Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Value of Etihad airmiles

Value of Etihad airmiles

Old Dec 15th 2012, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold
Default Value of Etihad airmiles

Maybe someone with more experience with them can help me...

I need to make a payment, which would be AED10,000 in cash, or AED10,300 on a credit card. If I use my (ADCB Etihad) credit card, I'd get about 2,800 Etihad airmiles (1 mile per 1USD expenditure). Are those 2,800 extra airmiles worth the extra AED300, anyone know?

In case it is relevant, I usually use the airmiles to contribute towards flight bookings for a family holiday - or, very occasionally, an upgrade.

Many thanks!

Ps in case this is relevant also, I've about 126,000 etihad miles stored up already.

Last edited by archie159; Dec 15th 2012 at 7:49 am. Reason: adding a ps.
Old Dec 15th 2012, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Value of Etihad airmiles

Go to the website and check miles redemption value vs cost of paying. I seem to remember that a return economy yo London earns around 7000 miles and costs about 500 quid so on that basis, yes.

I love etihad miles and find them easy to use and good value.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by al dente View Post
Go to the website and check miles redemption value vs cost of paying. I seem to remember that a return economy yo London earns around 7000 miles and costs about 500 quid so on that basis, yes.

I love etihad miles and find them easy to use and good value.
Thanks - I agree that they are quite easy to use, at least for me (I have friends who complain they can never get them to work on the routes they travel, but I don't understand why). I'll play around on the Etihad website a bit to see if I can work out some value the way you describe - unless anyone else has done this already and knows the answer!
Old Dec 16th 2012, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say no. Save your 300 Dh