Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Vaccine rollout in the UAE

Vaccine rollout in the UAE

Old Feb 18th 2021, 7:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Vaccine rollout in the UAE

Originally Posted by csdf
She got the AZ jab though, which has a bit of a reputation. Like you, I've had no side-effects from Sinopharm nor know anyone who did.
Correct. Not much confirmed about any of the side effects, the list is just anything that might be wrong with anyone ever to be honest. Some people say if you're bad it means you had it, some say if it's bad it's good as it means it is working etc etc etc.

All was just noise to be honest, she's never ill, works through everything and this kept her in bed for 24 hours. Is what it is, like you say - lots of people are saying they've suffered from it.
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

carbolic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
been a month since the last posting so just wondering how things are going on the ground with vaccine numbers, cases etc. Must also be a number of people getting their second shot.
Thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carbolic
Hi
been a month since the last posting so just wondering how things are going on the ground with vaccine numbers, cases etc. Must also be a number of people getting their second shot.
Thanks
7.3 million doses and as far as I’m aware almost everyone has the 2nd jab at 3 weeks as there are no delays.

infections still running around +/- 2000 per day it’s been fluctuating above and below.

vaccinations now open to any resident above the age of 16.

vaccine stats are here https://covid19.ncema.gov.ae/en
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone had an antibodies test? I have and it was very low, 3 months after the second dose.
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pongo
Anyone had an antibodies test? I have and it was very low, 3 months after the second dose.
I haven’t yet .... what vaccine did you have ? .... I was reading a couple of days ago that they have sufficient stocks of sinopharm to start giving 3rd boosters to vulnerable groups.
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKMS
I haven’t yet .... what vaccine did you have ? .... I was reading a couple of days ago that they have sufficient stocks of sinopharm to start giving 3rd boosters to vulnerable groups.
It was the sinopharm, I’m trying to get a booster this week.
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 5:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I was told by someone yesterday that if the antibodies test was low they're giving one of the other vaccines to those who had Sino
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scamp
I was told by someone yesterday that if the antibodies test was low they're giving one of the other vaccines to those who had Sino
I asked the GP this morning and should said no, DOH circular, this is AD.
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

We are being told at work to not take the test as they are so unreliable.
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carbolic
Hi
Thanks
2 dose done on Sunday. In bed all day on Monday shivering and feeling like shit. All done and ready to go. Love the UAE.
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ever heard the expression throwing good money after bad?
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 8:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
2 dose done on Sunday. In bed all day on Monday shivering and feeling like shit. All done and ready to go. Love the UAE.
Nice work.
Got my second jab in 6 weeks or so.

Do you get any sort of certificate other than the one in the app / emailed to you?
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Millhouse
ever heard the expression throwing good money after bad?
A booster of some description will probably be required for all the vaccines sooner or later.
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A booster of some description will probably be required for all the vaccines sooner or later.
yes, although none of the others are discussing this only six months in.
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp
Nice work.
Got my second jab in 6 weeks or so.

Do you get any sort of certificate other than the one in the app / emailed to you?
I downloaded mine off the internet using the MFN and a OTP number to my phone. Had hoped for an NHS sticker like Boris got but alas no.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.