Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Vaccine rollout in the UAE

Vaccine rollout in the UAE

Old Mar 23rd 2021, 9:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Vaccine rollout in the UAE

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I downloaded mine off the internet using the MFN and a OTP number to my phone. Had hoped for an NHS sticker like Boris got but alas no.
Fair enough. I've seen my first jab one in the app and was sent it as well.
As long as we end up with something legit looking, we might find travel easier.
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

2 dose done on Sunday. In bed all day on Monday shivering and feeling like shit. All done and ready to go. Love the UAE.
You already had covid so what was the point of a vaccine?

Old Mar 23rd 2021, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

yes, although none of the others are discussing this only six months in.
Aye, but those of us in AD have no choice - it's SInopharm or nothing.
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I want to travel.
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

out of interest why would you not want to be vaccinated just because you’ve already had covid ?
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 5:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKMS
out of interest why would you not want to be vaccinated just because you’ve already had covid ?
Good excuse to not travel.
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Good excuse to not travel.
there is that !
Old Mar 24th 2021, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't having covid give you the antibodies?

I have my first shot but I do wonder if people are rushing too eagerly into a vaccine that doesn't have the history to see if it works in the long run.
Old Mar 24th 2021, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Doesn't having covid give you the antibodies?

I have my first shot but I do wonder if people are rushing too eagerly into a vaccine that doesn't have the history to see if it works in the long run.
I understand having covid gives you a degree of anti bodies that’s why they don’t let you take the vaccine for 3 months...... beyond that it’s a bit unknown... I guess until the masses get vaccinated we won’t know how long it lasts ......
Old Mar 24th 2021, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I understand having covid gives you a degree of anti bodies that’s why they don’t let you take the vaccine for 3 months...... beyond that it’s a bit unknown... I guess until the masses get vaccinated we won’t know how long it lasts ......
I took the Pf vaccine 4 weeks after testing positive. It was about 10 days after clearing symptoms. WHO, Pf and the UN said it was ok. The 3 months thing is a stock management idea working on the theory that you can't catch it again within 3 months.

I can't get my head around how a vaccine offers more protection than actually having fought the virus for 2 weeks. I think it's all BS, but I'm taking a view on covid travel passports - and what vaccines will be acceptable. The Pf one was offered to be on a take it or leave it basis with no future guarantee of availability. My vaccine side effects were awful on both occasions as I had a proper response.

The truth is that no one knows how well the vaccines or having it really works beyond about 8 months as there isn't the data.
Old Mar 25th 2021, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

We had the choice of the Sinopharm or the Sputnik. The company sorted it out and a firm from AD pitched up and jabbed 5000 bodies in 2 days and repeated a month later . Very impressed indeed .
Old Mar 25th 2021, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

I took the Pf vaccine 4 weeks after testing positive. It was about 10 days after clearing symptoms. WHO, Pf and the UN said it was ok. The 3 months thing is a stock management idea working on the theory that you can't catch it again within 3 months.

I can't get my head around how a vaccine offers more protection than actually having fought the virus for 2 weeks. I think it's all BS, but I'm taking a view on covid travel passports - and what vaccines will be acceptable. The Pf one was offered to be on a take it or leave it basis with no future guarantee of availability. My vaccine side effects were awful on both occasions as I had a proper response.

The truth is that no one knows how well the vaccines or having it really works beyond about 8 months as there isn't the data.
Did you get Pfizer in UAE ? ..... yeah agreed the 3 month thing is stock management so that doses are not wasted on those that don’t need them .... quite a few countries sticking to this.
Old Mar 25th 2021, 3:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Did you get Pfizer in UAE ? ..... yeah agreed the 3 month thing is stock management so that doses are not wasted on those that don’t need them .... quite a few countries sticking to this.
yes, in Mirdif. My company arranged it so don’t know how it happened. That said, there were plenty of other folk; security guards, deliver drivers etc. all getting the same. Didn’t feel like it was being rationed.
Old Mar 25th 2021, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

yes, in Mirdif. My company arranged it so don’t know how it happened. That said, there were plenty of other folk; security guards, deliver drivers etc. all getting the same. Didn’t feel like it was being rationed.
i was more meaning generally about stock management rather than UAE specific..... generally there seems to have been good stock here .... even when they cut back on appointments they still seemed to have plenty for anyone in the right group or occupation. I’ve been quite impressed with stories I’ve heard of their flexibility in arranging bulk appointments for companies or pop up vaccination centres for some companies. Also flexibility in accommodating maids drivers etc for jabs that have accompanied their sponsors to appointments
Old Mar 28th 2021, 5:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

i was more meaning generally about stock management rather than UAE specific..... generally there seems to have been good stock here .... even when they cut back on appointments they still seemed to have plenty for anyone in the right group or occupation. I’ve been quite impressed with stories I’ve heard of their flexibility in arranging bulk appointments for companies or pop up vaccination centres for some companies. Also flexibility in accommodating maids drivers etc for jabs that have accompanied their sponsors to appointments
We had a work one arranged recently but it was only Sinopharm (and I've already had the first AZ one, so didn't sign up obviously), but great that it's happening. I wonder what the impact will be on daily cases, we've seen them coming right down but still 2,000 a day (ish). I also wonder what impact it will have on travel to the UK (and any other countries who have restricted the UAE).
My understanding is the vaccine will likely just stop me being hospitalised or dead or seriously ill, but doesn't stop me having it, carrying it or transmitting it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.