British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Valentines Days (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/valentines-days-588466/)

lionheart Feb 1st 2009 10:46 am

Valentines Days

Other than rushing out to buy some exotic lingerie at Dragonmart, what have you guys and gals got planned for the big day or will it just pass you by again?

Spugsy Feb 1st 2009 10:52 am

Re: Valentines Days

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7235715)
Other than rushing out to buy some exotic lingerie at Dragonmart, what have you guys and gals got planned for the big day or will it just pass you by again?

well to be honest, last year everywhere was so inflated for meals etc we just waited til it was over, the next weekend then we went away and had a nice quiet weekend together, we got each other cards and that was it.

still.unsure Feb 1st 2009 10:53 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7235715)

send my apologies and sit on my @rse in the desert, unable to get back to the real world for the w/end... :frown:

oh the joys of the magic kingdom and a boss from hell...

</end whinge>

MataHari Feb 1st 2009 11:03 am

load of crap...

Blue Cat Feb 1st 2009 11:36 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7235755)
load of crap...

I agree ;)

commander Feb 1st 2009 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7235730)
well to be honest, last year everywhere was so inflated for meals etc we just waited til it was over, the next weekend then we went away and had a nice quiet weekend together, we got each other cards and that was it.

spot on.....valentines is a complete and utter waste of money here..

do the same a few days later for half the price.

Charismatic Feb 1st 2009 12:18 pm

I'll be partaking in the elaborate dance of "romance" needed to woo the current Miss Charismatic, hopefully culminating with some nookie :wub:.

Grace O Malley Feb 1st 2009 12:22 pm

load of old marketing tosh

MataHari Feb 1st 2009 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7235967)
load of old marketing tosh

but then again...if anyone wants to spoil us, we won't stop them will we...

Kim67 Feb 1st 2009 12:29 pm

We're using it as excuse for a compound drinks night - we always looking for an occasion to get together for drinks at our villas so next one is valentines day. Then there's some Dutch holiday in March I think and ANZAC Day and St Georges Days fall within a couple of days of each other in April. That's sorted our social lives here for another couple of months.

MissDemeanor Feb 1st 2009 1:10 pm

Well I love Valentines Day.
Romance is a wonderful thing.:wub:

Bambi in Abu Dhabi Feb 1st 2009 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 7236054)
Well I love Valentines Day.
Romance is a wonderful thing.:wub:

Oh, I love it too :wub:.

I am looking forward to being wined & dined at Vasco's, and if he buys me some beautiful lingerie or some nice perfume then maybe, just maybe, I might put out...

MataHari Feb 1st 2009 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi (Post 7236066)

I am looking forward to being wined & dined at Vasco's, and if he buys me some beautiful lingerie or some nice perfume then maybe, just maybe, I might put out...

you should be putting out cause you want to...not cause you get paid for it.

MissDemeanor Feb 1st 2009 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi (Post 7236066)

Now that is all the incentive that men need to make an effort.:D

Grace O Malley Feb 1st 2009 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7235973)
but then again...if anyone wants to spoil us, we won't stop them will we...

lol but I prefer to be spoiled everyday not just one day of the year! and yeah if i don't get flowers, chocs, perfume ..... hes a dead man