Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

That Vanity Fair photo that all the fuss is about....

Wikiposts

That Vanity Fair photo that all the fuss is about....

Old May 1st 2008, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default That Vanity Fair photo that all the fuss is about....

Background:

Miley Cyrus, star of 'Hannah Montana' and daughter of Billy Ray "Achy Breaky Heart" Cyrus, had her picture taken by Annie Leibovitz....... apparently she loved it at the time, but now that it has been published in Vanity Fair, she regrets it....... she's 15......

The Bored will no doubt produce its usual wide range of opinions..... this was the Torygraph article........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...e-scandal.html
Attached Thumbnails That Vanity Fair photo that all the fuss is about....-cyrus.jpg  
Old May 1st 2008, 7:20 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: That Vanity Fair photo that all the fuss is about....

It is a very artistic photo but I don't think I would want photos of my 15 year old splashed around for dirty old men to perv over. clearly you are not one of those, you are just a sensible telegraph reader
Old May 1st 2008, 7:40 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Slingshot
It is a very artistic photo but I don't think I would want photos of my 15 year old splashed around for dirty old men to perv over. clearly you are not one of those, you are just a sensible telegraph reader
you'd have to be pretty desparate to perv over that....ugly bird, ugly pic
Old May 1st 2008, 7:47 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
you'd have to be pretty desparate to perv over that....ugly bird, ugly pic
I don't think she is ugly, just a bit kooky
Old May 1st 2008, 7:47 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think she is ugly, just a bit kooky
she is ugly in the pic....
Old May 1st 2008, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Yea I'm with you - about the daughter thing, not the Telegraph thing!! - but the reason it's caused an uproar seems to be that if the (under-16) girl in the photo APPEARS to be topless/naked, it's still technically an offence in most countries, even if you can't see her naughty bits [(C) Monty Python 1969] - and Vanity Fair is published all over the place.....

That wasn't the original reason for the commotion though - which was simply that she herself regretting having the pics taken...... she has a squeaky clean image apparently (who or what IS 'Hannah Montana' anyway??)

So to sum up your views:

If you don't want pervs drooling over your 15-year-old daughter, make sure she looks pretty in the topless photos ..... er ...... no, hang on .... er .......
Old May 1st 2008, 10:46 pm
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that you get 15 year old models who do the same sort of thing every day, but because she's a Disney tween idol thats worshiped by half of bible belt America, its a big issue. Personally I wouldn't want my daughter looking like that, but I don't have any kids so I can speak from experience.

In my opinion the Vanity Fair pictures of Miley and her dad, Billy Ray, are even more creepy...
Attached Thumbnails That Vanity Fair photo that all the fuss is about....-2008_04_mileybilly.jpg   That Vanity Fair photo that all the fuss is about....-cusl18_miley0806.jpg  
Old May 1st 2008, 10:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

I think she looks scary...all white skin...like something from a horror film.
As far as anything else goes...big deal.She's not topless.
Old May 1st 2008, 11:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
I think that you get 15 year old models who do the same sort of thing every day, but because she's a Disney tween idol thats worshiped by half of bible belt America, its a big issue. Personally I wouldn't want my daughter looking like that, but I don't have any kids so I can speak from experience.

In my opinion the Vanity Fair pictures of Miley and her dad, Billy Ray, are even more creepy...
God yes - I see what you mean - hadn't seen those before........

The first one has a "Dad, it's probably better if you don't actually put your hand on my right breast on this occasion" look about it.......
Old May 1st 2008, 11:50 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I like it... has that old fashioned look ....
Old May 1st 2008, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Yea I'm with you - about the daughter thing, not the Telegraph thing!! - but the reason it's caused an uproar seems to be that if the (under-16) girl in the photo APPEARS to be topless/naked, it's still technically an offence in most countries, even if you can't see her naughty bits [(C) Monty Python 1969] - and Vanity Fair is published all over the place.....

That wasn't the original reason for the commotion though - which was simply that she herself regretting having the pics taken...... she has a squeaky clean image apparently (who or what IS 'Hannah Montana' anyway??)

So to sum up your views:

If you don't want pervs drooling over your 15-year-old daughter, make sure she looks pretty in the topless photos ..... er ...... no, hang on .... er

AFAIK, Hannah Montana is pretty much a tv show for teenage girls, on which the heroine is a character called errm...Hannah Montana. I've only ever seen one episode, but have seen countless episodes of Lizzie Maguire with Hilary Duff and the two of them seem to be of the same genre.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Who are we to judge who is pretty/beautiful? I certainly don't want anyone judging me.I do however think its wrong to have suggestive pics of a minor published in a world wide magazine.

Now - where do they sell VF in Riyadh......
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Not my daughter...And not the daughter of anyone I know...
So I don't care what that photo is all about...
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
she is ugly in the pic....
my daugther loves her show...and she is actually a really pretty girl, this pic defo doesn't do her justice...

MM, xx
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:22 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

From the 20s... a young Clara Bow...pics don't change much

Old May 2nd 2008, 12:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
my daugther loves her show...and she is actually a really pretty girl, this pic defo doesn't do her justice...

MM, xx

mine does too and I honestly don't think she would even recognise her as being Hannah Montana