Utorrent Problems

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 7:06 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Utorrent Problems

I made a torrent guide but it looks complicated...
To make things simple, to speed up your torrent client in general, you would need to open up a port. Regardless of what you use. Azearus is a java application so don't use it, it slows down your pc by a big percentage. As for birlord, its not as good a Bittorent or UTorrent. At the current moment, either bittorent or utorrent, can achieve a great download, without the hastle of other computer bugs etc..
As for speeding up returning to the main point, if you are using a router, go to its settings, usually by typing http://192.168.1.1 and then the admin username and password, refer to your manual or from google. And follow the instructions on port forward, to open up a port. This will increase your speed big time.

If you on 512KB/s Shamel
Without Port forwarding your download avg. on 20Kb/s
With Port forwarding your download avg. on 76Kb/s

Make sure your torrent has more seeds than leachers thats also one more factor
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 7:19 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

That's rather unfair on Azureus. I've been using it for years now and find it by far the best torrent client for my needs. It's pretty over-complicated for people who just want to download, though.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 7:24 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by typical
That's rather unfair on Azureus. I've been using it for years now and find it by far the best torrent client for my needs. It's pretty over-complicated for people who just want to download, though.
Not all people realize though when using Azureus your loading two programs in the same time the torrent client and the java, and that takes ram and cpu process time. So why reduce your pc quality while you have other options of the same quality
Old Dec 28th 2008, 10:50 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

anyone got an update on this. just got back from the uk and cant get utorrent to bloody work. looks like all my trackers are blocked and even freegate as a proxy wont work (normally works fine).
are we now into MUSt have a vpn territory????
Old Dec 28th 2008, 10:52 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

I signed up for a uk vpn the other day and its working perfectly now so not sure if it will go back to normal when rest of problems sorted or not? UK one also means you can d/l from uk channels almost immediately so I'm quite happy with it
Old Dec 28th 2008, 10:56 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust
I signed up for a uk vpn the other day and its working perfectly now so not sure if it will go back to normal when rest of problems sorted or not? UK one also means you can d/l from uk channels almost immediately so I'm quite happy with it
cool, could you pm which one you used.
thx
Old Dec 29th 2008, 1:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
cool, could you pm which one you used.
thx
me too please...it's still a mare...

MM, xx