British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   USELESS PIECES OF EQUIPMENT (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/useless-pieces-equipment-765988/)

silversilver Jul 23rd 2012 7:44 pm

USELESS PIECES OF EQUIPMENT

Today as part of my clear out for moving to the UAE I threw out a silver Reebok exercise ball - you know the ones that you do stomach crunches on etc?.. I had promised myself the' abs' of Shakira - instead my ball had been blown up put in the spare room and sat on once.
It put me in mind of last time I moved - The ab cruncher cage that I left up in my loft for the next tenant.
If I think way back I also had an exercise bike that doubled as a mini clothes rack/wardrobe.

If only I'd kept all this equipment given another few house moves I would have had enough stuff to start a mini gym!

Am I the only person to have bought fitness equipment with good intentions never to use? ..................

Paracletus Jul 24th 2012 1:59 am

Re: USELESS PIECES OF EQUIPMENT

No, you're definitely not alone..but I am not one of them. Whenever I have moved, I tend to get rid of all the 'interesting' things I'd swore I'd get through. I try to live a very mobile life..it's stuck from being moved around as a child and continued as an adult. If it doesn't fit in a suitcase, I'm not having it.

seven seas Jul 24th 2012 3:50 am

That's why inflatable dolls are so popular. They can easily fit into a suitcase.

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 24th 2012 3:52 am

Originally Posted by silversilver (Post 10188741)
Today as part of my clear out for moving to the UAE I threw out a silver Reebok exercise ball - you know the ones that you do stomach crunches on etc?.. I had promised myself the' abs' of Shakira - instead my ball had been blown up put in the spare room and sat on once.
It put me in mind of last time I moved - The ab cruncher cage that I left up in my loft for the next tenant.
If I think way back I also had an exercise bike that doubled as a mini clothes rack/wardrobe.

If only I'd kept all this equipment given another few house moves I would have had enough stuff to start a mini gym!

Am I the only person to have bought fitness equipment with good intentions never to use? ..................

Are you aware that 99.5% of your posts refer to exercise / gyms / fitness.

Are you either;
  1. Huge
  2. Skinny as a rake

?

flares Jul 24th 2012 4:08 am

I got greeted by the Wii fit with...'how are you today its 1011 days since your last visit' t'other day

have been cycling and going to the gym though

silversilver Jul 24th 2012 4:47 am

[QUOTE=Scamp;10189293]Are you aware that 99.5% of your posts refer to exercise / gyms / fitness.

Are you either;
  1. Huge
  2. Skinny as a rake

Only 99.5? I must try harder to make it 100%
Seriously though I'm permanently thinking about, talking about or actually on a diet - purely because I love food and eating out. In Scotland 11 months out of the year i can hide my excess weight under clothes but that's not going to be so in Dubai.
Skinny as a rake never - but I'm no hulk either!

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 24th 2012 5:21 am

[QUOTE=silversilver;10189343]

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10189293)
Are you aware that 99.5% of your posts refer to exercise / gyms / fitness.

Are you either;
  1. Huge
  2. Skinny as a rake

Only 99.5? I must try harder to make it 100%
Seriously though I'm permanently thinking about, talking about or actually on a diet - purely because I love food and eating out. In Scotland 11 months out of the year i can hide my excess weight under clothes but that's not going to be so in Dubai.
Skinny as a rake never - but I'm no hulk either!

I'm only playing. It's good to have an obsession (hobby).

Just get friendly with Commander. He'll beast you into rake territory.

Patsy Stoned Jul 24th 2012 7:02 am

[QUOTE=Scamp;10189372]

Originally Posted by silversilver (Post 10189343)

I'm only playing. It's good to have an obsession (hobby).

Just get friendly with Commander. He'll beast you into rake territory.

As can I!!! ;)

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 24th 2012 8:41 am

[QUOTE=Patsy Stoned;10189463]

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10189372)

As can I!!! ;)

Yeah and this one.

She'll beast you into a sunbed shaped, champagne swilling, darling calling machine in NO TIME

;)

Patsy Stoned Jul 24th 2012 10:21 am

[QUOTE=Scamp;10189607]

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 10189463)

Yeah and this one.

She'll beast you into a sunbed shaped, champagne swilling, darling calling machine in NO TIME

;)

long,slatted with short legs at each corner?????:D:D

Cypselos Jul 24th 2012 10:58 am

wobbly and hosed down by pool boys

Bahtatboy Jul 24th 2012 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Cypselos (Post 10189803)
wobbly and hosed down by pool boys

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bob Jul 24th 2012 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Paracletus (Post 10189193)
No, you're definitely not alone..but I am not one of them. Whenever I have moved, I tend to get rid of all the 'interesting' things I'd swore I'd get through. I try to live a very mobile life..it's stuck from being moved around as a child and continued as an adult. If it doesn't fit in a suitcase, I'm not having it.

Interesting things, indeed...