Vaping

Old Jan 3rd 2017, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vaping

Decided that I would give this a go instead of cigarettes and so far 4 days cig free...... which included NYE so thats a bit of a miracle.

Got a starter vape from the UK but thinking of upgrading already and want to buy some different flavoured juices.

The aim is to reduce the juice strength over time - currently on 12mg and aiming to drop to 6mg soon and then 3mg in a month or so. As I'm not / wasn't a heavy smoker hopefully this shouldn't been an issue.

Anyone else vaping here and know where to buy decent stuff (i.e. not the dodgy Chinese stuff). Looking for the American / Brit juice. I hear Dragon Mart has some but heading there sounds a ball ache. Also there are a few online UAE based places who deliver the day after but they are proper pricey and the choice is pretty limited.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaping

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Decided that I would give this a go instead of cigarettes and so far 4 days cig free...... which included NYE so thats a bit of a miracle.

Got a starter vape from the UK but thinking of upgrading already and want to buy some different flavoured juices.

The aim is to reduce the juice strength over time - currently on 12mg and aiming to drop to 6mg soon and then 3mg in a month or so. As I'm not / wasn't a heavy smoker hopefully this shouldn't been an issue.

Anyone else vaping here and know where to buy decent stuff (i.e. not the dodgy Chinese stuff). Looking for the American / Brit juice. I hear Dragon Mart has some but heading there sounds a ball ache. Also there are a few online UAE based places who deliver the day after but they are proper pricey and the choice is pretty limited.
drop a pm to Irish Bee Keeper - he's the man in the know for vape!
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
drop a pm to Irish Bee Keeper - he's the man in the know for vape!
Excellent. Cheers.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

asjglx will become famous soon enough

OT but hey-ho....

It's completely banned here in Oman. You can't buy them here and the police will confiscate if they catch you bringing one in to the country.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AndrewGrant
OT but hey-ho....

It's completely banned here in Oman. You can't buy them here and the police will confiscate if they catch you bringing one in to the country.
As far as I know it's a bit of a grey area here. I see people smoking them all the time, some shops sell them and you can order them online for delivery the next day..... but..... there has been reports of people having them taken off them coming in / confiscated at customs.....
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

lightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond reputelightandbitter2 has a reputation beyond repute

Never tried, but in my mind it's the same as alcohol free lager or a paid for night with a Chinese starfish
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lightandbitter2
Never tried, but in my mind it's the same as alcohol free lager or a paid for night with a Chinese starfish
But it's not nicotine free.....

Not sure I want to ask what a Chinese starfish is.....
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

I brought one recently from a trip to the UK and its still on my desk (strange how you cannot import one but there is a shop selling them - there are various models going up to KWD120 !)

How did you manage to kick your first cig of the day ?
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 10:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by UKCityGent

How did you manage to kick your first cig of the day ?
I did this recently.

I did it by making a coffee, doing a specific task at work and by grinding out the desire for a burner.

Cut from 10-15 at work to 2.
No longer ever smoke in the mornings (before 12) on any day.

Just got to try and sort the drinking smokes and the rest of the work ones....although now I'm off today ill I haven't smoked at all.

I don't have that desire to quit, which I'm sure makes it easier but I quite like being stubborn.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
I did this recently.

I did it by making a coffee, doing a specific task at work and by grinding out the desire for a burner.

Cut from 10-15 at work to 2.
No longer ever smoke in the mornings (before 12) on any day.

Just got to try and sort the drinking smokes and the rest of the work ones....although now I'm off today ill I haven't smoked at all.

I don't have that desire to quit, which I'm sure makes it easier but I quite like being stubborn.
Good work. I don't drink coffee so don't have that common link. When I cut down last year I used to just bring 2 or 3 with me during the day and have one on the drive in, one after lunch and one on the way home. That worked quite well.

TBH tho since i have been on this vape thing I haven't wanted to spoke. Admittedly the nicotine is still being ingested so thats understandable to a degree but I physically haven't had the desire to spark up and that's over 2 big nights out (30 and 31st Dec) plus in the bar for the football last night. The vape seem's to be working.

Just need to knock it down to the next nicotine level down now.

In fact, just realised I am on day 5.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Good work. I don't drink coffee so don't have that common link. When I cut down last year I used to just bring 2 or 3 with me during the day and have one on the drive in, one after lunch and one on the way home. That worked quite well.

TBH tho since i have been on this vape thing I haven't wanted to spoke. Admittedly the nicotine is still being ingested so thats understandable to a degree but I physically haven't had the desire to spark up and that's over 2 big nights out (30 and 31st Dec) plus in the bar for the football last night. The vape seem's to be working.

Just need to knock it down to the next nicotine level down now.

In fact, just realised I am on day 5.
Congratulations ! I tried the Vaping bit last year but didnt work, plus changing the silly coils a pain in the neck.

However started again after Christmas. Put on patch in the morning, limit myself to 5 cigarettes maximum per day, and have one of the small inhalers they sell in UK ( I guess also in America) that if I have urge to smoke more than five I use. Plus a small electronic throw-away cigarette I occasionally use. But I set 5 cigarettes a day maximum. So far working.

I find after a cigarette with morning coffee, knowing I will have another cigarette at lunch for some reason makes it easier to not smoke any more in the morning.

So plan is to reduce to 4 per day starting February, then 3 in March.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by morpeth
Congratulations ! I tried the Vaping bit last year but didnt work, plus changing the silly coils a pain in the neck.

However started again after Christmas. Put on patch in the morning, limit myself to 5 cigarettes maximum per day, and have one of the small inhalers they sell in UK ( I guess also in America) that if I have urge to smoke more than five I use. Plus a small electronic throw-away cigarette I occasionally use. But I set 5 cigarettes a day maximum. So far working.

I find after a cigarette with morning coffee, knowing I will have another cigarette at lunch for some reason makes it easier to not smoke any more in the morning.

So plan is to reduce to 4 per day starting February, then 3 in March.
Good stuff. The coils are a bit fiddly but they should last two weeks and screw in and out..... hardly that much of a hassle. I think the problem will be when I forget to charge it or run out of juice! I just need to make sure I don't succumb to a smoke then as I think that would undo the good I have done so far.

Can't wait to be one of those annoying, judgmental, ex-smoker wankers!
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff. The coils are a bit fiddly but they should last two weeks and screw in and out..... hardly that much of a hassle. I think the problem will be when I forget to charge it or run out of juice! I just need to make sure I don't succumb to a smoke then as I think that would undo the good I have done so far.

Can't wait to be one of those annoying, judgmental, ex-smoker wankers!
Maybe I just had bad luck changing the coils, or as you say running out and falling back into cigarettes. And I have a sneaking suspicion these liquids while safer than cigarettes, contain some weird chemicals of which the long term effects not known yet.

I am sold on the combination of the patch, the small inhaler, and for good measure having a cheap electronic cigarette available. But not that many days yet, but has been easier to cut back on cigarettes.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 7:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by morpeth
Maybe I just had bad luck changing the coils, or as you say running out and falling back into cigarettes. And I have a sneaking suspicion these liquids while safer than cigarettes, contain some weird chemicals of which the long term effects not known yet.

I am sold on the combination of the patch, the small inhaler, and for good measure having a cheap electronic cigarette available. But not that many days yet, but has been easier to cut back on cigarettes.
Are the patches / inhalers good?

I have some of the tablet things to chew but have never braved them yet.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 8:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp
Are the patches / inhalers good?

I have some of the tablet things to chew but have never braved them yet.
I think it is the combination that at least for me works. I remember going on long plane flights, either wearing patches or gum/lozenges. Took a bit of edge off but not much. Being an addict I would still when changing flights go past security to have a cigarette, then come back through again.

The way explained to me there are two aspects to cigarette addiction, the nicotine addiction, and the psychological/habit addition, with the health danger less the nicotine than the smoke. Ignoring the physical addiction made many people who tried to stop smoking relapse.

I put the patch on in the morning. I have a cigarette after coffee, then tell myself no more until lunch. In the meantime if I feel urge for cigarette I use the inhaler ( no vapor) which is just a short burst of nicotine. If I get closer to lunch and still want a cigarette I use simpler electronic throw away cigarette. so presumably my body can get enough nicotine, and psychologically since I look forward to cigarette at lunch I get through morning ok.

The inhaler is small and fits in your shirt pocket. I went to watch football match on widescreen television and have a pint of cider, instead of going out to smoke, used the inhaler ( I think they are good for 40 minutes total- so I use one per day- still cheaper than cigarettes- and I cant imagine any place complaining about a small inhaler that does not put out any fumes, hell you could cup it in your hand and people wouldn't notice).

Well guess I will see but my goal is to smoke no more than five cigarettes a day in January, then cut back to 4 a day in February. I like to smoke but the cost and health risks aren't justifiable, and damn it I should be disciplined enough to do this !

I don't know if the small inhalers available in the US, but surely they could be mailed from the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.