent here?
Anyway, I cant vent on FB because, well some people are there who I want to vent about
Why do some people feel the need for drama in their life? Why is everything a yes or no situation? And only a must win situation, be it an argument or a story about a life experience. And heaven forbid someone somehow either puts forth a rock solid fact to shut them up or confront them about it and then the pout of the century is put on which in itself is also a drama creation scenario and is relished and wrung out till the last drops of pleasure are had...till the next opportunity of drama comes along and is pounced upon and the whole thing starts all over again

Ok, I think Im ok now...carry on
and please do feel free to vent if you need to about anything or anyone
oh and also my inlaws are visiting and its been a month now and I miss my space
Old Jan 27th 2014, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Venting Thread

If my in-laws came to visit for a month, I'd need to vent somewhere too..

In fact, anything more than a week is hell.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 7:27 am

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland

amen to that
back home it wasnt a problem as the house was full of rooms so you can just disappear permanently but here as we all know, space is precious!!
Old Jan 27th 2014, 7:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

There's always this thread in The Lounge if you don't want to vent in here. Helps a lot of us knowing it's not just us that have ****wit 'friends' or families.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 7:40 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
and please do feel free to vent if you need to about anything or anyone
oh and also my inlaws are visiting and its been a month now and I miss my space
I cant even cope with my own folks for that long
Old Jan 27th 2014, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland

I had my mother in law here for 2 months last year. I've been roped into buyung her another ticket for this year, hopefully only for a couple of weeks !
Old Jan 27th 2014, 8:12 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Next door had her parents here over xmas and new year. The neighbours like a drink, parents are tee total. Seems it was a really great best ever xmas (I was in UK so they couldn't even sneak into mine).
Old Jan 27th 2014, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by shiva
I cant even cope with my own folks for that long
same here actually, we have a saying that if you want mutual two way love with the ones you love, maintain some distance
familiarity breeds contempt etc etc

Originally Posted by Brains1983
I had my mother in law here for 2 months last year. I've been roped into buyung her another ticket for this year, hopefully only for a couple of weeks !
ha!...you THINK it would be a couple of weeks
Old Jan 27th 2014, 8:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

It's almost exactly two weeks away but I'm already getting nervous about my sister coming.

It's for her 30th, she's not visited me yet. She's been to Fujairah before but that was working, so has seen nothing of Dubai.

This was sort of forced on me, so she got something special for her 30th...

The problem is, she's chalk and I'm cheese. She's a lovely human being and extremely pleasant, but just isn't quite on this planet in some areas.

Like me, she carries a little timber, well, a bit more than me. She's not a monster or huge or anything, but she seems to think that Michael Buble is waiting to whisk her off her feet. She claims to have lost a load of weight, but whenever I'm spending time with her, all she does is eat. Random shit, like slices of bread and butter, or that hateful soreen(?) cake shit. Don't moan about being fat and do nothing about it.

Now, that's all quite materialistic and shallow. As I said, we're chalk and cheese, she's an engineer but cannot apply logic to the real world. She told me she's got a budget of 200 quid for 11 days in Dubai. I told her not to ****ing come. I got told by Mum she was coming. I told Mum I KNOW she has much more money than that. I got told that was none of my business.

I asked when she was coming. She didn't know. She actually replied to my email with a question mark, nothing else.

Mum had to give me dates so I can book some time off work.

I then got to the bottom of the 'i've got no money' bullshit charade, she has got money to spend and does want to have fun, but doesn't want to eat and drink loads and put all this weight back on - Fair enough.

So, she found the Desert Road Run...it just so happens to be 8 hours AFTER she flies home. It took four emails each to get that message across.

My sister isn't stupid, selfish, horrible, nasty, unhelpful, mean. She's actually really nice. I think we are just polar opposites and wind each other up by just being ourselves. She's too much like my Mum, I'm too much like my Dad.

I've got two weeks until she's here and then I've got 11 or 12 days with her. I'm definitely going to consider a brother/sister slap (they're allowed) at some point, I know it. BUT, then I've got my MUm on skype saying I need to be nice, it's her 30th and I've only got on big sister (she ignores my two step-sisters) and have to look after her. Then I Feel like a massive **** for moaning about her.

I'm just going to treat her like a moron and take her everywhere and show her shiny lights and hope she enjoys it.

Serious first world vent problem from hell. If you've read this far I'll buy you a beer.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 8:40 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
It's almost exactly two weeks away but I'm already getting nervous about my sister coming.

It's for her 30th, she's not visited me yet. She's been to Fujairah before but that was working, so has seen nothing of Dubai.

The problem is, she's chalk and I'm cheese. She's a lovely human being and extremely pleasant, but just isn't quite on this planet in some areas.

Like me, she carries a little timber, well, a bit more than me. She's not a monster or huge or anything, but she seems to think that Michael Buble is waiting to whisk her off her feet. She claims to have lost a load of weight, but whenever I'm spending time with her, all she does is eat. Random shit, like slices of bread and butter, or that hateful soreen(?) cake shit. Don't moan about being fat and do nothing about it.

Now, that's all quite materialistic and shallow. As I said, we're chalk and cheese, she's an engineer but cannot apply logic to the real world. She told me she's got a budget of 200 quid for 11 days in Dubai. I told her not to ****ing come. I got told by Mum she was coming. I told Mum I KNOW she has much more money than that. I got told that was none of my business.

I asked when she was coming. She didn't know. She actually replied to my email with a question mark, nothing else.

I then got to the bottom of the 'i've got no money' bullshit charade, she has got money to spend and does want to have fun, but doesn't want to eat and drink loads and put all this weight back on - Fair enough.

So, she found the Desert Road Run...it just so happens to be 8 hours AFTER she flies home. It took four emails each to get that message across.

My sister isn't stupid, selfish, horrible, nasty, unhelpful, mean. She's actually really nice. I think we are just polar opposites and wind each other up by just being ourselves. She's too much like my Mum, I'm too much like my Dad.

I've got two weeks until she's here and then I've got 11 or 12 days with her. I'm definitely going to consider a brother/sister slap (they're allowed) at some point, I know it. BUT, then I've got my MUm on skype saying I need to be nice, it's her 30th and I've only got on big sister (she ignores my two step-sisters) and have to look after her. Then I Feel like a massive **** for moaning about her.

I'm just going to treat her like a moron and take her everywhere and show her shiny lights and hope she enjoys it.

Serious first world vent problem from hell. If you've read this far I'll buy you a beer.
Heineken please Scampy ;-)
Old Jan 27th 2014, 8:41 am

mate!! thats all i can say!!
Old Jan 27th 2014, 8:41 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Scamp: I hope you're not expected to subsidise her stay. If she only comes with 200 quid, that's her choice.

Mine's a Stellar, ta.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Get her to the Hash House Harriers?

It is only 11 days and try not to bring old stuff to the table and just treat her how you find her. This is tricky but means that the sibling slap may be staved for a week or two.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 9:05 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
Borrow an exercise bike and when you go off to work in the morning slap her backside and say 'climb on chubby!'
Old Jan 27th 2014, 9:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by TheShed
Heineken please Scampy ;-)
Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
mate!! thats all i can say!!
Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Scamp: I hope you're not expected to subsidise her stay. If she only comes with 200 quid, that's her choice.

Mine's a Stellar, ta.
Still no drinking at the moment gents, but I'd murder one. 24 days strong and only a bit to go. One more weekend.

Bahtat - That's what Dad says, that and to ask Mum to contribute to things like brunch and birthday dinner. It all sounds a bit big time to say that 'nice' places are ****ing expensive, 'fancy 30th birthday dinner places' are probably mental prices. I can't expect her to pay for herself on her birthday but I'm already going to be paying for myself and the mrs, so if we go and have a slap up feed and drinks somewhere, it could comfortably be 2-3,000+. She can get ****ed.

Originally Posted by al dente

It is only 11 days and try not to bring old stuff to the table and just treat her how you find her. This is tricky but means that the sibling slap may be staved for a week or two.
Thanks AD, I did do a little looking but might do some more. There's a running track round Safa, thought I could drop her off, go to Tim Hortons, have a nice coffee and bring her home again!

BTW - I wouldn't lay a finger on her, shes a twat at times but big sisters are big sisters eh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.