Vaccine rollout in KSA

Old Feb 26th 2021, 8:21 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vaccine rollout in KSA

Registered a few weeks back on Sehaty for the vaccine and got the message this morning to book an appointment. Booked it for the same day a few hours later. Very quick, no wait. Had the AstraZenica. 2nd dose booked for 12 weeks time.

Don't know why I was called up as I'm not particularly old, mid-forties, but I suspect it's due to not that many Saudis having registered yet.
Old Feb 27th 2021, 3:03 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccine rollout in KSA

Your second dose will be in the middle of Eid holidays, will you be in KSA to receive it?

I've got my appointment booked for the end of next week. Remote location, so not sure how to get to the clinic and back, but will figure something out.
Old Feb 27th 2021, 4:18 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
Your second dose will be in the middle of Eid holidays, will you be in KSA to receive it?

I've got my appointment booked for the end of next week. Remote location, so not sure how to get to the clinic and back, but will figure something out.
Think it's going to be the 1st week after Eid. I'll be around anyway. Can't go to the UK because of the 14 days in a 3rd country, and can't go to Thailand because of the 15 nights quarantine. I don't have enough vacation time at the moment to make it worthwhile.

Been looking at places to go and Lebanon only requires 72 hours quarantine which might be viable. Georgia and Bulgaria were also doable but flights through Turkey or UAE so not possible for now.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really happy for you guys, It gives me some encouragement. I registered in January and have not had a reply.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by HiHo
I'm really happy for you guys, It gives me some encouragement. I registered in January and have not had a reply.
Might be down to your location. You're in Riyadh right? I know many people where I am, Qassim, getting it now. If not many people have registered through Sehaty you're going to get it quicker.

I did hear that many Saudis are cautious about getting it, and also the sector that you enter for your work when you apply may make a difference too.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 9:46 am

Cyprus now welcomes vaccinated Saudi residents too.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 1:02 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Got my jab done today, at a mobile clinic (lorry) that turned up in the car park at work. Got the AstraZeneca vaccine, so 12 weeks to get the second, then hopefully heading to the UK for Eid (or the People's Republic of Scotland if it's open by then). Yesterday's cohort were complaining of sickness and aching at work today and a couple had taken the day off. You can guess which nationality were doing most of the complaining and the least amount of work, so nothing coming over them...
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Might be down to your location. You're in Riyadh right? I know many people where I am, Qassim, getting it now. If not many people have registered through Sehaty you're going to get it quicker. I did hear that many Saudis are cautious about getting it, and also the sector that you enter for your work when you apply may make a difference too.
Yes thanks for that, I did put government worker but that is bit of a stretch although I do ultimately work for government. A friend told me to up heart condition and obese, but I opted for the truth. I don't think I could live with the thought that a vulnerable person might have been put a risk so I could go on holiday. One less civil servant in the world, I didn't think anyone would notice.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

As anyone else wondered why Saudi is requiring people from the UK to spend 14 days in locations where they are statistically more likely to catch Corona before coming to KSA
Old Mar 4th 2021, 5:34 am

As anyone else wondered why Saudi is requiring people from the UK to spend 14 days in locations where they are statistically more likely to catch Corona before coming to KSA
1. They're worried about the UK variant. After travelling to the UK, returning to KSA for a couple of nights, then flying to Bangkok, I was amazed when then MOH actually rang me to ask where I was when I was in Bangkok back in December.

2. There's no logic to it. Some colleagues just did 14 days in Zanzibar, officially zero cases since April, unofficially not looking good.

3. Knee jerk reaction

Getting harder and harder to get flights anywhere now. Qatar are going via Kuwait as of next month, and Gulf are virtually nonexistent.
Old Mar 4th 2021, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

2. There's no logic to it. Some colleagues just did 14 days in Zanzibar, officially zero cases since April, unofficially not looking good.
All good points and I guess its a bit rich for them to ban places that are under reporting the infection rate.
Your right about flights but why is Madrid so popular on a Saturday? Ordinary I would assume senior management were season ticket holders but I think they are playing to a closed stadium.
Old Mar 4th 2021, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a choice of vaccines over there?

Here in the US, mom and sis got Moderna. Me and b-in-law are getting Pfizer first shot today.

Just read a news report that half of Germans don't want the AstraZeneca vaccine.
Old Mar 7th 2021, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

At the moment its only Pfizer in KSA but it will be AstraZeneca later. I can imagine the logistics are difficult with Pfizer (-70) in the middle east as summer is coming. The BBC are reporting difficulties with take up amongst minority groups and the impoverished elements of society. Germany has a very high number of uneducated immigrants so I would guess your report is not too far from the truth. I seem to remember reading similar accounts regarding France and Belgium.
Old Mar 7th 2021, 4:20 pm

At the moment its only Pfizer in KSA but it will be AstraZeneca later. I can imagine the logistics are difficult with Pfizer (-70) in the middle east as summer is coming. The BBC are reporting difficulties with take up amongst minority groups and the impoverished elements of society. Germany has a very high number of uneducated immigrants so I would guess your report is not too far from the truth. I seem to remember reading similar accounts regarding France and Belgium.
myself and everyone I know had the AZ. Think it just depends on what they have at the time .
Old Mar 8th 2021, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

myself and everyone I know had the AZ. Think it just depends on what they have at the time .
I am only going on what colleague are telling me, I still haven't had it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.