Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Vaccine rollout in the UAE

Vaccine rollout in the UAE

Old Apr 16th 2021, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccine rollout in the UAE

Originally Posted by UKMS
how confident are you that the test is accurate ?
Who knows. But I'm hearing that quite a few people are seeing antibodies disappear after a few months.
Old Apr 16th 2021, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
Did my antibodies test yesterday (2 months since second dose): result was a big fat negative. Which is annoying.
a proper antibody test doesn’t simply just give a single positive or negative it should give you the levels of 2 types of antibody ( indicating negative, borderline or positive for each ) ….. plus a simple positive or negative of third.

were you negative in all 3 ?

Old Apr 17th 2021, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

I was negative for all three tests, yes. For the spike protein antibody, where a negative is 12 AU/ml or less, I got 6. My wife got 75 in the same spike antibody test - I've heard of people getting up to 250 AU/ml from vaccine and even higher if they actually caught covid.
Old Apr 17th 2021, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

I was negative for all three tests, yes. For the spike protein antibody, where a negative is 12 AU/ml or less, I got 6. My wife got 75 in the same spike antibody test - I've heard of people getting up to 250 AU/ml from vaccine and even higher if they actually caught covid.
blimey ….. like you say disappointing….. what vaccine did you have ?
Old Apr 17th 2021, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I guess you were in the unlucky 97%

Looks Pfizer is going to start saying 3 shots soon, and annual boosters.
Old Apr 17th 2021, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by UKMS
blimey ….. like you say disappointing….. what vaccine did you have ?
Sinopharm
Old Apr 18th 2021, 6:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I guess you were in the unlucky 97%

Looks Pfizer is going to start saying 3 shots soon, and annual boosters.
I thought the annual booster was pretty much always going to be on the cards to be fair.
Old Apr 20th 2021, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

Pfizer approved in Abu Dhabi
Old Apr 28th 2021, 7:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Got the second jab this week. Late night appointment, sub 7 mins from 'hello' to plaster-on.
Old May 12th 2021, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

carbolic is an unknown quantity at this point

Noticing some media stories about certain classes of persons being exempted from the need to be vaccinated eg pregnant women.
The articles don't make it clear whether vaccine is mandatory, encouraged or what?
Interested to hear how it works on the ground.
Cases in UAE seem to be high but at least they're trending down.
Thanks
PS.. Got my first AZ yesterday and feeling fine
Old May 12th 2021, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Those exemptions are primarily to clarify who is responsible for paying for periodic PCRs. Lots of people now have to test every two weeks if vaccinated (at their employer's cost) or every week if not vaccinated (at their own cost). The latest clarifications establish that people who are exempt from vaccination will not have to pay for their weekly PCR (but still have to do it).
Old May 12th 2021, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Thanks CDSF.
Is that the $US100 PCR test or one of the cheaper rapid tests?
If the former that's a "real" incentive to get the jab
Old May 17th 2021, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Restrictions have been eased a little in Dubai .... not surprisingly restrictions gradually being introduced to make life more difficult for those choosing not to vaccinate !

https://www.thenationalnews.com/uae/...-100-1.1224217
Old May 18th 2021, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by carbolic
Thanks CDSF.
Is that the $US100 PCR test or one of the cheaper rapid tests?
If the former that's a "real" incentive to get the jab
It's not $100, it's about $20 (65 AED). There are no rapid tests in use here except the DPI which is exclusively used to allow people to cross from Dubai to Abu Dhabi.
Old May 19th 2021, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Thanks csdf
That's much cheaper than most countries but it would still add up week on week not to mention the inconvenience

Research by UK consumer group Which? in April 2021 found that the average price of one PCR test was £120 in the UK
https://www.itij.com/latest/news/hig...ational-travel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.